LF Alliance pvp guild for WPVP

I have been looking for an alliance guild to start WPVP events with for a while now. All i'm looking for is an "enemy" guild that can cooperate with us in setting up WPVP events, particularly in non-village/city areas (to avoid guards).

Dark Clan of Fenris is a trustworthy guild (Most DHD guilds are) and if anyone is interested please either message me, Visadaria, mindslaver, or Loxosceles. Than we can come to terms and agreements.

Right now WPVP is dying, although it seems to be coming back slowly, but invading a town or city isn't worth it anymore due to guards. What I personally want is battles in discrete areas such as on the gorilla island SE of STV, under ICC, or the giant cave SW of AQ.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
<World Police> has been trying to take the fight to the Horde. We've recently been attacking Desolation Hold a bit (trying to get BTG), and I have noticed some Fenris members there fighting back.

I kind of feel like setting up world PvP battles at specific locations and times should be reserved for special events, but maybe we can work something out.
Reply Quote
if the rest of the guild is interested (and level 85) let me know. Realid or skype works out well.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah. We're Blackwater. We name changed.
Reply Quote
give us a tell in game. We both know assaulting towns doesn't work one of two ways: Guards and of course 90% of VeCo doesn't have worlddefense chat on.

Give me an in-game mail and we can work it from there. I originally had <Guardians of the light> somewhat thinking about it, but no response since then.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
WPvP event coming soon---- Phobosz style

stay tuned in the following weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
12/27/2011 05:35 PMPosted by Sensual
I kind of feel like setting up world PvP battles at specific locations and times should be reserved for special events, but maybe we can work something out.

That's kinda my thing. Sporadic WPvP. However, then you get in to "We don't have anyone on." or "When are they coming to defend." and things like that. Not like whining, just simple fact that some guilds are more active during certain times and all or that it might take a group 15-30 minutes to get stuff going if they have to start digging people out of Theramore or Booty bay from the bottom of a flagon ;-)

Now... a quick "Howdy, how many people will you have on in about 15 minutes? .... Uh huh... Well we'll be hitting somewhere so keep an eye out." thing I've found works pretty well.

That being said... KoD's always up for some part of a fight. We don't have forces big enough to put up a real tussle at the moment but we're working on it. If you have a few on though who want to have some fun, just send someone over, see how many we've got and bring numbers to match. *Coughs*Please leave all healers at home*coughs and grins* Well maybe one won't be so bad. *chuckles* But you can usually find me on between 4 and 9 server these days (damn commute).
Reply Quote
here is something I did sorta mention but didn't go into detail: when I find a guild that agrees, there will be terms. Two major terms I want is both sides should agree too how many they should bring. 15 v 15, 20 v20, etc. That way ppl don't complain :WPVP is all about numbers" this way its good fun. Also the other one is location, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Another thing you guys didn't get the hint is realID, if the other guild doesn't have anyone on then with the power of realID, we can cancel or postpone the event.

My guild is more active if the event is scheduled, but at the same time we a lot of us like to WPVP. A lot more of us never feel like stopping what they're doing (sitting in org) to join a group for a good fite.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'm all for even numbers. This way even if ya end up loosing you can't moan and gripe that "They wouldn't play nice. Blah-blah-blah." I've heard that from lots of people.

I know when we've done stuff, we've had people sit out or "Protect the town" if we had too many. Then if someone had to leave, we had someone there to take their place.

Location wise, avoiding towns is always good cause of guards and what not (it's ridiculous both horde and alliance side, regardless of how 'unfair' it may be (if at all) )

As for RealID, I didn't mention it because well firstly, I didn't think about it to be completely honest.... And secondly because some people are a bit weird about it. Which is why it probably didn't cross my mind. *shrugs* BUT once we get our numbers back up and we get things rolling... We might have a fun time together. KoD is more WPvP than RBGs and the likes anyway *grins and strokes her chin*

Don't be surprised my horned and hooved friend if you hear from a little BloodElf Priest... Bleh... I should make a Tauren... They're the only Horde race I can stand these days... >.> ANYWAY! Yes... I think the hamster's woken from his hibernation... Back to the wheel he goes! :D
Reply Quote
I will just need an in-game mail verifying confirmation. Personally I don't think your guild is that small, not as big as dark clan, but im sure if your guild is dedicated to WPVP, a scheduled event would be enough to that people would come online to attend.

Im personally excited because once this sparks up, im sure other guilds (especially DHD) would become more active in WPVP events. Thats how good WPVP ends up, its a couple guys pwning some lowbies in southshore, hours later its an entire %$#@fest of OMG-CRASH-THE-SERVER event. But in this case, its a couple of guilds starting out.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I was one of those Horde Lowbies ganked that started one such thing... On this toon even... XD

Just before those died out. I'd never seen WPvP before and I was hiding and it was like OMGWTFBBQ!!?!?!111

As for ingame, Ismira is the name of my priest now, some funky characters because I made her before 4.3 Soooo that'll be me. :)

I have some ideas... Start small kinda stuff ya know. ^.^
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Setting things up to be equal numbers, no guards, certain times, etc tends to make it like a battleground to me - which I hate. I don't know about you, but I enjoy rolling up and taking the win even when we're outnumbered. Further, I don't just demand that everyone in guild come along. I go, check things out, and call a few people to help. If those aren't enough, then I call more until we have enough.
Reply Quote
12/28/2011 05:34 PMPosted by Sensual
Setting things up to be equal numbers, no guards, certain times, etc tends to make it like a battleground to me - which I hate. I don't know about you, but I enjoy rolling up and taking the win even when we're outnumbered. Further, I don't just demand that everyone in guild come along. I go, check things out, and call a few people to help. If those aren't enough, then I call more until we have enough.

it never works out, only select few come these days. And no its not like a BG, there isn't an objective, other that kill each other which is what I like. The whole point of this is to get the rest of the server back active in WPVP.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Let me preface this with that I appreciate what you're doing and encourage you to do what you can to bring back world PvP. I just don't entirely agree with the method.

It is both like a bg and unlike a bg at the same time. You're correct in saying that it's not like a bg in that there isn't a battleground objecetive. But it IS like a battleground in that we're creating some artificial battle. What makes world PvP so great is that it's raw - there are no rules, and it can happen anywhere. Now, calling in 20+ people to kill 5 (which Project Mayhem did to us lols) is ridiculous, but you don't have to plan everything out to avoid that.

To bring world PvP back, yes, people should be in the worlddefense channel. Not everyone needs to be. But, if at least one person online in your guild is in the channel, he should be able to alert the rest of the guild. I always stay in the channel, and if I see enough pings to feel like it might be a real attack, I check it out. If there is a group of Horde there, I respond with an appropriate number of Alliance.
Reply Quote
well, all I want is to just kill a bunch of alliance for hours without an objective. Maybe yea, there won't be rules or there will be. Maybe we can just say: "Hey we're attacking something, you better be there," or in a different sense: "We are fighting on top of the battle-zep flying around icecrown." Or my personal favorite "Giant kill fest in ring of blood in blades edge."

Stuff like that is what I want. It is not directly bringing back WPVP but gives people the idea of wanting to do more WPVP. Eventually it will be at random more often as you like.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
((Even numbers is not WPvP. That is a bg or a planned event. The beauty of WPvP is that it always has the possibility of escalating to epic proportions.))
Reply Quote
12/28/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Lufitoom
((Even numbers is not WPvP. That is a bg or a planned event. The beauty of WPvP is that it always has the possibility of escalating to epic proportions.))

thats why there is very little attendance to WPVP. Im only doing what works, I like things planned ahead of time, because lets face it, most of us have busy lives.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Han's right about that. When it gets to the point "Oh, there's 30 of them, 10 of us..." (doesn't matter which side has what numbers really) some ponies get to the point where they're like. "Yeeeaah... I'm not going to be free honor noms here..." and say buck it and go back to doing other things.

NOW if it starts off say 5-5 or whatever and then everypony can bring more in as each side manages to rustle up more ponies? By all means lets tear stuff up! :D Yes Lufi, the beauty of PvP is the fact it can get ridiculous. I've seen things in Lakeshire and Darkshire, or in the Battle Scar in SB get to double or triple the numbers. But the way this server is, we aren't going to be able to jump into stuff like that right away. (No I'm not saying the server's dying... People just are lazy I think :-P ) SO! We start of something small somewhere we can get a lot of ponies involved eventually

As I've told most everyone I talk to, I don't mind losing, I just want to have fun. I'm sure everypony can agree that getting continually trounced is no fun. So if there's a good even fight (Not by numbers but just back and forth with wipes/deaths/whatever) everypony is more likely to enjoy the fight and -want- to do the whole WPvP thing again when it's not "Why are they sitting in our tavern with their 20 man RBG group.... ;.; " (Which btw, is really depressing when you can only rustle up like 7 people XD )

Han, ol' buddy. I'm sure that we can also agree to try to resist the specific targeting of lowbies in any zone who may just be questing? I of course understand that accidents happen, and KoD does require that every member (regardless of level ect.) defends Darkshire so those lowbies are okay to kill. They know what they sign up for with us *grins and chuckles* But I'd rather not raise the rez timer of some terrified little lowbie (on either side) who happens to accidentally stumble upon our Bash-Fest.

*waits for the 'care-bearing' comments to pour in*

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Just say something... I'm never in one of the big pvp/rp guilds and therefore only run into wpvp by luck :) But I'm always happy to come on out and play!!! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]