Currently unlearnable Leatherworking recipes

90 Human Hunter
HEY! Skip to this post for a list of previously-missing Leatherworking recipes that have been returned to the game!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3811455915?page=1#5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a comprehensive list of all Leatherworking recipes which currently cannot be obtained or learned if you did not already have them before Cataclysm (or Wrath, in some cases).

Hopefully, it will help both new and old LWs waste less time trying to figure out whether the recipe they're looking for is simply rare, or actually not available right now.

Removed because Blizz deleted Leatherworking Specializations and their trainers, but did not transfer these recipes to normal trainers:
Ebon Netherscale Breastplate
Ebon Netherscale Belt
Ebon Netherscale Bracers
Netherstrike Breastplate
Netherstrike Belt
Netherstrike Bracers
Primalstrike Vest
Primalstrike Belt
Primalstrike Bracers
Windhawk Hauberk
Windhawk Bracers
Windhawk Belt
Dragonscale Gauntlets
Wolfshead Helm

Removed in 3.02 when Blizz deleted Naxx 40, has NO Northrend iLevel 213 equivalent version, and is desireable for Transmog
-OR-
The quests/drops were removed with Naxx 40, but there is no visual equivalent and LW would be the perfect place to add them:

Icy Scale Coif
Icy Scale Spaulders
Icy Scale Bracers
Icy Scale Gauntlets
Icy Scale Leggings
Polar Helmet
Polar Shoulder Pads
Polar Bracers
Polar Gloves
Polar Leggings

Removed when Blizz revamped Zul'Gurub and deleted the Zandalar Tribe faction:
Primal Batskin Jerkin
Primal Batskin Gloves
Primal Batskin Bracers
Blood Tiger Breastplate
Blood Tiger Shoulders

Removed because Dire Maul was revamped and Knot's cache was deleted:
Pattern: Hide of the Wild
Pattern: Shifting Cloak
Pattern: Chromatic Cloak
Pattern: Girdle of Insight
Pattern: Mongoose Boots
Pattern: Swift Flight Bracers
Gordok Ogre Suit (hey, come on... it was fun)

Removed/un-learnable because Wailing Caverns and Barrens were revamped, and the quests were deleted:
Pattern: Deviate Scale Belt
Deviate Scale Cloak
Deviate Scale Gloves

Removed because Blizz deleted the Cliff Breaker giants from Azshara which dropped it:
Pattern: Blue Dragonscale Shoulders

Removed because Blizz deleted the level 50ish Murlocs from Azshara which dropped it:
Pattern: Stormshroud Armor

Removed because Blizz deleted the Vanilla Elemental Invasion events (mmm, Vanilla Elemental... now to find a Chocolate one...):
Pattern: Stormshroud Gloves

Removed because Blizz deleted the Pratt McGrubben/Jangdor Swiftstrider questlines in Feralas that rewarded the patterns:
Pattern: Wild Leather Shoulders
Pattern: Wild Leather Vest
Pattern: Wild Leather Helmet
Pattern: Wild Leather Boots
Pattern: Wild Leather Leggings
Pattern: Wild Leather Cloak

Removed because Blizz are heartless monsters who fed Azshara's Blimo Gadgetspring to a cliff giant, stopping us from buying his patterns:
Pattern: Blue Dragonscale Breastplate
Pattern: Chimeric Gloves

Removed because Blizz revamped Blasted Lands and Burning Steppes, and the mobs that used to drop them are no longer coughing up recipes when beaten violently:
Pattern: Heavy Scorpid Gauntlets
Pattern: Heavy Scorpid Leggings
Pattern: Heavy Scorpid Shoulders
Pattern: Heavy Scorpid Vest

Removed because Blizz deleted the Decaying Horrors from Western Plaguelands which dropped it:
Pattern: Living Breastplate

Seemingly removed (cannot get post-4.03a drop confirmation) because Blizz revamped Vilebranch Hideskinners into level 33 mobs:
Pattern: Ironfeather Breastplate

Seemingly removed (cannot get post-4.03a drop confirmation) because Blizz revamped Winterspring and did... something... to the loot tables of Winterfall Totemics, Ursas, and Den Watchers:
Pattern: Frostsaber Gloves
Pattern: Frostsaber Leggings
Pattern: Frostsaber Tunic

... I think that's it. For now. Will update as I get info.
Edited by Bonfleur on 2/22/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Updated with more recipes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Bump, because I'm still maintaining this / checking for additions each patch.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thank you for posting this! Incredibly helpful. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Note that these are all BoP. So a) don't try to farm for your alt and b) don't get any AH ideas. ;p

Green Dragonscale Mail — returned in 4.3.0!
Pattern: Green Dragonscale Breastplate
Pattern: Green Dragonscale Leggings
These are now dropped by all Green Dragonflight mobs in Sunken Temple. This includes all the drake bosses, Shade of Eranikus, and all the green dragonkin "Nightmare" trash mobs. You should have no trouble obtaining both after a clear or two.

Tough Scorpid Mail — returned in 4.3.0!
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Boots
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Bracers
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Breastplate
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Gloves
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Leggings
Pattern: Tough Scorpid Shoulders
These are now dropped by any mob in Tanaris — zone drop. Simply kill stuff in Tanaris until you have them all.
Edited by Cole on 2/23/2012 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thanx for reminding me about this.

Updated.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Note that these are all BoP, and will only drop if the character looting has Leatherworking trained. So a) don't try to farm for your alt and b) don't get any AH ideas. ;p

Green Dragonscale Mail — returned in 4.3.0!
Pattern: Green Dragonscale Breastplate
Pattern: Green Dragonscale

For some reason, they show up even if there are no Leatherworkers in the party. My Warlock was doing Shrunken Pimple, and 3 or 4 of them showed up, and everybody could roll on them. Including the one douche who waited until everybody else rolled Greed then rolled Need. Enjoy your 2 gold, douchenozzle.
Edited by Shalura on 2/22/2012 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Weird, I'm pretty sure the Tanaris recipes are LW only. Thanks for the info, updated.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
This seems a good comprehensive list. Luckily I was around before all those patterns were removed, and I can still make all of them but the three "Primalstrike" and three "Windhawk" patterns. (I did know them, but they were removed from my learned list, and Blizzard told me I couldn't get them back.)

I also have a pattern to make a "Kodo Hide Bag," which as I recall, was a low level horde quest reward.

At the time of this post (3 March 2012, Cataclysm) I currently know 606 of 609 LW patterns. I'm still farming the remaining 3 from Sunwell.

I do not believe there was ever a pattern (on a non test realm) for these two (even though they are still listed on various websites):

Onyxia Scale Breastplate
Nightscape Cloak

Crysto!

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/03/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Crystotheny
I also have a pattern to make a "Kodo Hide Bag," which as I recall, was a low level horde quest reward.

It seems to be still available. It's just useless. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/03/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Crystotheny
I can still make all of them but the three "Primalstrike" and three "Windhawk" patterns. (I did know them, but they were removed from my learned list, and Blizzard told me I couldn't get them back.)
That's pretty obnoxious, actually taking patterns out of your crafting list by force. I really don't get the point of doing these mass deletions.

Perhaps surprisingly, given the killing spree they went on in Cata, that pattern and quest are actually still obtainable right now. :p

Onyxia Scale Breastplate
Nightscape Cloak
I'm focusing primarily on things which once could be learned/crafted, and have been inexplicably taken away, so I'll skip adding these to the list. But cool stuff, nonetheless. :>
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I keep hoping the Heavy Scorpid patterns come back in like the Tough Scorpids did, but so far not looking good.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
Thanks very much for starting this thread! I'm hoping that maybe you guys can help me out. I've been trying to collect all the LW patterns. I wasn't able to get the Naxx40 patterns before the raid was changed in Wrath, nor do I have the Windhawk/Primalstrike items(since I had specialized in Dragonscale LW). So, here's what I'm presently on the hunt for:

3 patterns from Sunwell
Pattern: Sun-Drenched Scale Gloves
Pattern: Gloves of Immortal Dusk
Pattern: Carapace of Sun and Shadow

I have been farming Sunwell for quite some time now(30+ weeks) and have yet to see any of these patterns drop. I've seen conflicting information about whether or not these patterns still exist. Can anyone confirm? I don't know of any reason why they wouldn't still be available since Sunwell wasn't affected by Wrath or Cataclysm.

As for Pattern: Onyxia Scale Breastplate and Pattern: Nightscape Cloak, it's driving me nuts that they show up as "Not Yet Learned" when they don't even appear to exist in the game. Oddly enough, my Armory page also lists "Savage Leather" as Not Yet Learned. I've visited the LW trainers and they have nothing to offer me. Did I miss something here?

I've got 600 LW patterns at the moment. I'm jealous that Crysto has the Naxx40 patterns(which accounts for six patterns that I don't have). Not sure what the other two patterns I'm lacking that Crysto has acquired.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't know whats going on but I just got the Frostsaber Legging recipe on the AH...SWEEEET. Not sure if the person was holding onto it or if it dropped and pre cata and he's only now selling it. Just thought I'd share
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Like Faeriimerlyn there, I have been trying to collect the last few leatherworking patterns to complete my recipe collection and Sunwell just isn't dropping the patterns.

The below 5 are all supposed to drop off trash in Sunwell:
    * Carapace of the Sun and Shadow
    * Embrace of the Phoenix
    * Fletcher's Gloves of the Phoenix
    * Gloves of Immortal Dusk
    * Sun-Drenched Scale Gloves

Can someone confirm that these 5 are still in game and obtainable?

As for the Heavy Scorpid Gauntlets - yah - I just wish that the recipe add-on I have would get updated to exclude this pattern as un-obtainable.
Edited by Bloodknivez on 6/7/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Bloodknivez, Faeriimerlyn,

I haven't given up on those Sunwell patterns, and I have indeed looted two of the last remaining three I didn't have at the time of my post above! So yes, as of the date of this post (10 June 2012, Cataclysm) they are still dropping. But they are really rare.

I now have all LW patterns (608 of 609) except Fletcher's Gloves of the Phoenix. (Excluding of course those 8 unattainable and non-existing ones.)

By the way, almost every leather worker can make the Savage Leather, even though the Armory page indicates we can't. It's a bug for which I have written bug reports to Blizzard. I also submitted a bug report for the Archaeology page, but I would not expect these pages to be fixed any time soon.

Crysto!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey Crysto,

Thank you so much for confirming those patterns from Sunwell - it's greatly appreciated. Just means, I have a long grind ahead of me running Sunwell every week.

With regards to tickets and reports - I am not holding my breath on any sort of decent responses from Blizz Support. They seem to have neglected the players that are still currently playing WoW and have not jumped ship for other games.

I myself have put in tickets asking for information and received the most unacceptable responses - almost like the Support Team just doesn't care anymore.

For example: I have tried to get an answer from Blizz regarding the Heavy Scorpid Gauntlets pattern - but they are just being non-helpful. I put in a simple ticket asking if the pattern was still in game and obtainable - nothing else. Their response was "we do not give game hints" and go to the fan websites for your answers. I was totally awe-struck by the lack of customer service. It's just shameful that "support" is not being supportive. LOL

Anyways - I'm still going to plug away at getting my Sunwell patterns and doing my achievements.

BK
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Howdy everyone,

Just an update to my above post from June ...

I hadn't checked my recipe add-on (ARL 2.3.1) in quite some time ... so yesterday I finally scanned my leatherworking and did a check on the "retired" patterns ... and not surprising I found that:

Heavy Scorpid Gauntlets - has been finally listed as being removed from the game --- HOWEVER, it is still obtainable it someone has the actual recipe item ...

Sooooo ... for all those that still are holding onto this recipe - have fun ...

For me, this all just means, I only have the 5 more leatherworking patterns to get and all 5 are trash drops from Sunwell ... which I might add, is quite the "cheap skate" raid on it's pattern drops.

Anyways, have fun everyone and keep collecting ...
BK
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Warrior
These are now dropped by any mob in Tanaris — zone drop. Simply kill stuff in Tanaris until you have them all.

Got 4 of these in about 40 minutes . My 'Quest Completionist" scan also shows:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff1eff00\124Hitem:8402:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h

as being available.
Reply Quote
79 Gnome Warrior

Got 4 of these in about 40 minutes . My 'Quest Completionist" scan also shows:

Pattern: Tough Scorpid Helm

as being available. True?
Edited by Geodur on 7/28/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]