bladefist world pvp gatherings

90 Tauren Druid
ok, wanting to start getting some large world pvp battles going like we used to do in burning crusade.

the jist:
a raid group (or 2)of each, horde and allies. all meet on a predetermined battle field, each on one side, line up, UNFLAGGED, and when the signal is givin we all ..... pvp

the "battle field" can be anywhere the "groups" decide. but preferably, the same distance for each factions graveyard walks. more interesting landscapes work the best. things to line of sight, places to hide and get mana/first aid or w/e maybe some sniper towers. a few examples of places we've done this at, are hala, and the large floating isles in nagrand, the booty bay arena (your suggestion here)

rules. have fun, don't get butt hurt

im sure ill get alot of " why do this? theres bgs, arenas and rbgs if you want to pvp?"
well, to me at least, it feels like we've lost alot of the server socializing with the raid, and heroic finders. so its cool/fun to see ppl from our actual server, with out time limits or a cut off time, we can go as long as we want w/o worrying about flag carrying, base capping and all the other "non pvp , pvp stuff"

if you think this is a bad idea. that's cool. go check out another post. i don't care if you "only pve". or feel all the pvp needed is in the bgs and such.

if you think its worth a shot, help spread the word to your guild, (on both factions) and maybe toss some suggestions and what not for where, ill post when there is enough ppl interested to actually start setting days to do it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
+1?

I see rogues in the near future.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/25/2011 05:36 PMPosted by Mechagnome
!@# kicking incoming tell me where you want it!

open to suggestions on where to hold the first one at, and when. ive been flying around in random out of the way spots looking for a good one, but nothing that really stood out as " oh yeah...thats it" yet
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
That resort place was pretty cool.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Do it in Vashj'ir and add a third dimension of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
oh, never thought of vash. after there's enough suggestions for the place, we can have a vote or something to make sure its a place that the majority agree on. also. we needmot make sure the graveyards are about the same distance away for both factions. i think we share some in vash and a few other places.

also, need the ppl reading it to post as well, let more ppl know you are interested (stop psting me in game) the more ppl see more ppl who are up for it the more.. ppl... will..... uhh.... be up for it.... ok. let me try that again. the more ppl will be interested, if they see it will be a large group, and not a measly 10 vrs 10 or so
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i had a few places in mind...

1. i was thinking the western plaguelands in andorhal-reason-
becuase its sorta themed as a contested bg over scourge terriotory and its really spacey and i also think both factions have a grave yard there :P

2. i cant find the name for this one but its the destroyed castle thats next to where the greench spawns-reason- its sorta of a controlled area to fight with a type of who can control the buildings can control the battle

3. this one is a little creative i was thinking of a raid the castle and kill the leader in a certain amount of time. the place i was thinking of doing this is in the castle thats located in the middle of a lake right under undercity (most hordie should know this place)-reason- its more of a hold the line and make sure ur dks pull people back outside while ur hunts can shoot as much people they like and the only exception im thinking of using for flying mounts in this one
is only for to do parachute drops onto castle soo rouges and range killers can shine the most while people on the front line assult (this sounds very hard to do but it might be fun also trying to pull it off :P)

these things are only a few world pvp we can do on this server :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I was flying around today and I thought I found a fantastic spot. It is in the Southern Barrens right in between Desolation Hold and Fort Triumph called Battlescar. It looks like an old battle field.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Still to many ppl scared of red names, or not spreading the word i guess. had really positive feedback, but just not enough ppl coming forward yet. and if its worth doing, its worth doing right. At the very least would like to see 80 players, 40 horde, 40 allies. so bring it up in trade chat once in a while on both factions if it sounds fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Mechagnome. LOL
Edited by Layuth on 3/7/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/07/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Layuth
Posted by Mechagnome. LOL

huh?
Reply Quote
88 Troll Warlock
If you really want to challenge people. You could find a place in outlands and have the battle there. Reason 1. Its a good flat area. Reason 2. As an extra challenge people will have to worry about the monsters there. Reason 3. Why not?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nagrand is one of my personal fav places for pvp. between the arena, hala, and the large battlefields, a lot of options. . it seems everyone is interested, i get whispers pretty regularly asking when the next one is and where. but when it comes time for me to start invites, just not enough ppl are coming forward, and i don't want to do it if there are 40 horde, and 20 allies, or vice versa. or even 10 vrs 10, for it to really be fun, we really need 25 to 40 on each side. and i need an alliance counterpart who is able to group up the allies who are interested.

until we can get these under way, im going to start working on getting for the horde going more often.

on a side note... really tired of ppl hiding behind the " its a pve realm" exscuse. it might be a valid one on a server with real progression, but even then. it says NORMAL server, NOT pve.. if it were pve server, we would not have the option to flag. so stop acting like babies who are too scared to attack something that can think for itself. And if you are to afraid to defend the world leaders thats cool. take your purse and take a seat while the real horde take care of it, just don't advertise you are a sissy in trade anymore. it makes you look weak
and looks bad on your guild as well.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Its called Goldshire...you should check it out sometime
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've never found that fun, in fact, i would prefer only 85s . never really cared for killing low lvls or quest givers, i guess what i want is similar to the OLD AVs. before it became a race to kill the NPC, just a battle for fun
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
this is actually a pretty good idea, theres one spot in arathi highlands (i think thats the name?) thats a castle with some around level 30 (so no problem from npcs) ogres, syndicate and some alliance npcs that could be a cool spot to battle, ive seen it done on a different server and it was pretty fun
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
well, it looks like both sides are going to have to get FTH, and FTA going more often in order o get ppl back into the pvp mood, unless we wait till panda, since it will be a heavy pvp expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
the problem with this is you'd have to many !@#$ters joining so it'd be no contest
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
what did you say about my momma?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]