Gurth: Far more broken in pvp/pve than DWTR

55 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/01/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Kolzi
Most casters with legendary lose to melee with gurthalak by a significant margin.

if they do, they're bad.
casters whining because melee can finally compete alongside them and they don't get automatic invites to raids because they can stand at a distance and dps to their heart's content.

like they did in tier 11
like they did in tier 12

sorry buds, but it's time to stop whining.

your self-entitlement is quite nauseating.

either l2p or prepare to get benched for melee who know what they're doing.

also, any melee who had gurth doing 25% of their damage is plain bad.
90 Goblin Warlock
casters whining because melee can finally compete alongside them and they don't get automatic invites to raids because they can stand at a distance and dps to their heart's content.

like they did in tier 11
like they did in tier 12

sorry buds, but it's time to stop whining.

your self-entitlement is quite nauseating.

either l2p or prepare to get benched for melee who know what they're doing.

also, any melee who had gurth doing 25% of their damage is plain bad.

Melee whining because for once t11 had things affect melee as well as ranged at first and that got nerfed to hell.

Melee whined in t12 for no apparent reason.

Your self entitlement and falsely calling others out on self entitlement is amazing.

Once again for terrible people like yourself who want to claim raid invites for the last 2 tiers: YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF. If melee didn't make half of the stupid threads they did raid leaders would not have been as hesitant to bring melee. In t11 my guild's melee had no issues and we ran HEAVY melee. Get over yourself. There was never an issue.
90 Troll Warrior
the wow forums never cease to amaze me, player makes post about a weapon doin absurd damage on resil-

person couner by linking PvE numbers.

O.o

I love the part where you read the thread title which mentions both PvE and PvP.
85 Orc Warrior
the wow forums never cease to amaze me, player makes post about a weapon doin absurd damage on resil-

person couner by linking PvE numbers.

O.o

Like the Warrior above me stated, the thread title says pvp/pve. The OP also mentions "meleeclysm" in his thread title about Tier 12 being very melee biased which is absurd. I've seen him make several other posts on the issue before so I knew where he was going with this. Obviously he brought up the sword and his concern for it in PVE and PVP.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Would really like to see Gurth nerfed and the melee using it (Warriors mainly) buffed some to compensate. Gurthalak's proc, especially the 403 version, are comparable to the bonus from a damn legendary. It ends up causing them to be subpar without it and too much of an increase for a single piece with it.

A 5% damage increase from the proc wouldn't be so bad evven if 2-3% would be in line every other weapon. 10% is just broken for a non legendary..
Edited by Bullettime on 1/2/2012 12:34 AM PST
Get over yourself. There was never an issue.

oh look blizz disagrees with you. good thing you're not a dev, lololol.

but why am i surprised? someone who enjoys riding the casterclysm train must be miffed that his overpowered class isn't carrying him any more.
keep crying hon, melee are loving seeing the ranged tears.

01/02/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Bullettime
A 5% damage increase from the proc wouldn't be so bad evven if 2-3% would be in line every other weapon. 10% is just broken for a non legendary..

think about what you're asking for a second.

you want blizz to nerf the sword and then individually buff every melee spec and fix their clunky mechanics? like you know, we've been asking them to do for god-knows how long?

dude, if you can get them to actually do that, i'll happily take a gurth nerf.
be realistic: it won't happen. gurth is just fine for a bandaid fix till mists.
wait.
sorry.

purebalance, i just armoried you and saw that you literally have zero serious hm experience.

nevermind, i'm sorry. keep talking- i now know your statement carry no salt.
90 Orc Hunter
wait.
sorry.

purebalance, i just armoried you and saw that you literally have zero serious hm experience.

nevermind, i'm sorry. keep talking- i now know your statement carry no salt.

Protip: armoury bashing from a lvl 55 dk- doesnt work.
90 Worgen Warlock
A LFR weapon or certainly easily obtained by norm madness being more powerful than a legendary that took an entire guild months to put together isn't okay. That is a 100% separate issue from ranged vs melee balance.

Gurth clearly needs a nerf down to about 2% dmg done single target. Also probably needs a look as to whether or not the tentacles are a) impacted properly by resil and b) whether or not giving a 50% snare out on a easily obtained weapon is okay.

Class and spec imbalance is a totally separate issue.
85 Orc Warrior
Again though, at least from a PVP perspective, why aren't the actual two handed strength classes dominating in the higher arena brackets if this weapon is so OP? Hell Warriors are hardly anywhere to be found and they can utilize this weapon.

Also, when looking at top parses for DS, you have 2 of the classes that use it in the top 10 on 25 man hard mode in 90th percentile parses. In 25 man normal, 90th percentile there are all three in the top 10 but its the Fire Mages, two Rogue Specs, and Shadow Priests at the top.

The melee/ranged is actually as balanced as ever this tier. If you reduce the procs damage then you are going to have to buff a few classes to counteract that.

The weapon proc is only OP when you are extremely favored in RNG. The weapon has no secondary stats, no gem slots or bonuses. If they were to fix anything they might want to set a cap on how many tentacles can be spawned at a time at three or something.
90 Orc Hunter
Again though, at least from a PVP perspective, why aren't the actual two handed strength classes dominating in the higher arena brackets if this weapon is so OP? Hell Warriors are hardly anywhere to be found and they can utilize this weapon.

Also, when looking at top parses for DS, you have 2 of the classes that use it in the top 10 on 25 man hard mode in 90th percentile parses. In 25 man normal, 90th percentile there are all three in the top 10 but its the Fire Mages, two Rogue Specs, and Shadow Priests at the top.

The melee/ranged is actually as balanced as ever this tier. If you reduce the procs damage then you are going to have to buff a few classes to counteract that.

The weapon proc is only OP when you are extremely favored in RNG. The weapon has no secondary stats, no gem slots or bonuses. If they were to fix anything they might want to set a cap on how many tentacles can be spawned at a time at three or something.

Its only just starting to become available to more then a lucky few.
83 Human Warrior

Shh, don't bring logic into his world, he doesn't understand it.

As for those saying "B--but 10% of his damage done is the ideal scenario!"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ycdx27edr4lqmyng/analyze/dd/source/?s=1064&e=1221

Ret paladin does 41k dps. His tentacle alone is his second highest dps ability, doing ~17% of his damage done.
For those of you who now go "B-b-but that's just LUCK!"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-crka7ztldc6rndii/analyze/dd/source/?s=11864&e=12144

Same fight a couple of weeks ago, (looks like the paladin didn't show up for the one last week) the log is bugged and the only kill is from a LFR pull, but the longest attempt on H Morchok is 4:00 and the tentacle is the HIGHEST damage ability, doing again around 16%
Edited by Ciaro on 1/2/2012 12:21 PM PST
85 Undead Death Knight
The problem with Rogues is not solely with the daggers. I'd argue Gurth is OP in PvP, perhaps moreso than the daggers (though the tentacle can be killed very easily), but not as OP as a Rogue with Vial AND the daggers on top of just plain being a rogue.
90 Human Paladin

Shh, don't bring logic into his world, he doesn't understand it.

As for those saying "B--but 10% of his damage done is the ideal scenario!"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ycdx27edr4lqmyng/analyze/dd/source/?s=1064&e=1221

Ret paladin does 41k dps. His tentacle alone is his second highest dps ability, doing ~17% of his damage done.
For those of you who now go "B-b-but that's just LUCK!"

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-crka7ztldc6rndii/analyze/dd/source/?s=11864&e=12144

Same fight a couple of weeks ago, (looks like the paladin didn't show up for the one last week) the log is bugged and the only kill is from a LFR pull, but the longest attempt on H Morchok is 4:00 and the tentacle is the HIGHEST damage ability, doing again around 16%

It's already known that the tentacles also proc off Censure for Rets. It's a reported bug. It procs for Rets much more than any other plate dps.
85 Orc Warrior

I simply don't believe that, but whatever. Especially when there seems to be equal complaining about the LFR and normal Gurth. That's 10 possible DW kills where the weapon could have dropped with at least 5 of those being 25 man with more possibilities of it dropping. There are a lot of people with the weapon, I've seen it around. Are we in for a dramatic shift in top end PVP representation once everyone has the weapon?
90 Draenei Shaman
01/01/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Kolzi
I'm guessing a melee got lucky procs with Gurthalak on a fight and actually beat his caster with the legendary staff on on the dps charts.... "No one makes me bleed my own BLOOD!!!"

Most casters with legendary lose to melee with gurthalak by a significant margin.

A weapon from T13 is better than a weapon from T12? Unpossible!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]