Dying realm.

(Locked)

99 Undead Mage
LOL looks like Rezzmequick has just resurrected this thread. =D

Ysondre may be a small server filled with baddies, but it's alright.

Me thinks this may be advantageous to us when MoP goes live. Popular servers like Proudmoore are going to have wait times through the roof with everyone logging in at once to play. I don't think our realm will have this problem.
90 Blood Elf Mage

Me thinks this may be advantageous to us when MoP goes live. Popular servers like Proudmoore are going to have wait times through the roof with everyone logging in at once to play. I don't think our realm will have this problem.

The reason popular servers had login queues is people actually wanted to play there. Strange thought, eh?
90 Human Paladin
I'm on Garrosh and My realm is dead and players are leaving daily. We probably have like 500 players that log on daily. They say it's medium with like 75k players but when you combine horde and alliance, and 10 characters per player that isn't much. My guess is that blizzard is killing off realms to get that $25 transfer fee from players who move to other realms. Blizz doesn't care about their loyal players all they care about is stealing our money.
90 Human Rogue
I agree with Groovie 100%. This forum thread was started in 2011 and Ysondre has gotten progressively worse since then.

It would appear that there are effectively 2 horde raiding guilds, now, and a handful of alliance raiding guilds. The guilds that are active in end-game, here, are achieving mediocre progression. Meanwhile, folks on highly populated servers are completing 25-person Heroic Lei Shen runs weekly. The mediocre progression on Ysondre isn't due to lack of skill, it's due to lack of population. When a raid team finds themselves short a player, it's near impossible to fill that spot and raiding can be shut down for the night, altogether. There is not plethora of players to call on to fill in, there are just tumbleweeds rolling down the city walk and crickets chirping in the distance. It's sad.

Been in this ongoing debate of whether putting up with this dead server is worth it or if it's time to give up the game. When nights like this happen, it pushes me closer and closer to quitting. What I know for sure is that I will not pay blizzard for mismanaging servers and effectively forcing legit players to pay to xfer.

Something has to give.
90 Undead Rogue
05/23/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Maeryjaene
Ysondre has gotten progressively worse since then.

It could be (has been) far more worse

Remember when Ysondre was a recommended server?
Edited by Thugmcgee on 5/24/2013 8:40 AM PDT
90 Undead Warrior
Slowly dying for sure.
90 Blood Elf Mage
It could be (has been) far more worse

Remember when Ysondre was a recommended server?

Yes. People actually played on it.
90 Undead Rogue
Well Virtual Realms are coming next patch so it wont matter anymore whether people played on it or not.

Still looking into what server I should transfer to
Edited by Thugmcgee on 6/14/2013 3:44 PM PDT
Will "Virtual Realms" let you join guilds from different servers?
90 Undead Rogue
Yes as long as they're on the same virtual realm

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

Edit:

Please don't post in old threads unless otherwise instructed to do so by a forum representative.

This thread is now locked.
Edited by Dankorii on 7/16/2013 7:21 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]