Gurth: Far more broken in pvp/pve than DWTR

83 Human Warrior

So your argument is that there are more melee specs that are bad at dps than ranged, and you bring up hunters to support your argument?

If Blizzard did things how you suggested then those buffs would have never have happened. Because obviously you know more than them, have more data and can make more intelligent discussions. They aren't perfect but sure as hell have more to drawn on than a level 83 warrior. Please note that I do know you didn't say that but my goodness is the implying off the charts!

You're trying to push your idea of aerodynamics from a paper airplane and pass it as the reason it should be included in a rocket that is going out of space.

Blizzard balances pve based on whining most of the time. That's why healers were buffed post-4.0, why heroics were nerfed, etc, etc. Like my post PROVED, Melee were on top in Firelands before the legendary was common and pushed casters ahead (which is hardly something surprising or worth whining about). You can try to gloss over the fact that you were proven totally wrong and say "Waaa you don't know more about the game than blizzard" but yes, Blizzard makes plenty of dumb design decisions regularly, often based on forum whining.

90 Human Paladin

No, it doesn't. It procs off SoT hits.

Like I said, don't try to use logic on them, they're just convinced that "Everyone is OP but me!"

Why are you agreeing with him? It doesn't help your argument any. I was wrong about Censure, however if it procs off SoT that only bolsters my argument because on a boss fight the # of SoT ticks is greater than the # of Censure ticks. It just shows than Ret gets way more Gurth procs than any other plate dps. It's still a bug. If only you knew how to process logic.....
Edited by Sliphe on 1/2/2012 5:03 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/02/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Elidra
It's still a bug.

Seal hits are melee attacks, Gurthalak procs off melee attacks. It isn't a bug.

It is a bug because Ret has 2x the chance for it to proc off every attack unlike any other melee. No other melee has that interaction with Gurth.
83 Human Warrior

Blizzard balances pve based on whining most of the time. That's why healers were buffed post-4.0, why heroics were nerfed, etc, etc. Like my post PROVED, Melee were on top in Firelands before the legendary was common and pushed casters ahead (which is hardly something surprising or worth whining about). You can try to gloss over the fact that you were proven totally wrong and say "Waaa you don't know more about the game than blizzard" but yes, Blizzard makes plenty of dumb design decisions regularly, often based on forum whining.

So disc priests being viable post 4.0 was a mistake? So holy priests getting shafted for two tiers was right? I never said they were perfect but the survival buff Lock and Load was almost spot on.

Censure buff was good. Fire mage buffs were excellent, Destro locks buffs while not perfect was received very well. I could go on and on.

It is partly true but selling it as the whole truth is just wrong.

Your reasoning a few posts ago was "It was a change by blizzard! They know what thy're talking about and never make mistakes! You know nothing!"

Now you're saying "Blizzard makes mistakes but sometimes don't!" which is what I said. Can't have it both ways.

Also lol @ using LAL as a "good" buff when it's broken as !@#$ with Arcane shot atm
83 Human Warrior
01/02/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Sliphe

Seal hits are melee attacks, Gurthalak procs off melee attacks. It isn't a bug.

It is a bug because Ret has 2x the chance for it to proc off every attack unlike any other melee. No other melee has that interaction with Gurth.

This doesn't make sense. Is it also a bug that the damage is increased by unholy mastery? Or that fury has 2x the proc chance? Think before you post.
83 Human Warrior

Your reasoning a few posts ago was "It was a change by blizzard! They know what thy're talking about and never make mistakes! You know nothing!"

Now you're saying "Blizzard makes mistakes but sometimes don't!" which is what I said. Can't have it both ways.

Also lol @ using LAL as a "good" buff when it's broken as !@#$ with Arcane shot atm

It evened the rotation out no matter what you say with the increased proc rate. Yes Arcane shot is still there. I said it plenty of times they got some things right, some great, some piss poor and others meh.

In regarding to melee and your comparisons its not even an argument. Again the 100 top parses speak nothing. Its like when healers complained against Holy Paladins at the beginning of DS. It smooths better out in Heroic and the 4 piece was nerfed. Yet trying to sell a whole story with less than 100 holy paladins was a funny joke.

"We say its OP so it is."

Alright, you have -no- idea what you're talking about if you claim LaL is "spot on" (hint, it's the number one complaint of hunters atm besides maybe disengage bug) and that holy paladin 4 pc wasn't op.

Stop looking at things so biasedly. As I said previously,

"Everyone is OP but me"
90 Human Paladin

This doesn't make sense. Is it also a bug that the damage is increased by unholy mastery? Or that fury has 2x the proc chance? Think before you post.

For Unholy, I'd imagine it is. For Fury, it has half the proc chance in the OH.
83 Human Warrior

For Unholy, I'd imagine it is. For Fury, it has half the proc chance in the OH.

lol

Different procs and abilities have worked differently with trinket and weapon procs for the WHOLE GAME. Literally since Hand of Justice and Crusader enchant in vanilla.

It's not a bug.
90 Human Paladin
01/02/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Elidra

Inequality isn't a bug. We got a huge amount of use out of TAiaJ, too, and for the same reason. That wasn't a bug either.

Not sure why you're using something from the previous expansion to justify something in this expansion. Try using a more relevant example. I still stand by that it's a bug.
83 Human Warrior
01/02/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Sliphe

Inequality isn't a bug. We got a huge amount of use out of TAiaJ, too, and for the same reason. That wasn't a bug either.

Not sure why you're using something from the previous expansion to justify something in this expansion. Try using a more relevant example. I still stand by that it's a bug.

And this is why I don't try to reason with trolls.
90 Human Paladin

And this is why I don't try to reason with trolls.

I'm a troll because I disagree with you. That's logic right there.
90 Human Paladin
01/02/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Elidra

It's called precedent, and you'd do well to try understand it. Without an explicit statement that a precedent is being broken, it remains in effect.

But if you insist on needing a more recent example, I give you Shard of Woe and Arcane.
For Unholy, I'd imagine it is.

lol k

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089109057?page=1#1

"However, with the above change in mind we are also going to nerf the Shard of Woe trinket to halve the mana savings for Arcane spells only. It's still a fantastic trinket for Arcane mages even with the reduction."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]