LF Alliance pvp guild for WPVP

100 Tauren Druid
12/29/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Protea
and therefore only run into wpvp by luck :)

Another reason WPVP doesn't happen as often as it should.

(that wasn't a rat out to you just trying to make a point)

My biggest thing is I absolutely love WPVP. It seems what I love about it is different from what others like about it. What I like is:

-The Random environment it could possibly be in, making it less like a BG because no one is as familiar with the area. Fighting in the fortress in fenris isle, the middle lake in sholzar, ALL over deepholm, etc.
-when it eventually builds up and it ends up being like 70 vs 60-70 ppl. People are just spamming those keybinds trying to kill as many enemies as possible in aw as to how epic this fight is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/29/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Hannhar
and therefore only run into wpvp by luck :)

Another reason WPVP doesn't happen as often as it should.

(that wasn't a rat out to you just trying to make a point)

My biggest thing is I absolutely love WPVP. It seems what I love about it is different from what others like about it. What I like is:

-The Random environment it could possibly be in, making it less like a BG because no one is as familiar with the area. Fighting in the fortress in fenris isle, the middle lake in sholzar, ALL over deepholm, etc.
-when it eventually builds up and it ends up being like 70 vs 60-70 ppl. People are just spamming those keybinds trying to kill as many enemies as possible in aw as to how epic this fight is.

I know exactly what you mean. WPVP with no rules or team balance can last for a long time. That's what makes WPVP different than BG. However, as we all know, VeCo isn't that big, I hardly run into players if I got anywhere obscure. Also, players are lacking passion. They simply don't care enough. Therefore we need to work on that issue. We need to motivate more players to participate, more players to care. Although we are reluctant to fight in enemy cities, I still think city raids are a good way to motivate players. One faction need to take the initiative, either Horde or Alliance.

I remember recently Alliance killed Hellscream (yes? no?), and quickly the Horde killed Whisperwind to return the favour. Hopefully something similar can happen soon and we can create some chaos.

I'm in a PVE guild, I don't think anyone from my guild currently participate WPVP except me. I prefer PVE over PVP. But I still sometimes show up in Darkshire or Redridge, and I frankly feel decent WPVP is as enjoyable as raiding. I'm in WorldDefense and there are attacks almost every hour. Clearly some Hordes are trying to enjoy WPVP. I hope Dark Clan of Fenris and the Alliance counterparts can make a difference in the coming year.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I think that people don't enjoy WPvP as much or don't partake in it as much because there is little in the way of "rewards". In PvE, you get gold, Items, justice and valor ect. PvP? You get a repair bill and a handful of honor. *shrugs*

Just a possibility there....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't participate b/c I don't know about it. LOL Sorry ya'll, if I don't run into it, I don't see it, I can't participate :) Unless someone hauls off and says something in some kinda channel. Otherwise, the WPvP has been very guild-centric b/c of the lack of "HEY EVERYBODY!!! COME HELP!!!!!"

but that's been an issue for as long as I can remember...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Toss me an in-game mail when you figure out when this is going to be and I will try to help out any way I can with increasing our numbers.

-Psycho
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
EVERYONE IS JUST NOT GETTING THE POINT. The primary number, one reason there is little WPVP is because there is nothing to do outside of cities now, other than questing. Remember when you had to go to the actual dungeon for PVE? Or you had to go to area 51 or nagrand to buy pvp gear? Or if anything there were objectives that promoted WPVP, like Halaa.

if it wasn't for Halaa, hillsbrad events, Hellfre tower cap places, etc. WPVP wouldn't exist to begin with. What i'm asking is to create that same concept but in a virtual sense.

If anything for RP reasons, a heightened battle scene of two enemies clashing all around Azeroth. Thats typically what Ax Men and MENclave did, except it wasn't pre-arranged....the GMs actually hated eachother

What i'm doing is creating a spark for the WPVP community to rise again. Eventually people will start attacking towns knowing that they will get a response. There hasn't been much town attacks (by horde at least), because who wants to attack a city or town with 358673485438557834658347685634567348658743658734685736478563487643786534876435786457856^2 guards?

Aiera, I know you agreed to set up events, but I personally don't want all the battles in duskwood, I have had so many battles in duskwood, it gets old for me (no offense to your guild), but I would like to fight in places all over azeroth, where one side doesn't have an advantage of Graveyard spawn points ( top 3 reasons why WPVP events end) or guards will screw everything up.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
We've had a lot of world PvP battles since you made this thread. You just have to make an effort. It only takes a handful of people, too.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
http://myfacewhen.com/44/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
/join WorldDefense and stop !@#$%ing. the Horde has been pansies until now. 15 minutes notice? oh we don't have enough people? suck it up and recruit more! DHD can do what they will, but I would advice them to stick to BG's and arena's for their "sportsmanship" and "fair play." WPvP is about conquering your enemy...please watch a youtube clip on such...

NO RULES, NO MERCY, NO ALLIANCE!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I think that people don't enjoy WPvP as much or don't partake in it as much because there is little in the way of "rewards". In PvE, you get gold, Items, justice and valor ect. PvP? You get a repair bill and a handful of honor. *shrugs*

World PVP is not about the tangible rewards you gain. It's about destroying your enemy in an open field, and humiliating him at every opportunity, outside of the controlled confines of a BG.

The rewards for wpvp are intangible ones, but they are there.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
/join WorldDefense and stop !@#$%ing. the Horde has been pansies until now. 15 minutes notice? oh we don't have enough people? suck it up and recruit more! DHD can do what they will, but I would advice them to stick to BG's and arena's for their "sportsmanship" and "fair play." WPvP is about conquering your enemy...please watch a youtube clip on such...

I almost didn't recognize you... Lately I just see you face down in dirt.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

World PVP is not about the tangible rewards you gain. It's about destroying your enemy in an open field, and humiliating him at every opportunity, outside of the controlled confines of a BG.

The rewards for wpvp are intangible ones, but they are there.

As I indicated in another thread, Blizzard is proposing to reward WPvP in MoP by allocating 10-15% of your conquest point cap towards WPvP activities.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I almost didn't recognize you... Lately I just see you face down in dirt.

Haha I will make sure to give your corpse a /hug next time I see it, Lufitoom
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kudos to Hann for reaching out to create some wpvp, and I'll toss my hat in the ring. The Grin is game, for sure. Seems that folks are missing the point with planned events. Yeah, they're not spontaneous. We get that. But I've seen an awful lot of pings on our side with no response, and I hear Ally saying they've been pinging with no response. That's the advantage of coordinated events--people, hopefully, show up.

The other big difference between planned wpvp and (r)bgs has to do with the rp, and I get that not everyone cares about rp. But there are a lot of wpvp'ers who do, and to have a story behind the battle just makes it that much more epic. A good story is its own reward.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]