Quitting wow?

85 Human Priest
Ever since Blizz announced the new expansion, Ive seriously been thinking of quitting this game that i have played and enjoyed for over 3 yrs now... Lacroix knows how much i hated the idea of KungFu Pandas running around...

Now that alot of my friends are moving on to other games. i wanted to create a thread for anyone thinking of quitting aswell.. 4 quick questions...
/discuss

What keeps you playing?
To me its the people ive met and the people that i know irl who keep me here lol.

What would you be doing if you did not play?
I would probably work out.. i did a /played the other day and was thinking that if i had /workedout instead, i woud be in so much shape..

What other game would you play?
Probably SWTOR... seems like a fun game... do i want to addict myself to something else?

What expansion did you enjoy most in WoW? I started playing in BC and to me that was the best time... Nowadays the world is pretty much empty... you dont have to leave SW to do anything... kinda sux.

=)

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Alot of people share the same feelings. This thread should fill up fast.

I'd love to comment but since I'm a guild leader, I cannot comment...

BUT:
I do play a lot of:
League of Legends
Skyrim (hit and miss)
Portal 2

awaiting....
Guild Wars 2
FF XIII-2
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
What keeps me playing?
Initially, it was just he friends I made on here after my close friends stopped playing. Now I am committed to raiding and I would feel bad if I bailed on the guild now.

I'd love to say that I would put more energy towards school and work, but I lazy and would probably just waste time on internet chatrooms, facebook, other mmos, movies (netflix/pirated).

I might play swtor. I can't really say because I haven't put much time into it yet to know if I will play for the long haul.

What expansion did you enjoy most in WoW?
I played on my friend's accounts during vanilla and bc. I bought my own account in wrath. Wrath was my favorite. I started to pvp in wrath so that holds alot of good memories. I didnt' really experience end game content (pve) until cata. Now I thoroughly enjoy pve and pvp.

On a side note, I will most likely be leaving this server after we clear (if ever) Dragon Soul on heroic mode. If that doesn't happen, then I will just leave in just before 5.0 if I am still playing. As much as I love this server and the people here, I want to experience a high pop server.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
shiiiiiiiiiiii guuuuurl, i'm just here cause I have a 1-week free pass LOL.

Game hasn't been fun since ICC, admit it.

Trade chat is always fun though. biyahhh biyahhhhhh.

Night.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
3 years?
I've played it for 7.

On this server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good thread Tek. I came close to quitting after playing Cat. It's hard to say if I will play when the new expansion comes out but atm, I am not planning on it. If my family wants to play the expansion then of course I will.

Which is part of the answer to your first question. WoW is social. if it weren't for the network of family and friends that play, I'd be gone. (But that would hold true for any MMO wouldn't it?) I've had a great time playing with people I'd only otherwise get to see once a year or so. It's awesome to see spouses playing this game together as well as seeing them play with their children. Love it.

I'd still be gaming if it wasn't WoW. Love the hobby, but not sure which game it'd be. My sister has been playing Rift for awhile since she left WoW but eh, that one doesn't interest me much.

I've play WoW since BC. I'd say Wrath was the last good expansion... marginally. I miss the uniqueness of the classes that we once had. I remain eternally confused why, after all these years, that blizz cannot figure out how to balance classes better than they do but having said that I am thankful for a game that has provided my friends and family with a lot of laughter, time spent together, and screencaps.

The best of the New Year to Blizz and all you guys out there!
Edited by Lacroix on 1/4/2012 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

What keeps you playing?
LFR on a few alts, BGs here and there / TB...maybe. I have been trying to find DS10 pugs for my alts but to no avail =(

I have been mostly playing swtor / work =\

SWTOR / GW2 / D3 / DoTA2 when they come out, respectively

BC was awesome. Wrath was alright too.

p.s you are impossible to kill.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

What keeps you playing?
It is the people I have met in game, some of which I have played with since vanilla.

Find another game that my wife and I both enjoy.

SWTOR or some old school console games

My favorite expansion was BC. I loved the dungeons and raids, the new heroic option was awesome. Kara was always good times even when the gear wasn't an upgrade. The best about it was by far due to the Isle, I played on a PVP server and the battles over quest mobs was incredible. You could spend hours there fighting against the other faction.. good times.

The best raid by far was Ulduar.

Edited by Symantha on 1/4/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
What keeps you playing?
Hmm, mostly its wanting to see all the content. Partially out of boredom. I used to have a lot of friends that played but most of them have quit now.

This might have been more of an appropriate question when I actually did play a little more. I mean, if I didn't spend ANY time on this game, I'd probably just replace that time with another game. That's what its coming to anyway, haha.

I'm really waiting for Diablo and the SC2 Xpac. I don't think I'll go to other MMO's after I quit. The MMO community is too whiny in general for me. Maybe I'll try Blizzard's new one if they don't make it a faceroll and my friends start playing.

I started in Wrath around ToC, so I'd have to say the later half of Wrath was probably my favorite(I know, I'm a Wrath baby). Since Cata came out I've felt like their initial philosophy has been scrapped and that the current dungeons and whatnot are even easier than Wrath's. It might be the fact that I have a little more experience though.

I don't really want to quit, I feel like if you do you should probably go ahead and do it. I'm not really attached to this game--at all.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I miss the uniqueness of the classes that we once had. I remain eternally confused why, after all these years, that blizz cannot figure out how to balance classes better than they do

I sort of agree with this statement and I sort of don't. I feel like, from what little time as a whole I've experienced playing and from what other people have reminisced about, that the classes are continuously losing their uniqueness.

On the other hand, balancing is extremely subjective in my opinion. Especially when you try to balance it according to PvP. I feel like when we start to balance classes in a PvP mindset, the classes start to lose that initial uniqueness that they have. You know, the whole "remove that ability because its overpowered" and the "add this ability to make this class on par with the others", it starts to destroy the integrity of the class. This is a gross over generalization of course, but you get the point.

Not QQ'ing here, just adding to the discussion of why I believe people lose interest. Another big kicker for me is the horribly slow release of content.

But meh.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

I started in Wrath around ToC, so I'd have to say the later half of Wrath was probably my favorite

(I know, I'm a Wrath baby)....

Reminded me of this song lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglHxkF4fAA
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
speaking of babies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUrwYQe3Dw
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Everyone says bla bla last expansion was the best... they do keep getting worse, that is true. However MoP in terms of game balance is looking fantastic. Some of the more famous people who have quit the game say MoP could "Patch-up" WoW from the horrible expansion that is Cataclysm. To bad I payed for the 1 year thing for free Diablo.. we'll see how that goes. Heres hoping that GW2 will be sick.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
What keeps you playing?
I'd have to go with Lacroix on the reasons for playing, social. I play for and with the people!

Make music via Reason, Ableton and Native instruments while ghost writing and blogging.

Diablo 3, CS:S Gungame on a server I've been on for years.

What expansion did you enjoy most in WoW? I enjoyed BC and the end of WoTlk due to social networking while raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
01/03/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Blossom
Ever since Blizz announced the new expansion, Ive seriously been thinking of quitting this game that i have played and enjoyed for over 3 yrs now... Lacroix knows how much i hated the idea of KungFu Pandas running around...

A lot of people don't like the idea of this new Kung-Fu Panda content that we're going to be dished, myself included. Don't forget what the new expansion is going to be based around: PvP. It's advertised with the Panda, but the underlying theme is Horde v. Alliance (moreso than the failed attempt Cataclysm brought). I think it'll be interesting.

What keeps you playing?
Aside from this contract I regrettably singed up for? I enjoy PvP, and lately I've taken up an interest in raid content, with a guild I'm helping to manage.

Get fit, get back into playing instruments, or maybe take up drawing.

Skyrim, as it satisfies my gaming-urge to magically blow sh*t up. Maybe the new Diablo, although I've yet to try the genre. Maybe nothing at all.

I started playing during the last couple months of Vanilla. To me, Burning Crusade was a massive eyesore of neon-purple armor, stupid looking monsters, and poorly balanced mechanics. Wrath had it right.
Edited by You on 1/5/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
A lot of people don't like the idea of this new Kung-Fu Panda content that we're going to be dished...
A lot of people also don't realize the Pandaren (brewmaster/monk) were around before Kung Fu Panda was even a shadow of an idea, and are so new to the Warcraft saga that they think it's based on the movie.

Nope.

Blizzard said they initially planned to release the Pandaren with Burning Crusade, which came out a year before Kung Fu Panda did, but felt they were releasing too much at the same time. Or something. Whatever their logic was. So, either people are just ignorant, or they want a complaint to fall back on regardless of its truths.

It's usually both.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
What keeps you playing?

The quest for more power. Isn't that what WoW has been all along? Getting stronger and richer? No one stays at lvl 1. The replay value of crushing those greedy Alliance worms also rarely gets old. There's a certain satisfaction that comes in beating the other side and claiming victory for your faction.

Probably return to theological debates on some sort of online forums; those can often be as time-consuming as WoW itself.

I tried out Rift and it just didn't grab me. SWTOR was better, but it still didn't feel as polished as WoW does and it feels like half the time, I'm watching in-game discussions. So... I'm not sure, really. Maybe just stick with RTS games like Startcraft 2.

I started playing at the beginning of Vanilla and I still don't really have a favorite expansion - they all seemed comparable to me. I think my least favorite, though, is Cataclysm just because of the massive changes done to Ret Paladins by introducing holy power. It left such a sour taste in my mouth that I switched classes to something more engaging; I didn't much fancy constantly waiting for global cool downs to do anything, praying for random procs, and no longer being able to consistently heal myself in combat. Don't get me wrong - ret pallies can still be a force to be reckoned with, but I just really didn't like what they did to the mechanics - it became "unfun" to me.
Edited by Wooha on 1/5/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
speaking of babies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUrwYQe3Dw

Not gonna lie.. this is pretty legit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
A lot of people also don't realize the Pandaren (brewmaster/monk) were around before Kung Fu Panda was even a shadow of an idea, and are so new to the Warcraft saga that they think it's based on the movie.

Nope.

Blizzard said they initially planned to release the Pandaren with Burning Crusade, which came out a year before Kung Fu Panda did, but felt they were releasing too much at the same time. Or something. Whatever their logic was. So, either people are just ignorant, or they want a complaint to fall back on regardless of its truths.

It's usually both.

I'm not going to get into the argument over it. If they were released back then, it'd be a welcomed addition. It's not 2006, though, and the image has been taken & stamped with a DreamWorks logo. They can claim originality all day long, but in the end the movie is what pops into everyones head.

I don't believe it's an entirely bad thing, the asain theme is cool and the class looks neat. I (and many others) just don't like the spitting-image of the current race (coupled with the class) design. I'm hoping they tweak it.
Edited by You on 1/5/2012 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I'm not going to get into the argument over it. ... They can claim originality all day long, but in the end the movie is what pops into everyones head.

There is no argument: Blizzard had monk panda before DreamWorks. Many other places had monk panda ideas before any of that, I'm sure. It's a generational thing, but with THAT being said, it's definitely not what pops into "everyone's head," cuz it's certainly not what pops into mine first thing. :V

Hey, at least I'll have a monk tauren or som'n. Pow pow and such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]