Darkmoon Faire Quest "Test Your Strength"

90 Human Death Knight
According to Bashiok here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=30#596 , The Test your Strength quest is supposed to be worked on while the Faire is not in town. So does this mean that we will be able to turn this quest in when it comes to town next, and accept the quest right away to start collecting again. Or are we going to turn it in and then have to wait until the next month to accept the quest again?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
That is a really good question. Inquiring minds would like to know!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I completed it while the faire was still in town. Im fairly certain you can turn it in and pick up the quest again while the faire is in town.
Edited by Alliannah on 12/23/2011 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/23/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Normie
I've been collecting ears and will turn them in next time it rolls around.

I've been as well on characters that haven't already done it.. but we actually don't know that we are able to pick up the quest again after turning it in the following faire (maximum times you can do/pick up the quest in the given faire week). As well, the link mentioned in the OP's post is about dungeon drops, rather than the "Test Your Strength" quest. To me, given the quest objectives of the "Test Your Strength" quest, it'd be better to have an auto-complete option (compared with other quests in-game similar), when done.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
can someone explain to me how i collected bloody human ears from skeletons and dragons?
Reply Quote
12/23/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Cassanna
According to Bashiok here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=30#596 , The Test your Strength quest is supposed to be worked on while the Faire is not in town. So does this mean that we will be able to turn this quest in when it comes to town next, and accept the quest right away to start collecting again. Or are we going to turn it in and then have to wait until the next month to accept the quest again?

How is anybody supposed to know this when not one cycle goes by? Using past and present precedent, you will be able to turn in the one and then NOT re-accept it on the spot. On this same char, I had that quest completed and turned in within one hour of the new DMF going live for the first time. Seems unreasonable to suggest that it's SUPPOSED TO BE worked on between faires. About as unreasonable as making such a thread about as far away as being relevant as possible. Read: if you don't have the quest and journal already, you can't go get it right now anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/23/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Dushkup

How is anybody supposed to know this when not one cycle goes by? Using past and present precedent, you will be able to turn in the one and then NOT re-accept it on the spot. On this same char, I had that quest completed and turned in within one hour of the new DMF going live for the first time. Seems unreasonable to suggest that it's SUPPOSED TO BE worked on between faires. About as unreasonable as making such a thread about as far away as being relevant as possible. Read: if you don't have the quest and journal already, you can't go get it right now anyways.
Use your time machine.

Duh.

Would you like me to hold your hand from now on?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@ Dushkup

Let me break down Bash's comment so you can see where I get the quest is supposed to be worked on during the time the Faire is not around......

12/06/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Bashiok
the quest drops that happen in the dungeons/raids/BG’s happen all the time, even if the faire isn’t in town.

Meaning the Grisly Trophy's drop when the fair is not in town.

12/06/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Bashiok
Think of it sort of like the Darkmoon Card redemptions. You’re out playing all month, while you’re doing stuff you’re getting chances at the items, then when the faire is in town you turn it all in.

Meaning the following month you turn the quest in.

It’s really just this first week and appearance of the faire that’s off because the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide wasn’t available for the 3 weeks prior

Meaning the first time with Darkmoon Faire patch seems like you're unable to get the DMF quests done because you didn't have The Adventurer's Guide.

Now for your comment.....

12/23/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Dushkup

Exactly why I am bringing attention to this now. Alot of players are going to be upset when they realize that they won't be able to get the quest next time the Faire comes around, because of this statement that Bashiok wrote. I wish I got 250 Grisly Trophy's in an hour, but my luck isn't that good. This thread may be unreasonable and irrelevant to you, but maybe not others who are wondering the same thing as me.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
Since I can collect the ears I probably can turn it the quest next time the faire is around. If I can pick up the quest again at the same faire I don't know. It should be possible since it is a yellow quest and I have not picked it up during that week.

Some of us have multiple toons and like to collect the ears while doing normal stuff. So it is not unreasonable to ask that we can do the turn-in and pick-up at the next time the faire is around.
Reply Quote
12 Undead Mage
Let me break down Bash's comment so you can see where I get the quest is supposed to be worked on during the time the Faire is not around......

12/06/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Bashiokthe quest drops that happen in the dungeons/raids/BG’s happen all the time, even if the faire isn’t in town.

Meaning the Grisly Trophy's drop when the fair is not in town.

12/06/2011 03:55 PMPosted by BashiokThink of it sort of like the Darkmoon Card redemptions. You’re out playing all month, while you’re doing stuff you’re getting chances at the items, then when the faire is in town you turn it all in.

Meaning the following month you turn the quest in.

Since Bashiok specifically mentions BGs/Raids/Dungeons, he's referring to the actual quest items that drop (ie Imbued Crystal, Soothsayer's Runes, Adventurer's Journal). The ears drop from any mob as long as it's green to you, so you don't have to be in a dungeon or raid to acquire. I don't think this particular quest is meant to be worked specifically while the faire is not around as people seem to be speculating in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Matuzak and Verinthine

Thank you for bringing my attention to that. I totally missed that when the comment was first written and also today. I've been doing that quest thru the dungeon finder and didn't even realize that was not the only place you can get them.

also @ Littledeer

I totally agree.
Edited by Cassanna on 12/23/2011 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Cassanna
This thread may be unreasonable and irrelevant to you, but maybe not others who are wondering the same thing as me.

The only part of the DFM that's going to be relevant between faires is the acquisition of the dungeon/raid drop items that give rep and more tickets. When DMF was in town, I made a new char on a new server and had 4k in two days by selling them things half price. And most of the time, I was the only one rolling on it. Meaning the other people didn't bother to pick up the journal even for the purpose of easy money. These are the only people that would need the education. Yet they don't, and I'll break it down for you using my usual, flawless logic.

First of all, if they gave a damn, they were all over the DMF from the moment details surrounding it were available via the test realm. Or later in the way of official patch notes/coverage. Secondly, the group I'm referring to is lost in time on account of as you've pointed out, the acquisition of such things marches on despite DMF not being in town. Making the 2nd new DMF and all the following ones have much much lower demand:supply.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/23/2011 04:11 PMPosted by Normie
I wish I got 250 Grisly Trophy's in an hour, but my luck isn't that good.

You don't need luck. You need two Alterac Valleys and some AoE in the mines.

That's where I went for the trophies on this shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
12/23/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Matuzak
I wish I got 250 Grisly Trophy's in an hour, but my luck isn't that good.

Actually, it has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with getting the killing blow on a mob that can reward experience.

To complete your 250 ears quickly, go to Icecrown. The mobs are all green to level 85s, and can be killed quickly (even by healers or grossly undergeared DPS). I finished my ears in well under an hour when the faire was in town by AoEing packs of Icecrown mobs.

Best place I found was Deepholm, at Verlok Stand, northeast corner of DH. There's a place where a bridge leads out to that jutting structure. Just before the bridge, there are guards, two groups of 3 or 4. They respawn just about as fast as you can kill them w/ AOE. A little longer, but not much. You don't even have to move, just keep killing with only a break of a few seconds betweeen killing sets.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
So, the next cycle is here. I completed the quest during the last faire. I picked it up again this faire. However, it doesn't seem to matter where I go and what i kill... no Grisly Trophy. I even dropped and reacquired the quest.
I have mostly been trying Ice Crown and Hyjal, so I know the level of the kills isn't the issue.
Glitch? Or what? Anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]