[A] Modest is now selling Heroic Rag + Mount

90 Worgen Druid
I am pleased to announce that we are now officially selling Heroic Ragnaros runs for people looking to buy a Pureblood Firehawk mount of their own (and a new "Firelord" title).

Please get in direct contact with me in-game to talk about a potential purchase after reading this post in its entirety.

Our next available raid lock-out for sale is the week of April 17th - 23rd.

Pricing and availability are subject to change, and will be determined by the amount of interest we receive from the server at large. We have begun taking reservations for sales at the 150,000 gold mark, but this will likely go up based on the demand that I've received.

The specific day of the week that the run will occur is determined by our raid schedule for that week, and the availability of you the customer. That being said our preferred and likely time for these sales will be on Thursday or Friday evenings any time between 7pm - 11pm PST (server time). We can be flexible when it comes to scheduling, just be clear about specific times you can / cannot make when you talk to me.

Here is some additional information as to what you may expect for these runs:

• You will make payment the night of the raid (I may need to change this based on how far into the future you are making your reservation).
  • You will only be in for H Ragnaros. We will clear everything prior to you entering the raid.
  • You will NOT be required nor expected to take part in the encounter. We will let you die early in the fight and 9-man it.
  • This purchase does NOT include any potential drops from the boss. If you are interested in specific item(s) we can discuss you purchasing them in addition to your Mount purchase (items will likely go for 10-20k as it is not the focus of these runs).
  • Please contact me directly to discuss and confirm any potential purchases or ask any questions you may have. I will not be checking this thread for any reason other than to update our next available opening or add some answers to frequently asked questions that went overlooked.
    Edited by Run on 4/12/2012 6:55 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    [Reserved for safety's sake]
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Updated. Next opening is the week of Jan 24th - 30th.
    Reply Quote
    70 Blood Elf Rogue
    150k yeah ok. Good luck with that price idiot.

Don't fall for this people, with the gear obtained from valor and the new heroics...this is easily puggable. Heroic Rag is easy with a gear buffer :D
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    No need to be rude.

But as you can see, we are booked a month out and with the demand I have received it looks like that will continue; perhaps even requiring a higher price if it keeps up.

I understand this offer isn't for everyone, as many people don't care for mounts / achievements in the slightest. This offer is not aimed at them. It is aimed at those with the desire and funding to purchase it (inflation has gotten pretty silly in this expansion) but without the means to go about acquiring it in the more traditional method.

And yes, the content is rather easy (we are 9 manning it rather easily) especially given the availability of gear these days. But again this offer isn't aimed at those who find this content easy, it is aimed at those who find it difficult / impossible to complete on their own but still want to see it and acquire the rewards from it (which understandably comes at a price).
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Death Knight
    150k yeah ok. Good luck with that price idiot.

Don't fall for this people, with the gear obtained from valor and the new heroics...this is easily puggable. Heroic Rag is easy with a gear buffer :D

To date, 3 guilds on Kilrogg have downed 10H Rag.

Yes, it is feasible to 9-man it with the gear buffer, but it is still a technically challenging fight requiring an experienced core guild bringing along a 10th person. 10H Rag is not "easily puggable" as Sevyn is claiming.

If this were the case, Sevyn would have posted on this thread on a main toon with the 10H Rag kill.

There is a demand for titles + mounts but as Run pointed out, the sales runs are not necessarily for a broad audience. If people search the WoW forums as a whole, they will see the market rate for title + mount runs in the 150-250K range.
    Edited by Drelin on 12/30/2011 1:23 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    To put things into perspective we were selling Invincibles from H LK25 (with a 30% buff, which makes that arguably much easier than Rag is now) for 500,000 Gold in Exodus, as were many other top guilds at the time.

Yes you read that correctly... Five Hundred Thousand pre-Cataclysm-inflation gold. And we were selling two per week at that rate.

The demand for such sales has always been there, however it seems that many people have not been aware (as Sevyn illustrated so clearly) of such services being provided by higher end guilds. Thus the need for a little advertising to get the word out, so please tell anyone you think may be interested to come read this thread!
    Edited by Run on 1/1/2012 4:07 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    5 Worgen Rogue
    Wait a sec... Were you part of Exodus??? on ysondre or kzd? This is wierd...
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Yep, on Ysondre. I was with them for a year, year and a half maybe? ToC -> RS. I returned to Kilrogg just prior to Cata release.

What's weird? I'm confused ¬.¬
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Priest
    oh... k.. I was part of Exodus too but only till naxx in wotlk.. I was on KT... Exodus then xferred off KT to ysondre.A few of us transferred off KT after ulduar.

It was just weird to find a person from exodus(albeit from a diff timeline).. :)

Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Rizzen and Fortune also went from Conquest here on Kilrogg to Exodus (and back here to start Modest) as well.

PS - selfless bumping
    Edited by Run on 1/2/2012 5:46 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Priest
    am assuming Rizzen was a rogue while you were resto!!!!... :P... I was in guild as a lvl 1... hardly used to log on though... name was cheese anyways.. so I think I have seen you guys around..:P
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Bump.
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Death Knight
    Bump from a happy customer :) Thanks guys for letting me pretend to be a real big boy raider for a bit.

Let me know when the heroic deathwing mount is available!
    Edited by Takhesis on 1/5/2012 10:34 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Death Knight
    Hey Doc. I'm sure it won't hurt to atleast throw in my 2c on this, especially being a customer of the service.

I did progression raiding from SSC/TK all the way to sunwell (my guild was third to down Kiljaedan on nerf day, no kills prior), semi progression raiding from naxx til TOC, and very casual from there til T11 cata. I have only been through firelands one time, and cant even get around to doing LFR each week.

I however love collecting mounts and was doing so well before they were learned (warrior with dps, tank, pvp gear, and a bag dedicated to mounts) and really enjoyed earning the achievement mounts in wrath. My raiding declined and stopped because I just hated having a schedule to stick to or get dumped from the team/guild, and picked up gold making along the way because I wanted things I couldn't afford (mostly BoE gear to keep the pace back then).

Since then I have become rather wealthy and now I can indulge myself by paying willing people to help me get mounts I want. If the price is right theres nothing wrong with it. I have paid 2k for a ZA bear, 10k for the TOC hard mode no wipe stallion, 30k for the rusted proto, and now 150k for the heroic rag mount. I still have 600k gold in my coffers and more coming in every day.

I know what it takes to be a hardcore raider and I'm not willing/able to do that anymore, althought I love the rewards for it and if anyone is able to monetize their skills I say go for it.

btw I am willing to negotiate for the T11, T12, and cata 5man mount achievements if anyone is interested ;)
    Edited by Takhesis on 1/6/2012 11:00 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    Lux
    Hrags is def not puggable, can you over gear the damage requirement? maybe. You still cannot out gear the execution.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Thank you for the bump Takhesis, greatly appreciated and it is always good to see a happy customer.

Very well put by all of the above, and summed up very nicely Docworm. Admittedly, it is a rather strange yet incredibly mutually beneficial interaction that can only occur during small windows in the ever progressing timeline that is WoW raiding.

Services like this wouldn't exist if the demand for it wasn't already present among the player base, and have been taking place throughout the lifespan of this MMO, and previous ones. The precise reasons behind the demand for sales like these vary widely, whether it be for practical purposes such as specific gear / quest items / attunements or something more down the lines of 'status symbols' or peripherals such as mounts / titles / achievements.

But regardless of the reasoning behind the demand, the fact remains that there will always be a large population of players that are unable to put in the required (and consistent) hours it takes to best some of these encounters, and thus reap the rewards. Within that population of players there are bound to be a few that have the desire to acquire the gear / mounts / achievements in a timely fashion in order to stay current with the game (or to just have something pretty to fly around on) in addition to having the funding to simply buy them.

That's where we come in. We are in the fortunate position to be able to provide our teamwork and hours of practice that come with that to interested individuals looking to get something from previous yet still non-trivial encounters. The profits from these sales are divided equally among all members of our raid team that were present and able to contribute to that specific raid, which helps us pay for individual costs for progression at this level (read: many Queen's Garnets ¬.¬).

We appreciate any and all interest in these sales, as they are quite literally helping fund our success as a progression guild as we strive to compete on a World / US level, and hopefully represent Kilrogg well along the way.
    Edited by Run on 1/7/2012 5:01 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]