Anyone playing SWTOR?

I got Star Wars The Old Republic for christmas and I was just wondering whether anyone here already is playing or is planning to play it. I thought it would be cool if everyone from Ravenfail met up on a server. So if anyone knows a good server we can all meet up on then post it here I guess. Btw, this is Harldan for anyone who knows me (I left my authenticator at home and that is why i can't play. Sorry!).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
While I play both, and although SWTOR does not have Wintergrasp or Sneezing Priests to annoy the general gameplay, I still prefer WoW for graphics, gameplay and more to offer for my monthly fees. Even offering a different game play style and expanded storylines, it shouldn't be long before it joins the other pretenders Rift, Warhammer and Conan as games WoW players flocked to only to slink back and admit they ran out of "fun" and "kewlness".

Same story, different chapter, same result. Fun game but not as feature filled as WoW. Great games are like fine wine and few will ever age as well as WoW has.

WoW and Ravenfail FTW!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I have a feeling that pumped up expectations and the want for something different will lead many to try the new game while WoW will continue to hold interest and adventure long after the new becomes old and eventually leaves them wanting.

I agree that WoW outlasts others.

But perhaps Diablo III will bring about real new and fun times.

-- Porta
Reply Quote
I never said I was quitting WoW. I am still playing, as I am a diehard WoW fan. I despise any other WoW challenging games such as Rift, but Star Wars is different. First off, I am a Star Wars fan, and second it is a different genre so it isnt copying WoW. I was just wondering if anyone had a good server or something.
Reply Quote
Just saying, I made a character on the server called Cho Mai, so if anyone wants to play with me you'll find me there. Harldan, Chiss Bounty Hunter.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
A few of us from Cove play, Republic side, Lord Praven server. We have a little guild called <Scruffy Looking>...my toon's name is Cassie if you ever want to play with some other people. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its a nice little twist on the usual MMORPG nowadays, especially with most trying to copy the WoW formula. While its true that this format offers the most comfortable UI system and reasonably placed mechanics, its pretty much like re-inventing the wheel, bringing nothing new to the table whatsoever. But Bioware giving the players the illusion of choices and interactive storytelling is certainly something, especially if it means a different experience for each player, rather than just hitting the max level and deciding if you want to either PvE or PvP most of the time. If only it wasn't created from the Star Wars franchise, then I would be all over it (as an alternative outlet), I never did like Star Wars. Or sci-fi.

I'm too dumb to understand technologically advanced driven story, leave me alone!

Wait a tick, how did we arrive at this debate?
Reply Quote
Ok Raziya I made a human jedi knight named Varo'then (:P) on Lord Praven. I'll add you.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
Sher, even if you don't like Star Wars, I think you will still enjoy the game. I liked the original movies and that's really about the max of my knowledge of Star Wars, but I am still getting great enjoyment out of the game. It's a fun little diversion from WoW especially right now with the holiday downtime. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]