Tank ~WTB RAID TEAM~ Ally Post Time Here!

Just wanted to start a string here on agamaggan to see which ally guilds are actively raiding or PUGing on the alliance side and at what times you guys are on or LFR? Please post any open slots.

Thanks
Edited by Holsum on 1/3/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
You so clearly put effort into knowing your class and spec, what with all those enchants and wise reforge choices. How can anyone resist inviting you into their raid for them to carry?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
The forums (at least on this realm) are not really the "Hot spot" for recruiting. Also, most guilds are looking for heavily geared tanks, if any. Your gear seems a bit lack-luster at the moment. Your going to probably want to gear up via the new heroics and the LFR feature. Also, your going to want to enchant your gear. If you can't afford some of the more expensive enchants try going to a lesser one.
I know nothing about pally's or pally tanks, but you might want to check out these links for spec/stat weights/rotation/ect.

http://www.tankadin.com/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020823291
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t126438-prot_4_3_send_me_my_way/

To get into a guild you might want to talk to members of it, group with them, try to find alt runs, see if they are recruiting in trade or some other way.
Reply Quote
12/31/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Kamikko
You so clearly put effort into knowing your class and spec, what with all those enchants and wise reforge choices. How can anyone resist inviting you into their raid for them to carry?

LOL^

Thanks. You're so thoughtful and considerate...

Edited by Holsum on 1/2/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
...Your gear seems a bit lack-luster at the moment. Your going to probably want to gear up via the new heroics and the LFR feature. Also, your going to want to enchant your gear...

Thanks for posting links...

I'm already running HoT a few hours a week. I know what my gearing/enchants/etc. should be. There is a progression to getting all this stuff. Don't worry I'll get there.

Guess I'll just have to PUG on the LFR feature :P
Edited by Holsum on 1/1/2012 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
So you know how to arrange your gear...but somehow manage to completely not do it?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
If your only effort is running the Twilight heroics a couple hours a week then the LFR is your raid team, people require a little more effort than what you are putting in for a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Take time into enchanting my gear and itemizing correctly?

I would much rather waste 9 other peoples time in this game then go threw that immensely tedious process of putting effort into this.

I'm not a nerd, I don't play 17 hours a day like you do, I have a life.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember that hpally from paragon that joined handlebarz and ranked bwd/bot fights using double solace he was amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/01/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Avoka
Remember that hpally from paragon that joined handlebarz and ranked bwd/bot fights using double solace he was amazing.

top 11 aus
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

best in aus

Edit olskjaer was better than anyone but more like olskgayer hehehe
Edited by Avoka on 1/2/2012 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/02/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Avoka

best in aus

Edit olskjaer was better than anyone but more like olskgayer hehehe

This is true
Reply Quote
01/01/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Kamikko
So you know how to arrange your gear...but somehow manage to completely not do it?

ROTFL^

Either I must've missed something on the tanking forum or you're joking. Instead of wasting your time TROLLing my topics and comments, tell me what's wrong with my enchants and gear? As far as I know, I've got most of it correct despite missing an enchant or so (in particular the weapon, boots and helm). I'm farming HoT and VPs for belt, shoulders, and boots and I'm not gonna enchant an item thats sub-par (I'd figure just reforge them till i get the drop or the points).

Stat priority as far as I got it is Mastery>Parry=Dodge>Stamina. My block is <50% and the only thing I think that could use improvement is some of the gemming? So if anyone's still reading this thread and would like to let me know. ~Thanks

If your only effort is running the Twilight heroics a couple hours a week then the LFR is your raid team.

01/01/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Zeny
The forums (at least on this realm) are not really the "Hot spot" for recruiting.

Still WTB somewhat of a core raid group. At least consider this guild an ALT raiding guild ~ LOL

Happy New Year Fellas :P
Edited by Holsum on 1/11/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
First off, reforging is your friend. Mastery is your top priority, but as for dodge and parry, as long as you keep their ratings within 150 of each other their okay. Looking at your stuff...yeah. No. The rating difference between your dodge and parry is over 1300 rating. Bad. You should be reforging out of parry into Mastery and only if not to mastery, then into dodge. With your gear, no reason you can't be CTC capped with some rearranging and effort.

Now if you could show some effort...people might take you under their wing. But you just want people to blindly accept you. But please, be sure to point out how taking effort in your toon is only for elitests.

Only warriors really have an advantage to high parry for their talent Hold the Line, but even they only want parry higher by maybe 100-200 rating. Diminishing returns are your enemy. You are losing so much useful parry having it so high.
Edited by Kamikko on 1/2/2012 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Kamikko
The rating difference between your dodge and parry is over 1300 rating. Bad.

Even if the difference between Parry and Dodge is closer with Fire of the Deep trinket? I pop it every chance I can.

Thanks~
Edited by Holsum on 1/3/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Yes, even with that. Only the trinkets that give a constant buff should you reforge to cover.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/02/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Holsum
First off, reforging is your friend. Mastery is your top priority, but as for dodge and parry, as long as you keep their ratings within 150 of each other their okay. Looking at your stuff...yeah. No. The rating difference between your dodge and parry is over 1300 rating. Bad. You should be reforging out of parry into Mastery and only if not to mastery, then into dodge. With your gear, no reason you can't be CTC capped with some rearranging and effort.

Thanks for the response. Great info for such a low level toon ~ LOL

Even if the difference between Parry and Dodge is closer with Fire of the Deep trinket? I pop it every chance I can.

Thanks again :P

Balance isn't closer with a 15 sec boost every 2 mins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/02/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Holsum
Still WTB somewhat of a core raid group. At least consider this guild an ALT raiding guild ~ LOL

If you're serious, maybe stop laughing at yourself and do something about it. I knew a guy that on this server that was in a dead guild, didn't know any raiders, but seriously wanted to start tanking raids. So every second he wanted to raid he would advertize himself in trade chat. You won't get picked up all the time, and probably not by core groups, but every once and awhile you might get lucky and get some practice. Advertize enough and your name will be out there. And who knows maybe you'll find another nice little guild that's trying to start raiding that needs a tank. I haven't ever noticed you anywhere online, only in the forums complaining that no one will help you or give you a shot...

Help yourself!
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Avenmashiara
If you're serious, maybe stop laughing at yourself and do something about it.

That's kinda why I started this thread. I have a serious commitment to my family and I was just curious what times this server is actively raiding and if any guild out there is lacking in any slots.

Nonetheless, (as stated above) I guess the solution to my problem is utilizing the LFR feature now and again.

I haven't ever noticed you anywhere online, only in the forums complaining that no one will help you or give you a shot...

Help yourself!

LOL ~ now that's truly funny ~ What's the point if you can't laugh at the situation now and again?
Edited by Holsum on 1/11/2012 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]