Gurth: Far more broken in pvp/pve than DWTR

90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/11/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Innocentz
sometime during a whole fight we get no proc at all.

yeah I've gone a couple fights without even a single proc and it sucks.
I don't. I have no issue with the underlying design of the weapon. I do not think it need its scaling with Crit, or with Unholy's and Arms' Masteries nerfed or removed. They make the weapon interesting, and make gear choices with the weapon more interesting as well.

What I do think is that nerfing the heck out of the proc rate for one spec (Retribution) was unnecessary (scaling would have solved the issue of it being clearly superior in the hands of a Ret), and the way it was handled felt punitive. On top of that, the weapon now does little more damage than the green stats it would have had should have granted, making poor RNG feel like a punishment rather than "it happens".

Let's face it - the reason everyone wants one is not merely that it's a very good weapon, but that it's fun and cool. But now it's not as good, not as fun, and not as cool if you are ret. Frostmourne is fondly remembered by those who had for the cool swirly 'shadows of doom' as well as for the damage output it gave.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
after the nerf, i will be very lucky if i have 2-3 procs during a fight.
85 Human Paladin
Did some bosses tonight and first thing that came across my mind was...

Come out come out wherever you are! I know you're in that sword somewhere, you're just scared to come out!
100 Goblin Warlock
01/10/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Dragomaxor
Ok.... but still doesn't show why ret was nerfed and arms was not.

The problem with nerfing arms is the reason why arms is so high on fights like ultraxion they get rage when they take damage. Blizzard doesn't want to change arms without fear of it also effecting prot warriors who get rage the same way too.

No one is talking about the spec. Ret's spec got gutted as a casualty. Arms was not far off on procs from Ret. Why was ret nerfed and yet arms still has pretty damn close to the same number of procs as ret had pre nerf. Nerfing the procs for Arms would do NOTHING to pvp.
85 Human Paladin
It's been pretty abysmal for me too, averaging out to 2-3k DPS on each fight if I'm lucky. Had an entire Hmorchok without a proc.

Hey, who knows, maybe if we post a lot of unsupported anecdotal evidence, they'll listen and revert it. Devs don't seem to like facts, statistics, and parses when considering balance changes, but tears and hyperbole gets the job done.
90 Human Paladin
How am I not surprised?

Ferals rocking people in arena because of a trinket? Eh, we'll get to it sometime.

Rets getting a few more procs than other melee? OH HELL NO!!!
100 Human Paladin
The proc chance was overnerfed for ret, please relook this again.
100 Human Paladin
R.I.P. Gurth

How I barley knew ye!
90 Goblin Rogue
So am I reading this right, the VAST majority of a Ret Paladin's procs were coming directly from SoJ? I mean, before the nerf Ret Paladins were definitely ahead of everyone else in proc rate, now you guys are saying since it doesn't proc off of SoJ anymore it sometimes will not proc even once.
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/11/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Bleedletters
So am I reading this right, the VAST majority of a Ret Paladin's procs were coming directly from SoJ? I mean, before the nerf Ret Paladins were definitely ahead of everyone else in proc rate, now you guys are saying since it doesn't proc off of SoJ anymore it sometimes will not proc even once.

First off, it's SoT. If you use SoJ in pve, you should probably stop playing this game. Secondly, we were much closer to the median procs before the nerf than we are now. As it is for ret pallies, up until this very point, SoT had always procced things like this because it had to for us to be on par with other classes who proc things via melee attacks since we have so few otherwise, as shown by the abysmal proc rate of the sword for ret now (half or less of what it was before).
100 Blood Elf Warrior
You can have your extra procs back, just as soon as they add in more for warriors & deathknights to compensate.
Ugh. It was pretty bad overall in the LFR I just did but on Hagara I had one tentacle proc and it was during the lightning ele, so most of it was wasted. I'll take a stat weapon at this point by far, we just happen to be blessed with one choice from LFR.

It's actually quite annoying doing boss fights now due to how many tentacles I see casting at the bosses, none of which being mine.
Edited by Mathil on 1/11/2012 12:01 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
You can have your extra procs back, just as soon as they add in more for warriors & deathknights to compensate.

Yes, because arms needs to do HIGHER dps than it already does.
85 Human Paladin
Did some bosses tonight and first thing that came across my mind was...

Come out come out wherever you are! I know you're in that sword somewhere, you're just scared to come out!

That's what she said!!! aha!

/hide
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/11/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Fredzilla

49 pages of pally qq and going strong. Pretty sure the devs already explained why the sword was nerfed for pallys. They made it clear you were doing too much dps and you were nerfed.

Oh and as always /sneeze to fredzilla
85 Blood Elf Mage
01/11/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Mürtog

49 pages of pally qq and going strong. Pretty sure the devs already explained why the sword was nerfed for pallys. They made it clear you were doing too much dps and you were nerfed.

Oh and as always /sneeze to fredzilla
Arms is doing more, explain plox.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]