Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

Community Manager
We are aware of issues affecting the Darkmoon Faire, which began again today, particularly regarding monthly quests and some related achievements.

Our teams are investigating the issue and would like to assure you that we are working hard to solve the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
thank you. seems like the guide no longer works. =o(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Thanks.

I have an issue with the cannon btw. Like right now, 1/5/12, I only shoot to go up into the air, and stop at mid air, won't even go to the ocean.
Edited by Steth on 1/5/2012 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
At least I can finally turn in these grisly trophies. I've been spammed with, "I can't carry any more of those" for a week. :( Does anyone know how to make that stop?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/error-monster will get rid of it, and all your other error messages that you never thought were annoying
Edited by Sleete on 1/1/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
99 Draenei Warrior
Also, does putting the guide thing in the bank work? I haven't tried it, but was always wondering myself.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Or the fact that my Soothsayer and Ornate Weapon quest items disappeared from my bag so now I can't turn it in. Went and bought the Ornate Weapon from AH just to do the turn in.
Edited by Malkyth on 1/1/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So when's a fix coming?
Reply Quote
I was able to turn all of them in (first time for Grimgoire and Soothsayers Runes) aside from Captured Insignia and Adventurer's Journal...

So, it's not as bad as I thought! :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
01/01/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Meatballss
At least I can finally turn in these grisly trophies. I've been spammed with, "I can't carry any more of those" for a week. :( Does anyone know how to make that stop?

go to molten front and farm them in one sitting.

No. she's not asking how to get it. She's asking how to suppress the error message after collecting all the ears for the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you, Kaivax. This is exactly what I was coming to the forums to find out about.

My particular issue is that I am unable to redo The Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia turn in again. It tells me I have already completed that quest. I was able to turn in Imbued Crystal again, though. Those were the only 3 I had on me.

Now, I have the Darkmoon Defender achievement but when I look at the other achievements - Darkmoon Dungeoneer and Darkmoon Despoiler, the only 3 it has me down for having turned in are the Journal, Insignia, and Crystal. The only ones I have not been able to get my hands on have been the Soothsayer's Runes and A Treatise on Strategy. I turned in everything else last month.

I hope this information helps you guys out! Thank you again for being on top of things!

Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
All the item that start quests reset as far as i can tell except insignia and Adventurer's Guide. Then again do to the extremely low drop rate of treatise, and the fact people without the guide can roll on it, i don't have one of those to test :(.

My alts lost credit for several sub parts of achievements but my main, who already completed all of them didn't become uncompleted this time around. So it just seems the achievement completion isn't what broke but the counting of criteria for them.
Edited by Omegal on 1/1/2012 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
While you're at it do something about the Treatise. 50+ heroic runs and I've seen one drop. The winner of the roll then asked what it was for despite the item clearly stating its use in its flavor text. >.>;
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
01/01/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Aeolyn
While you're at it do something about the Treatise. 50+ heroic runs and I've seen one drop. The winner of the roll then asked what it was for despite the item clearly stating its use in its flavor text. >.>;

There is an issue with rolling on it where as long as a person who loots it has a guide, the group loot option allows all 5 to roll on it, even if only 2 in group have a guide. It's allowing people to win and sell an item who didn't even take any part in the darkmoon faire. I hope that's addressed more then anything. Sure the guide is easy to get, but you'd be surprised how many don't have it don't know about it, and still win this item.

The drop rate leaves a lot to be desired too. I actually run a lot of VP and lost city because those are the two heroics that have two bosses that can drop one, all the others are just 1 potential boss. I thought maybe the drop rate would be ok over the span of month between fairs, but it almost seemed like the drop rate was even lower. They sell for 20k on AH because of their rarity and that's insane.
Edited by Omegal on 1/1/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Having almost all my achievement credit get reset when all I needed was Treatise is REALLY not ok. Especially Soothsayer can this be corrected to restore credit to the people who lost them?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
01/01/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Kaivax
Our teams are investigating the issue and would like to assure you that we are working hard to solve the issue.

So does this mean we will get credit for the steps we already completed towards Darkmoon Despoiler? I just hope we don't have to loot them again... particularly the PvP ones and A Treatise on Strategy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I sure hope the fix doesn't require some sort of reset on tickets and items bought. I don't want to lose my awesome Forest Strider!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]