Montrous Egg
Orname Weapon
Imbued Crystal
Mysterious Grimoire

I do NOT have the achievement Darkmoon Despoiler, because I'm missing:

A Treatise on Strategy
Monstrous Egg
Ornate Weapon

Now, check the requirements for Darkmoon Dungeoneer, again.

This is broken. It's broken. They de-flagged some of the requirements on our toons, even though we have verifiably already completed them by virtue of having the other achievement.

Furthermore, they changed it (apparently) so that we cannot get those low-level items using high-level characters any more. Do not like. I'm sorry, Blizzard. Usually I'm a pretty good fanboy, but the Darkmoon Faire is bungled. It's grindy. It can be fixed, but right now, it's not very fun.

I want to see this achievement rewarded properly. I want to see all quest items drop for any character of any level. I want to see the daily point rewards go up. I want to be able to collect everything available from the Faire in under a year, if I so choose.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I hate to say such a thing; but it seems when so few people, only 13 pages worth of customers, are irritated and complaining and wanting a solution not a delay and fix later. That this is exactly why blizzard doesn't care much, it is only 13 pages, if a larger portion of the community say this thread was 30+ pages..it would be a bit harder for them to ignore.

I could be making a terrible assumption, but I don't see some sort of offering of compromise on their part. Giving tickets for bugged items to everyone, wouldn't be so troublesome.

It is really a simple issue why.....

Blizzard only like to have one POST on a subject, so if you go and make another post on the general forum, it will be deleted. I speak from experence from a LOT of deleted posts and a LOT fof bans from the forums.

They made this a sticky so not many people would read or response to it and if you made a new post/thread on the same subject it gets deleted, so what they are really doing is "HOLDING" back on the response to this thread where if it was posted on the general main page and not a sticky there would be a LOT MORE than 13-15 pages.

That is why I am sure if you check dakrmoon faire under search you won't get a lot of hits, because blizzard is QUICK to delete something and if you call them on it then they ban you.

I been down that road a few times, I speak with experence.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Disappointed my PvP artifacts still won't work.

Considering I only PvP, the dungeon artifacts are now restricted to Cata heroics, and I'm unwilling to pay thousands of gold for one dungeon artifact, I'm pretty screwed. :(

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/06/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Allyriae
I want to see this achievement rewarded properly. I want to see all quest items drop for any character of any level. I want to see the daily point rewards go up. I want to be able to collect everything available from the Faire in under a year, if I so choose.

This is what I want as well.

Bugs aside, the event was fine the way it was. Heck even Bashiok at the time said it was 'working as intended'.

Why the nerf?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’ve identified a number of issues with the Darkmoon Faire this month, and they should be resolved for the February faire. Specifically, we found problems with:

• Attempting to turn in the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia which are associated with these quests “The Captured Journal” and “The Enemy's Insignia”. If you are having difficulty turning in these items, please contact our customer service department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/ and they will be able to provide you with 5 Darkmoon Prize Tickets per item.

• Unfortunately, “The Darkmoon Faire” quest cannot be made available for characters that previously completed the quest. This is due to the fact that this quest is not a new quest, but reuses the old quest ID. We realize this was an error and will be taking steps to not repeat it for future quests, but it does mean that characters that completed it before will not be able to complete the new version with the ticket reward.

• The reset of monthly achievement progress experienced by some is unfortunately unable to be reinstated. We apologize for this error and have taken steps to ensure it does not occur again.

January's Darkmoon Faire will come to a conclusion on Saturday, Jan. 7 at midnight. The faire will return again on Feb. 5, as planned.

We apologize for the inconveniences some players have encountered with these issues. Thank you for your patience and feedback.
Edited by Kaivax on 1/6/2012 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Good to know. thanks for follow ups. Can you clarify some additional common concerns that have shown up in thread?

1. Anything on the drop changes that affect getting dungeon items from low level dungeons for 4/5 of the dungeon artifacts. (Confirmed by myself)

2. Or a bug where the item would cease to exist or not spawn if someone without a guide was first to loot the bosses? (not confirmed by me but mentioned quite a few times)

3. Or people without a guide able to roll on it if someone with a guide does loot first? (Confirmed by myself)

4. As well as the ridiculously low drop rates of said items where even myself who tries to do at least 4 treatise runs a day sees 0 drops. I will end this fair without one despite putting forth literally hours into looking for one. (Confirmed by myself)
Edited by Omegal on 1/6/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Paladin
01/06/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Kaivax
We apologize for the inconveniences some players have encountered with these issues. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Never trust a carny...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So what about the fact that the quest items, which were CONSTANTLY pushed in the ticket math, are now nearly unobtainable due to bad drop rates, only being visible if someone with the book loots the corpse first, AND being rolled on by anyone regardless if they have said book or not?

That is rather a major issue since all our planning resolved around being able to farm a number of these, which with the current system is near impossible unless you can farm several hours a day for them, OR have a small fortune.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
How about if you can get the blue quest starters to drop, you can get the grislie trophies to drop, instead of having us do boring kill stuffs for a whole week just to turn it in on time? I have no earthly idea why that quest was implemented that way, when the rest of the faire actually seems like some thought went into the idea.

Who knows, maybe it's just cause I can't be bothered to stick around for 1k creature deaths, or whatever it takes to ding the 250 stupid ears needed if it's 4 per ear or something. Guess a healing raiding priest who gains nothing from heroics isn't meant to do it in a week. /shrug
Reply Quote
Good to know. thanks for follow ups. Can you clarify some additional common concerns that have shown up in thread?

1. Anything on the drop changes that affect getting dungeon items from low level dungeons for 4/5 of the dungeon artifacts.

2. Or a bug where the item would cease to exist or not spawn if someone without a guide was first to loot the bosses?

3. Or people without a guide able to roll on it if someone with a guide does loot first?

4. As well as the ridiculously low drop rates of said items where even myself who tries to do at least 4 treatise runs a day sees 0 drops. I will end this fair without one despite putting forth literally hours into looking for one.

please give us answers to these questions, i had to spend over 2k gold last night to buy items i had turned in last month because of the achievement reset and the fact that the quest items are so hard to attain now, i got "lucky" the week after the last faire when i capped SEVEN (7) toons on valor and saw ONE (1) Treatise drop and was lucky enough to win it, and i wasn't going to risk the achievement resetting again as i might never see another treatise or any other of the items since you took them out of low level dungeons. please tell us the reasons for the change outside of trying to artificially extend the time it takes to get the pets and mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

1. Anything on the drop changes that affect getting dungeon items from low level dungeons for 4/5 of the dungeon artifacts.

2. Or a bug where the item would cease to exist or not spawn if someone without a guide was first to loot the bosses?

3. Or people without a guide able to roll on it if someone with a guide does loot first?

4. As well as the ridiculously low drop rates of said items where even myself who tries to do at least 4 treatise runs a day sees 0 drops. I will end this fair without one despite putting forth literally hours into looking for one.

Come back in five days for your response.

In all seriousness, though. Thank you for finally posting in this thread, Bliz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Going forward, is a low-level alt going to be required for the low-level quest items, presuming we don't buy them from the AH?
Reply Quote
Community Manager

1. This was a bug that is being hotfixed. A character that is not level-appropriate for a dungeon should not get Monstrous Egg, Mysterious Grimoire, Imbued Crystal, or Ornate Weapon drops. This is irrespective of whether or not the character has a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in her bags.

2. & 3. We previously had an issue where Grisly Trophy was only going to the player who recorded the killing blow. They are now distributed randomly. Furthermore, there were previously cases where all of the artifacts listed above could be rolled Need. That has been hotfixed and they are all now flagged Greed-only.

4. Regarding drop rates, these items are dropping as-intended. They are rare, and the quests and achievements that depend on them are intended to take some time to complete. They're comparable to the Darkmoon decks and cards. We made them tradeable, so that players who experience a run of bad luck can still acquire what they're after by trading with friends or buying them on the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

1. Anything on the drop changes that affect getting dungeon items from low level dungeons for 4/5 of the dungeon artifacts. (Confirmed by myself)

2. Or a bug where the item would cease to exist or not spawn if someone without a guide was first to loot the bosses? (not confirmed by me but mentioned quite a few times)

3. Or people without a guide able to roll on it if someone with a guide does loot first? (Confirmed by myself)

4. As well as the ridiculously low drop rates of said items where even myself who tries to do at least 4 treatise runs a day sees 0 drops. I will end this fair without one despite putting forth literally hours into looking for one. (Confirmed by myself)

Until you've answered these questions, you really haven't satisfied your customers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh wow. I did not know about the artifact only showing up if somebody with a guide loots the corpse first. That gives me even less motivation to try to get those...

Maybe Blizz just needs to go back to the old DMF while they work on the New DMF a bit more internally to have it ready to go for MoP... This overhaul is a total disaster.
Edited by Savario on 1/6/2012 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Are the achievements fixed yet?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
2. & 3. We previously had an issue where Grisly Trophy was only going to the player who recorded the killing blow. They are now distributed randomly. Furthermore, there were previously cases where all of the artifacts listed above could be rolled Need. That has been hotfixed and they are all now flagged Greed-only.

But does rolling greed apply to people without the guide still? Someone without guide should not be able to see or be eligible to roll on said item, and take changes away from someone who is participating in the fair in acquiring that item.

01/06/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Kaivax
4. Regarding drop rates, these items are dropping as-intended. They are rare, and the quests and achievements that depend on them are intended to take some time to complete. They're comparable to the Darkmoon decks and cards. We made them tradeable, so that players who experience a run of bad luck can still acquire what they're after by trading with friends or buying them on the auction house.

That doesn't align with a post from a while back from Bashiok which indicated the reason the daily quests ticket numbers were lowered was that it was intention the main source of darkmoon tickets should be from item turn-ins and profession weeklies.
Ref:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=25#485
12/06/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
The design intent of the Darkmoon Faire is that it’s available for one week out of the month, and in that one week we expect you to be able to obtain a significant amount of tickets.

If they are intended to be rare and not easily collectable within a preceding months time, then is it intended the ticket acquisition rate is meant to be extremely low? We were lead to believe last fair that the intent was the rarity of first fair should not carry over to 2nd once the acquisition of these items was still allowed in the 3 weeks preceding the next fair, that it should level out to be within reasonable acquisition to get them all every fair. This did not happen, in fact, with the hotfix to low level dungeon farming, it only got even harder to collect all the items within reason without a huge gold sink or many hours put in almost every day for entirety of the month.
Edited by Omegal on 1/6/2012 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
01/06/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Kaivax
January's Darkmoon Faire will come to a conclusion on Saturday, Jan. 7 at midnight. The faire will return again on Feb. 1, as planned.

Typo. You mean it will return on Sunday, Feb. 5th?
Edited by Trazgul on 1/6/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1. This was a bug that is being hotfixed. A character that is not level-appropriate for a dungeon should not get Monstrous Egg, Mysterious Grimoire, Imbued Crystal, or Ornate Weapon drops. This is irrespective of whether or not the character has a Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in her bags.

I appreciate the answers, Kaivax, but I can't say that I'm pleased with them.
Edited by Allyriae on 1/6/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]