Mining Bots are everywhere again

(Locked)

86 Draenei Mage
Hello all,

I originally posted as a reply to another thread on my server forum, but its better suited here.

Has anyone else noticed an explosion of mining or herbing bots over the past few weeks? On my server Uldum is absolutely full of them.

I've never seen this many mining bots before, hopefully Blizz comes out with another ban wave soon. There's a good 10-15 horde bots mining the perimeter of uldum about 24 hours a day. I've been there mining and zero kill me, even when I swoop down at the same time and take their node, they just remount and go, every time... even w/ me being 9 levels lower. I flew right under one for a while and he had tons of rigid turns, basically flying from one node to the next. We'd pass 3 or 4 others going the other direction on the way to each node doing the exact same thing

And yea, I took screens of the one guy I was following and I'll put in a ticket... but that's just one, and the bigger issue is just how many of them there are right now

(inb4 mining uldum at 76)
Edited by Emasculator on 12/30/2011 6:40 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
then report them
86 Draenei Mage
I did... and I said that... I think you missed the point
New content patch with a new tier of gear means the demand for gold goes up. Them farmers need to generate more gold to keep up!

Also - its possible not all of them are bots, they may actually be players farming.

85 Tauren Paladin
Someone reported me as a bot when I farmed my mining/engineering up over the course of a couple of days :x If I genuinely think someone's a bot, I report it. There's a process that Blizzard follows to get rid of them.

Sometimes, the person you reported as a bot, isn't.
Sometimes, they are and get banned.
Sometimes, they are but the account is compromised and gets cleared.
Sometimes, they are and get watched by Blizzard to pinpoint how and hopefully prevent future botting software.

Report. That's all you can do and thank you for it :)

♥ Aune
78 Human Priest
I reported an obvious mining bot. The character had glitched near a mode and would constantly cast a series of 4 spells over and over again, they had been fighting and trying to escape (judging by the spells) a single mob for over 4 hours.

My report was received, and the person was still there 2 hours later, still stuck on the node and repeating the same spells with the same mob.
86 Draenei Mage
Yea, I can guarantee there are some players farming which is why it makes it difficult for any person to report them w/o spending a good amount of time watching specific individuals. However many of them feel obvious... on a PVP server where the Horde camps and ganks at every chance and kills our king on a bi-weekly basis, it seems odd that I can gain almost two full levels from mining in an area filled with 85 Horde... many of which land on me while I'm mining, and not a single time yet has anyone killed me. They simply try to mine on top of me, and if they can't they mount and go... I can follow them, I can emote at them, I can fly down at the same time and take the node---they just mount and go to the next one, every time.

I guess the bigger question is, how widespread is it? I've come across zero other Alliance mining this entire time (granted we're about 96% horde on the server). Our ore prices are still high and Horde has become flooded.

How is it on your server or faction?
85 Tauren Paladin
12/30/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Emasculator
They simply try to mine on top of me, and if they can't they mount and go... I can follow them, I can emote at them, I can fly down at the same time and take the node---they just mount and go to the next one, every time.

This happens to me :x Sometimes I can't see the person there mining it until I land and click. Especially in TH with weird phasing going on. I don't respond to emotes. Especially mean ones :( I got a bunch of mean emotes on my Druid fishing out in TH. I ignored them and kept on. Then I got a whisper from a level 1 saying "Reported for botting" and some other not nice things...

12/30/2011 11:30 AMPosted by Emasculator

I only mine for guild stuffs. I don't play the AH. I'd rather my guildies have mats available than make a few bucks ;p

♥ Aune
86 Draenei Mage
12/30/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Aune
They simply try to mine on top of me, and if they can't they mount and go... I can follow them, I can emote at them, I can fly down at the same time and take the node---they just mount and go to the next one, every time.

This happens to me :x Sometimes I can't see the person there mining it until I land and click. Especially in TH with weird phasing going on. I don't respond to emotes. Especially mean ones :( I got a bunch of mean emotes on my Druid fishing out in TH. I ignored them and kept on. Then I got a whisper from a level 1 saying "Reported for botting" and some other not nice things...

I only mine for guild stuffs. I don't play the AH. I'd rather my guildies have mats available than make a few bucks ;p

♥ Aune

Yea I wouldn't respond much to emotes either, and probably wouldn't kill a dancing toon thats 9 levels lower... but I know that most would click the one spell required to drop me if they knew I was there
86 Draenei Mage
On a sad side note, I've concluded that its actually faster to mine when there's so many others popping the nodes and forcing the respawn... especially if i fly low and pull nodes before the bots
90 Worgen Death Knight
They're back!?

/heads to AH
I just can't stand the idea that people are out there bot'ing instead of having to suffer the tedium of farming like I do. The tedium is made even worse when I fly around for a few minutes without finding a node cuz all the bot'ers and legitimate people are farming at the same time as me. All I want is enough ore to prospect 3 Carnelians from! That's all! Yet it takes a half hour just to mine a few stacks.

If people had to suffer then not as many would be farming and I could get what I need in a reasonable amt of time.

Btw, if any of you think a high supply from bot'ers is keeping prices low, then you're wrong. I know people who don't have jobs and farm a lot, and they're the ones playing the AH and driving up prices. They have a lot of gold and can afford to buy out all the reasonably priced ore then price it higher, or prospect the ore and cut gems that can be priced high. This is what the bot'ers do too.
86 Draenei Mage
I just got ganked. Didn't see it coming, I was dead before the guy was unmounted. This is how it should have been happening all day long
85 Human Warrior
I didn't realize they went anywhere. And i really don't think anything is done about them to be honest. It is a paying account, why ban them? I see the same bots over and over again for a year. You know the ones that are killed at spawn points by the local mobs are bots. On a bright note i haven't seen the terrain hackers since mining in Icecrown so that is a positive.

Really what you need to do is not farm uldman.

Go TH where the flight path isn't so straight. Seems like less bots there.
86 Draenei Mage
Uldum is the easiest to farm and the majority of the spawns don't have mobs near them, which is good for someone who has to blow all my CDs to kill one level 83 or 84 (if I'm lucky). I've farmed TH on an 85 and I find it way slower than Uldum and even Tol Barad on a ground mount. Even w/ the bots, this is way faster and much safer. What I'll likely do is farm ore and honor at the same time once I hit 85.
86 Blood Elf Priest
Who cares? Report and move on, don't make QQ threads.
86 Draenei Mage
There wasn't any QQ that I knew of, it was a discussion on how it was across other servers from what i thought

(double post deleted)
Edited by Emasculator on 12/30/2011 1:30 PM PST
85 Goblin Rogue
i got a whisper the other day asking me if i was a bot while i was herbing. I didn't respond right away and then the person says reported for bottng...I was like HUH?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]