SWTOR is already dying

85 Blood Elf Paladin
My clan started off with about 30 people. It's down to six that play at all. I know its the holidays and all but the game is pretty much dead.

It's fun at first....new stuff...voice acting.....but after about level 20 it just gets old. The game is laggy and just sucks.

I think I am done. I'm not thrilled with WoW anymore either.

Damn....what now.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Must just be your server. I'm in zones with a constant 100+ people.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
My clan started off with about 30 people. It's down to six that play at all. I know its the holidays and all but the game is pretty much dead.

It's fun at first....new stuff...voice acting.....but after about level 20 it just gets old. The game is laggy and just sucks.

I think I am done. I'm not thrilled with WoW anymore either.

Damn....what now.

LOL.

I love it when anecdotal evidence is trumpeted as somehow being objective.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
One day I counted this many siths 6 by this bush
THEN! AMG
the next day I saw 5...
THIS MUST MEAN A DECLINE!
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
One day I counted this many siths 6 by this bush
THEN! AMG
the next day I saw 5...
THIS MUST MEAN A DECLINE!

The bush is eating them.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/26/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Ferlion
Must just be your server. I'm in zones with a constant 100+ people.

My server isn't like that at all despite being "FULL". Many cities are ghost towns. It's probably due to the stupid sharding. I understand the reasoning behind it but it really breaks up the community too much I think.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Shaman
12/27/2011 01:50 AMPosted by Vynos
It is simply amazing how half-arsed and buggy they released an MMO.

I can't say whether or not it is in a decline (highly doubt it), but all the people I know that started playing, including those still playing wow at the same time are loving it (myself included).

Not many have been on the last few days, but would you expect anything less over the holidays?

No mmo is without its bugs on release, and despite how "half arsed" you may think it is and that is all it really is (you "thinking") which isn't saying much since I highly doubt you work in the industry.

It is the most polished mmo I have played on release, I haven't had many issues but then maybe I am lucky. (There has been some and I have tried all aspects of the game except for "endgame" thus far) the game has been out for 2 weeks, anyone expecting it to be "perfect" is only kidding themselves. I lived through vanilla and bc, I can definitely tell you the game is in a much better state than wow was at those time. Comparing seven years to 2 weeks is quite silly, and if people can't see that well in the end it will be their loss.

I can't speak for everyone, but i will speak on behalf of everyone i know playing the game and they are all having a blast.

The thread you linked is down due to maintenace but i will definitely check it in the morning, but honestly I am expecting it to be no different than the people that were crying they couldn't get in on the 13th because of the staggered invites.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
SWTOR is pretty damn good, it has it's flaws and some balance issues, but it's one of the better MMO launches I have taken part in or have heard by ear. The queues are dying down a bit which is good and newer servers are filling up.

The conversation system and story is great, though I can see later on it getting annoying with alts, but there are option to skip movies and you can skip through the dialogue and get to what you want, though doing things as different alignment (dark side vs light side), can change the dialogue or outcome, such as other side quests etc, I've have a few of those.

The forums are a bad place to get feedback from. Like any other MMO, there is a A LOT of crying out there over certain things. The game launched a week ago and people expect absolute perfection. The game is pretty damn good. I haven't had any game breaking bugs nor real annoying ones happen. People are fickle and picky.

There are some really dumb complaints on the website (such as complaining about the dark side/light side alignment, the UI [I'll agree it's bad, but to quit over it, give me a break. Every MMo's UI has been atrocious] and a lot of features people are clamoring for, are coming. I doubt very much, that EA/Bioware would release this game with content patches for the next few months not already done.

People are also crying over the difficulty of the game, it is different, classes play different. Classes actually have rotations that involve more than 2-3 buttons. People have to think on what to use in priority and such. Tanking is harder, threat isn't that easy to maintain. Tanks just don't mindlessly spam cleave, they actually have to LOS ranged groups to get them to gather or use abilities to get mobs to stack up.

The game is very healthy and has already sold a lot of copies and there are lot of people playing. I've seen many planets while questing have grown in population since I've been playing and the start areas are full of players.

Only gripes I have is, the Empire seems to be overplayed, I guess since WoW, a lot more people want to roll the "evil" side.

I haven't gotten to end game yet, I am close to 40 on my guardian and I am loving it. I did think though that pre-32, guardian is pretty underpowered, but afterwards, it's a lot of fun. Also, not getting my healing companion to well into my 30s was also pretty rough, but completely doable.

I've done a little bit of PvP, I'd say Inquisitor Sorcs are very powerful, but gonna say overpowered, by they are powerful. All the classes are pretty fun, I've played a guardian to 40, a sentinel to 20 and a shadow to 20. They are all very different classes. Sentinels have a pretty intense dps rotation, tanks require certain abilities for survival (an ability when talented puts up an absorb shield) and consulars, use some melee attacks, but rely on a lot of force abilities to power their melee attacks and to keep aggro.

This game is fun, still has some problems, but ignore all the doomsayers. They are all the same people they run from game to game, cry about a game sucking, then quitting and moving onto another game. I still play WoW and will raid, but could see myself switching over if WoW gets boring since now it's farming DS until whenever next patch or MOP comes out and if SWTOR's raiding content is good. Some of hardcore guilds have killed most of the content already and have said it's great fun and with more raid content on the way, looks most appealing.

TL;DR, the game is great, try it for yourself. Don't read the bull!@#$ and QQing on the forums. The vocal minority will always spam an MMO's bored with their crap. It has a massive amount of potential, and EA has already said they have plans to support this game for years. Knights of the Old Republic were very popular games and Star Wars a well known franchise, this game will be heavily supported by EA/Bioware.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

It is simply amazing how half-arsed and buggy they released an MMO.

Do you play WoW?
Reply Quote
88 Orc Shaman
SWTOR is pretty damn good, it has it's flaws and some balance issues, but it's one of the better MMO launches I have taken part in or have heard by ear. The queues are dying down a bit which is good and newer servers are filling up.

The conversation system and story is great, though I can see later on it getting annoying with alts, but there are option to skip movies and you can skip through the dialogue and get to what you want, though doing things as different alignment (dark side vs light side), can change the dialogue or outcome, such as other side quests etc, I've have a few of those.

The forums are a bad place to get feedback from. Like any other MMO, there is a A LOT of crying out there over certain things. The game launched a week ago and people expect absolute perfection. The game is pretty damn good. I haven't had any game breaking bugs nor real annoying ones happen. People are fickle and picky.

There are some really dumb complaints on the website (such as complaining about the dark side/light side alignment, the UI [I'll agree it's bad, but to quit over it, give me a break. Every MMo's UI has been atrocious] and a lot of features people are clamoring for, are coming. I doubt very much, that EA/Bioware would release this game with content patches for the next few months not already done.

People are also crying over the difficulty of the game, it is different, classes play different. Classes actually have rotations that involve more than 2-3 buttons. People have to think on what to use in priority and such. Tanking is harder, threat isn't that easy to maintain. Tanks just don't mindlessly spam cleave, they actually have to LOS ranged groups to get them to gather or use abilities to get mobs to stack up.

The game is very healthy and has already sold a lot of copies and there are lot of people playing. I've seen many planets while questing have grown in population since I've been playing and the start areas are full of players.

Only gripes I have is, the Empire seems to be overplayed, I guess since WoW, a lot more people want to roll the "evil" side.

I haven't gotten to end game yet, I am close to 40 on my guardian and I am loving it. I did think though that pre-32, guardian is pretty underpowered, but afterwards, it's a lot of fun. Also, not getting my healing companion to well into my 30s was also pretty rough, but completely doable.

I've done a little bit of PvP, I'd say Inquisitor Sorcs are very powerful, but gonna say overpowered, by they are powerful. All the classes are pretty fun, I've played a guardian to 40, a sentinel to 20 and a shadow to 20. They are all very different classes. Sentinels have a pretty intense dps rotation, tanks require certain abilities for survival (an ability when talented puts up an absorb shield) and consulars, use some melee attacks, but rely on a lot of force abilities to power their melee attacks and to keep aggro.

This game is fun, still has some problems, but ignore all the doomsayers. They are all the same people they run from game to game, cry about a game sucking, then quitting and moving onto another game. I still play WoW and will raid, but could see myself switching over if WoW gets boring since now it's farming DS until whenever next patch or MOP comes out and if SWTOR's raiding content is good. Some of hardcore guilds have killed most of the content already and have said it's great fun and with more raid content on the way, looks most appealing.

TL;DR, the game is great, try it for yourself. Don't read the bull!@#$ and QQing on the forums. The vocal minority will always spam an MMO's bored with their crap. It has a massive amount of potential, and EA has already said they have plans to support this game for years. Knights of the Old Republic were very popular games and Star Wars a well known franchise, this game will be heavily supported by EA/Bioware.

simply put great post
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
SWTOR has sold more copies on its launch and attained more subscriptions than any other mmo to date, including WoW. I think that indicates a success not a decline. Ignorance runs rampant in December
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
And Im saying more subscriptions on its launch. Please dont be that guy that cant read
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Not sure if it will grow before it start tapering off. I myself am only subbing for three months just to finish the storyline but after that...well if nothing nothing else is out there then it's back to wow.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
this game going to keep me entertained for months so many option plus there is no crossrelm crap like in wow so server reputaion matter so if your try to troll no dungeons for you
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I am not sure about the cross realm but in my opinion the only thing that is truly a hassel is trying to get a dungeon group togther. Since it is sharded badly you need to stay in your central city and do nothing and Hope someone comes along and run the dungeons you want. Other thent hat people keep on spamming lfg for hours on end. It's bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm sure the number of people playing WoW dropped the past few days too...WoW must be dying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]