is there a cap on haste balance druid

85 Worgen Druid
im currently at 31.30% should i keep stacking haste?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
There are deffinitely many things to consider when it comes to haste and your druid. Such as, how is your mana at the end of a fight? A lot of druids will pause with haste at about 2005 because of the extra tick with Wild Growth, then depending on their mana stack Int. You get more ticks on different HoTs with more haste, but 2005 is a very valuable one to consider.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Tarnis
There are deffinitely many things to consider when it comes to haste and your druid. Such as, how is your mana at the end of a fight? A lot of druids will pause with haste at about 2005 because of the extra tick with Wild Growth, then depending on their mana stack Int. You get more ticks on different HoTs with more haste, but 2005 is a very valuable one to consider.
The title of this thread is "is there a cap on haste balance druid".
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I definitely apologize, I just re-read that. Nix it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
im curious about this too because im at 31.28% in moonkin form.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
As long as your moonkin is hit-capped, haste becomes the next best stat. It's not possible to have too much haste. Now, the INT is still better than haste, since INT is a primary stat, but haste is good. :)
Edited by Lissanna on 12/28/2011 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Since the marginal value of mastery becomes better as you get more haste(because of saving GCDs on eclipsed DoTs) it will eventually overtake haste, but it is far off and impractical concern do just keep stacking haste.

Also, you will lose alot of haste with gear because of having to take non-optimized pieces, so don't fret it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Tarnis
I definitely apologize, I just re-read that. Nix it.

That was still a good bit of info and actually answered one of my questions.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Is it possible (within reasonable acquirable gear #s) to reach a haste point that your wrath cast is faster than your gcd? Hard (all the time) or Soft (situationally with Lust/Heroism or NG) cap?
Reply Quote
12/29/2011 03:33 AMPosted by Herbfest
Is it possible (within reasonable acquirable gear #s) to reach a haste point that your wrath cast is faster than your gcd? Hard (all the time) or Soft (situationally with Lust/Heroism or NG) cap?

Not with the current best haste gear out there. Blizzard made sure of that after what happened last expansion when we did have a soft cap.

You would even have a hard time getting to the soft cap with the best gear plus lust/heroism.

Only time haste is a problem is when you're in the air during the Alysrazor fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/29/2011 03:33 AMPosted by Herbfest

Is possible to hit a soft cap during Heroism and Natures Grace and raid haste buff.
You'd need 27.41% haste from gear to get wrath to the 1 sec GCD cap (during Hero+NG)
1.05*1.15*1.3*1.2741 = 2.00--> 2/2=1 sec cast

If you have DI as well then you only need 23.70% haste during Hero+NG to cap wrath.

Without hero, but with NG+5% raid buff, you'd need 65.63%
Without hero but with NG +DI+5% raid buff you'd need 60.81%

So those folks around 30% haste are already GCD capping wrath, but only during Hero+NG. The additional haste is still good for starfire and dots and more importantly, the rest of the fight without hero :p.
Edited by Keiyra on 12/29/2011 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]