The History of Fear

90 Human Priest
CHANGELOG:

The Psyfiend for Priests got a Fear nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/09/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Whyvette
Fear nerf.

I hope they wont nerf my sleep.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
i <3 fear
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Whyv you are just full of useful information aren't you?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/10/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vårgulf
Whyv you are just full of useful information aren't you?

Well, I try to be. Sometimes, I don't feel like I do enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
CHANGELOG:

Added Patch 5.2's redesign of Blood Fear and Nimble Brew.
Edited by Whyvette on 1/1/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bumping (and sticky requested)
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
Shameless Bump.... Hoping Whyv has more goodies to share soon as well!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/07/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Bluefoxy
Shameless Bump.... Hoping Whyv has more goodies to share soon as well!

Well, there's always the unanswered questions post, but some of the unanswered questions were...answered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I honestly don't know why people hate on fear so much. If anything cyclones and blanket silences make me rage harder.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/07/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Calderath
I honestly don't know why people hate on fear so much. If anything cyclones and blanket silences make me rage harder.

I'm not sure if it's intended, but can druids Cyclone you without dropping Cat Form? It's happened to me in BG's, where the druid stays in cat form, Cyclones me and then does whatever else for 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/07/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Anathema

I'm not sure if it's intended, but can druids Cyclone you without dropping Cat Form? It's happened to me in BG's, where the druid stays in cat form, Cyclones me and then does whatever else for 5 seconds.

The instant cyclone does not break cat form I THINK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

The instant cyclone does not break cat form I THINK.

What the hell? And people complain about Blood Fear? It costs 10% of my max health, while Druids can spec feral, get an instant Cyclone without a health cost and don't even have to shift out of form. Really Blizz?
Edited by Anathema on 1/7/2013 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Long over due bump...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Updated for the new Blood Horror coming in 5.2. Anyone on the PTR: is it a nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Including interrupts is dumb. They do not affect Fear any more than they do any other cast. This list should include Fear-breaking abilities, but not cast-interrupting ones. They are not a Fear-specific weakness.

It'd be like saying "PALLIES GOT A NEW STUN THEREFORE FEAR IS NOW WEAKER." It's just stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Including interrupts is dumb. They do not affect Fear any more than they do any other cast. This list should include Fear-breaking abilities, but not cast-interrupting ones. They are not a Fear-specific weakness.

It'd be like saying "PALLIES GOT A NEW STUN THEREFORE FEAR IS NOW WEAKER." It's just stupid.

I agree with this.

If the list is intended to show how to break fear, then I believe the list is indeed wrong.

Where fear can be interrupted, the initial interrupt is now on CD, and fear can now be cast. Therefore, it is not a hard stop to fear.

Fear Breaking is a hard stop to fear, like berserk for druids back in Wrath. They took that away because it broke fear and too many warlocks were actually getting touched. Now warlocks can stand at max range and destroy an enemy without even getting their hem dusty.

So, that being said, if it does not break fear, it does not belong on the list and is therefore moot.
Edited by Mortuse on 2/5/2013 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Sorry, but they stay. Fear is a casted CC, like Polymorph and Cyclone. Every single cast can be interrupted, silenced, or stunned (all of which are instant-cast). The interrupts stay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Minor changes, including the removal of a sentence that isn't relevant at all in the current patch.
Edited by Whyvette on 3/20/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I thought this thread was going to be an analysis of the emotion. Was I ever wrong... and disappointed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]