How To Multibox?

85 Human Priest
Explain. I have 2 different accounts, and I want to press be able to press 1 button and make them both cast for example "Fireball". How do I do this?
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
You'd want to ask in the UI/Macros forums, but basically, you need a way to send the keypress to multiple clients at the same time.

There are hardware and software solutions you can use; what works best for you will depend on how powerful the computer(s) you have available are.
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://www.wowpedia.org/Multiboxing
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
12/26/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Morol
Go look up multiboxing on Google, it's not officially supported in game, and you most likely get a bunch of hate here.

Supported or not, it's a perfectly allowed playstyle. I dual box, myself.

But like I said, what works for one person may not work for another. I have a computer powerful enough to run two copies of WoW simultaneously, so I use a software multicaster (KeyClone, to be specific) for my purposes. Somebody else may have better luck with two computers and a single wireless keyboard connected to both systems at once.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/26/2011 08:14 PMPosted by Pahanda
Go look up multiboxing on Google, it's not officially supported in game, and you most likely get a bunch of hate here.

Supported or not, it's a perfectly allowed playstyle. I dual box, myself.

But like I said, what works for one person may not work for another. I have a computer powerful enough to run two copies of WoW simultaneously, so I use a software multicaster (KeyClone, to be specific) for my purposes. Somebody else may have better luck with two computers and a single wireless keyboard connected to both systems at once.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson

Can you explain to me please? :) I play on one computer too and my computer can handle it without ANY lag. So explain to me what YOU do to make them cast the same spell at the same time <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Can you explain to me please? :) I play on one computer too and my computer can handle it without ANY lag. So explain to me what YOU do to make them cast the same spell at the same time <3

I use a software multicaster (KeyClone, to be specific) for my purposes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I got them moving together, but How do I get them doing spells together, turning quests in, etc etc?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Mellicit
How do I get them doing spells together, turning quests in, etc etc?

I use a software multicaster (KeyClone, to be specific) for my purposes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://www.dual-boxing.com/

http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/New_multiboxer%27s_guide
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
WaR
basically you need keyclone or any other software/hardware to allow you to send the keys to 2 clients.Also you need a really good machine or two depending on how you want to go about it, and a decent cable or dsl connection to keep from dying of lag.

After that get kfollow, jamba or any other mods to make it easier to hand in quests, keep the char following you.Also having dual monitors doesnt hurt if you can aquire them, it makes it much easier to watch the second account.Also bear in mind, as was mentioned earlier, you will get ALOT of hate from it.Me and a friend have almost identicle characters on our accounts, the only difference is he has a priest and I have a shaman, we even went so far as to name our rogues similiar, everytime we join groups people will vote to kick one of us claiming we are dual boxing rogues and in bg's allways someone running their mouth about dual boxers refering to us even when we come out with the highest scores in the bg.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
basically you need keyclone or any other software/hardware to allow you to send the keys to 2 clients.Also you need a really good machine or two depending on how you want to go about it, and a decent cable or dsl connection to keep from dying of lag.

After that get kfollow, jamba or any other mods to make it easier to hand in quests, keep the char following you.Also having dual monitors doesnt hurt if you can aquire them, it makes it much easier to watch the second account.Also bear in mind, as was mentioned earlier, you will get ALOT of hate from it.Me and a friend have almost identicle characters on our accounts, the only difference is he has a priest and I have a shaman, we even went so far as to name our rogues similiar, everytime we join groups people will vote to kick one of us claiming we are dual boxing rogues and in bg's allways someone running their mouth about dual boxers refering to us even when we come out with the highest scores in the bg.

You sir, win the internetz
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1st - i dont multi box myself and when i first found out what it was - in a BG where 1 person controlled 8 Shammeys and all 8 would attack u at once needless to say i was not very happy with the person or the abiity to multi box and screamed "Cheater", "How can Blizzz Allow this" etc a lot, but then realized 1) yes blizz allows it cause they make money off of it and 2) ok so someon multi boxes...i have been on WoW for almost a year and only ran across it once so not that big of adeal for me..let them play it that way. :))

that said - here is a good multi box site for u http://pwnboxer.com
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You forgot 3. It's very easy to screw up a multiboxer. Split his characters up so they no longer /follow each other.
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Rogue
when i used to multi box it was common to use macros starting with /assist (main character) followed by /cast fireball or a heal or simply a attack
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Any Idea How To Get Them Both To Turn In Quests At The Exact Same Time And What Not?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2011 02:19 PMPosted by Mellicit
Any Idea How To Get Them Both To Turn In Quests At The Exact Same Time And What Not?

I use the multiboxing software called ISBoxer and combine it with the addon Jamba. ISBoxer costs $10 for 3 months, which is a perfectly reasonable amount of money to spend for such a great program. It's, for the most part, ready to go outside of the box. Auto follow, simultaneous log in (assuming both accounts have the same password), quests can be turned in at the same time. With Jamba, set auto complete/accept for quests and keybind 'Interact with Target' in game and in ISBoxer, then BAM, auto complete on both toons.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
another question to those multiboxers...I'm wondering how do u gain control of all your toons after an AoE Fear? after a fear u wont be facing your target so the toon wont be able to cast spells. How do you make them to face target again since they are all probably facing a different direction?

Asking bcs thinking about multiboxing but this question is really on my mind.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have a macro on one of your actions bars on all of your characters that is /follow *whoever the "leader" is*
If you have keyclone, you can just press whatever button the macro is on and all your characters will be back to following your main toon.
Edited by Voltronjesse on 1/26/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]