Better FPS?

77 Draenei Paladin
I recently got a new graphics card, the Nvidia GeForce 210. It runs WoW on mostly ultra at 15 -20 fps, occasionally going lower or higher in some areas. I run on 2GBs of RAM. I was supposed to get 4GBs but was given the wrong amount at bestbuy.

I have 2 questions.
1. When i put in 4 GBs of RAM what do you think the frame rate might become, also does that mean that ifits high enough i could have it on all ultra.

2. Out of recomendation how good is the Nvidia GeForce 460, compared to this one?

Here are my other specs
Intel Dual Core
450w power
Windows XP service pack 3

Thanks
Reply Quote
Okay, first of all, you're going to need to be more specific than "intel dual core". What processor? What speed?

Did you buy the 210 at best buy? How much did you pay? That card pretty much sucks. I'm sorry, but it sucks. It's not a gaming card at all and isn't much better than integrated graphics.

I can't tell you if 4GB will do you any good until I know more detailed information on your system. Let me know the processor details I mentioned above, and then I can give you and idea. It likely won't do much, if anything, when your running a 210. I see you bought this Ram at best buy, you probably got ripped off...

The 460 would be eons better, but you may need a better power supply. I need to know the model of your power supply, and the amps on the 12v rails. Open the case and look at the power supply. There should be a label that has these things.

Here is a 210 from Best Buy for $70:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Galaxy+-+210+Series+NVIDIA+GeForce+210+1GB+DDR2+PCI+Express+Graphics+Card/9957982.p?id=1218201193595&skuId=9957982&st=geforce%20210&cp=1&lp=2

Here is the same exact thing from newegg.com for $40:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162061

Best Buy is a rip off when it comes to computer hardware. Don't ever buy any computer hardware there. Newegg.com is always a better option.
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Paladin
Goodnes, i asked for advice on parts, not a computer build out of preferences.

I dont know how the 210 is a weak card, im on almost all ultra except for shadow and water which are on high and it runs at almost constantly 20 fps. But for some reason if its not 30 to 60 fps everyone thinks thats not good.

Im not building a new computer i dont need to. Just how much better is 4GBs compared to 2GBs as far as WoW is concerned.

Pleasedomt think of how much better it runs other games, i only play WoW forthe most part
Reply Quote
What resolution do you play on, it must be extremely low if that's how good a 210 runs the game.

And you need to give me the information i asked for earlier, so I can answer your question.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
those specs are awful for WoW

How do you buy things do you just run into best buy and randomly pick up things ?

lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
20 FPS is not considered good for most gamers. x_o

More RAM will not help with WoW if you are on 32-bit OS.
If you are using 64-bit OS, it'll help slightly more, but not worth the money.
Reply Quote

How do you buy things do you just run into best buy and randomly pick up things ?

lol

That's honestly what I think sometimes. The salesman there probably do a good job of making the 210 sound like a legit gaming card...
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Gatchaman
Return the entire system if you can. Never buy a computer at Worst Buy, waste of money and their support sucks worse than a Warlock in the lower level BG brackets.

I'm pretty sure that he didn't buy a whole new system. In his OP he just states that he purchased a 210 from "best" Buy. He should, however, return that atrocious card if possible.
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Paladin
just for people who might still see this, understand that all that you said is crap now.

put it in after i fixed my computer, all ultra, 30 fps, with older parts. that sounds about right

good day
Edited by Felnor on 1/7/2012 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
all ultra @ 30 fps is possible if your monitor resolution is low
try @ 1920x1080, you'll be lucky to have 10 fps
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

lol

That's honestly what I think sometimes. The salesman there probably do a good job of making the 210 sound like a legit gaming card...

I try to avoid this when I am not with my managers.

A guy came in looking to buy our Geforce 240, I think, and I basically told him it was crap and to go on newegg and for the same price we were selling it for to get a 6770. (At staples we also sell the 6770, but its a crappy model from a poor brand.)

And oh god. Our power supplies. "Retail Plus High End PSU 450W" They are called. jesus.

ALWAYS BUY PARTS ONLINE.
Edited by Dobsonian on 1/8/2012 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL, He got so pissed because everyone told him his card sucks, which it does.
He asked for assistance and we gave it to him...
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Mage

A guy came in looking to buy our Geforce 240, I think, and I basically told him it was crap and to go on newegg and for the same price we were selling it for to get a 6770. (At staples we also sell the 6770, but its a crappy model from a poor brand.)

And oh god. Our power supplies. "Retail Plus High End PSU 450W" They are called. jesus.

ALWAYS BUY PARTS ONLINE.

I'm one of the worst buyers that a seller can upsell to. Because when I walk in I alway know exactly want I want right down to the sku number used by that company. I never go to big box electronic stores to buy computer parts. As they always over mark them by a huge amount.

But I am lucky that I have 7 NCIX stores that are local to me. So while it may be a few dollars more than Newegg. I don't have the cost of shipping and I get the part right away. Waiting around for a part is not fun.

Anyhow the guy was told his/her card sucked and it does.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

ALWAYS BUY PARTS ONLINE.

I'm one of the worst buyers that a seller can upsell to. Because when I walk in I alway know exactly want I want right down to the sku number used by that company. I never go to big box electronic stores to buy computer parts. As they always over mark them by a huge amount.

But I am lucky that I have 7 NCIX stores that are local to me. So while it may be a few dollars more than Newegg. I don't have the cost of shipping and I get the part right away. Waiting around for a part is not fun.

Anyhow the guy was told his/her card sucked and it does.

Local NCIX stores?? So jealous!! The best in my town is a place called campbells, and they aren't just a few dollars more expensive than newegg. To give you an idea - an amd phenom II 965 costs around 230 bucks, an asus sabertooth p67 300 bucks, 8gb of corsair vengeance ram is 115... It's ridiculous!!
Edited by Dobsonian on 1/8/2012 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]