Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

100 Human Mage
Darkmoon Faire happens twelve times a year, not once a year like most world holiday events. Perhaps relaxing a little would be a good thing for players to do; it would keep your/our blood pressure down.

There's plenty of time to get all the goodies, as I reminded myself last month when I was a little disappointed at the slow rate of Darkmoon Faire ticket accumulation (and after I'd found my old saved tickets had become "tattered"). True, I'm still a bit disgruntled about losses of my achievements and partial achievements at the time of the Cataclysm, but this sort of thing happens, for whatever technical reasons, and I'm getting over it.

I put a lot of time in and spent a fair bit of gold getting artifacts for the achievements and couldn't get A Treatise because none were on the AH and I didn't get any drops before the faire was over. I'm pretty sick at heart to think about trying to get all those again, especially seeing as most of them are 500g per item and the Treatise is going for 20k gold - money I simply don't have. If the drop rate on these wasn't stupidly low, I'd have no issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
heres another issue to fix. auto disband ground in the deathmatch.
Reply Quote
I went to turn in my treatise which was the last one I was missing and was shocked to see no achievements pop up. Checked the achievement pane and to my horror 6 of my previously completed artifacts were greyed out as incomplete. Only the journal, the insignia and the just completed treatise were marked as complete.

I wept.
same here. oh, the pain
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Guess I'll try again after maintenance, but it seems like the Grimoire isn't dropping anymore, or that it's dropping from different things.
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
There is an issue with rolling on it where as long as a person who loots it has a guide, the group loot option allows all 5 to roll on it, even if only 2 in group have a guide. It's allowing people to win and sell an item who didn't even take any part in the darkmoon faire. I hope that's addressed more then anything. Sure the guide is easy to get, but you'd be surprised how many don't have it don't know about it, and still win this item.

The drop rate leaves a lot to be desired too. I actually run a lot of VP and lost city because those are the two heroics that have two bosses that can drop one, all the others are just 1 potential boss. I thought maybe the drop rate would be ok over the span of month between fairs, but it almost seemed like the drop rate was even lower. They sell for 20k on AH because of their rarity and that's insane.

I think a third issue with the treatise is that it does not drop in the new instances, which compounds the drop and roll problems by adding in the problem of players with the ilevel to get into them either only queueing for them for the gear drops or when they queue for random Cataclysm heroic only getting the new ones anyway. The drop rate might conceivably have been OK during the course of the month if the treatise also dropped in the new instances. But it doesn't, and so like you say, it is way too low and results in 20-25k (on my faction/server) quest items.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/01/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Libretto
it took me roughly 15 minutes of aoeing down troggs in deepholm to get 250 trophies, so

Good to know.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Second, and I posted under the bug forums several times without a single response from any blues, but what is the deal with the Darkmoon Tonk and Zeppelin? A lot of the people I know, including myself, have gotten the tonk, learned it, and had it disappear from our pet list upon zoning into a new area. This has been an issue for roughly a month now and still no fix? I've had the Tonk restored about 4 times now with each GM telling me, "Use it after every tuesday reset, because that might fix the problem of the pet being treated as a vehicle and actually disappearing." It's getting rather old, I really like the pet and want to use it but I'm getting fed up of having to see a pet I worked for sit in "GM Ticket Limbo-time."

I am having this issue as well. I opened a ticket yesterday on it but haven't been on. I did all dailies/monthly DM quests last month including a few blue turn ins and could have sworn I bought the tonk. When I started up DM yesterday I went to the pet vendor and noticed I didn't show I had any of the pets and little if non DM tokens so I'm sure I bought something last month or else I'd have at least 90 tokens to start with before I did all the quest turn ins and daily/monthly ones yesterday. currently sitting at 85 so something doesn't add up and I'm pretty sure it's just that I'm missing the tonk that I bought :D
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
01/01/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Resonance
Does the "Test Your Strength" quest fall under the known issues? I discovered upon logging into my rogue who had completed the quest, that the quest had been wiped from his log and the grisly trophies gone (I was planning to turn the quest in today, when the DMF started up again). I checked my mage, who had also completed the quest, and his was still there...

Were you able to pick up the quest again so you can start collecting Grisly Trophies for next month? Or is this a massive oversight by the quest desigenrs that you have to collect all 250 trophies in the first week of every month, else you are screwed for the next month...

I went to the DMF island to check and the questgiver is there with the exclamation point above her head... :( I didn't know it was a week only.

01/01/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Omegal
Grisly Trophies was designed to do it that week, the reason you had a quest left over from last month is you didn't do it last month, but since you turned that one in this week you can't get another one.

I haven't turned in any of the trophies quests. The week-only thing is what I originally thought too when I first found out my rogues trophies/quest had been wiped. But, I checked my mage (who had collected the 250 trophies during the month leading up to this weeks Darkmoon Faire, just like my rogue), and he still had the trophies and the quest. So I'm a bit confused... both my mage and rogue, over the course of December, collected 250 Grisly Trophies for the quest. When I logged onto my rogue, the quest and trophies were gone; but when I logged onto my mage, they were still there and still ready to be turned in. :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
The players at the achievement forum are now reporting that if you do a lowbie dungeon to get items like the Monstrous Egg, the ONLY way to even SEE the item is to have a level appropriate player in said dungeon. A level 85 as it stands isn't even eligible to roll on the items if it drops off, let's say, the Hydromancer in ZF. I haven't had this case, but it's ridiculous if that's what's happening atm.

I was extremely lucky and I prepared for this faire (except for the Treatise, which I got to buy for 5k, so I managed to turn all 9 books in first time, and 7/9 this time since the other 2 are bugged), but if it's going to have to take a level appropriate toon to get the items from each instance, or a lot of gold, Blizzard, I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely ATROCIOUS design to all of this. I'm already trying my tail off to prepare for the NEXT faire because I'm not even sure if you guys will fix this problem in time.

Is there an ETA to having the issues of the adventurer's journal and the captured insignia quests being fixed too? Also, can the Treatise not have such an absurdly low drop rate, because after doing over 30 heroics on 2 tanks + 1 dps toon in one day, and only seeing it drop once, and having people in the group who don't even have the book be eligible to roll on these items, one thing I have to say to all of this:

Blizz, you are succeeding in making the Darkmoon Faire as unfun as you can possibly make it. I'm going to collect all the pets/mounts because I care about my pet/mount total, but give your players a break blizzard, the number of things that have to go right for players in the current system for DMF to obtain tickets outside the quests on the island is just asking to burn players out on what is an otherwise fun place.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The players at the achievement forum are now reporting that if you do a lowbie dungeon to get items like the Monstrous Egg, the ONLY way to even SEE the item is to have a level appropriate player in said dungeon. A level 85 as it stands isn't even eligible to roll on the items if it drops off, let's say, the Hydromancer in ZF. I haven't had this case, but it's ridiculous if that's what's happening atm.

I was extremely lucky and I prepared for this faire (except for the Treatise, which I got to buy for 5k, so I managed to turn all 9 books in first time, and 7/9 this time since the other 2 are bugged), but if it's going to have to take a level appropriate toon to get the items from each instance, or a lot of gold, Blizzard, I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely ATROCIOUS design to all of this. I'm already trying my tail off to prepare for the NEXT faire because I'm not even sure if you guys will fix this problem in time.

Is there an ETA to having the issues of the adventurer's journal and the captured insignia quests being fixed too? Also, can the Treatise not have such an absurdly low drop rate, because after doing over 30 heroics on 2 tanks + 1 dps toon in one day, and only seeing it drop once, and having people in the group who don't even have the book be eligible to roll on these items, one thing I have to say to all of this:

Blizz, you are succeeding in making the Darkmoon Faire as unfun as you can possibly make it. I'm going to collect all the pets/mounts because I care about my pet/mount total, but give your players a break blizzard, the number of things that have to go right for players in the current system for DMF to obtain tickets outside the quests on the island is just asking to burn players out on what is an otherwise fun place.
Last month I got an egg from Zul'farrak on an 85, and a different item from the felguard in Ragefire. Was this changed this month?
Edited by Krestril on 1/2/2012 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Last month I got an egg from Zul'farrak on an 85, and a different item from the felguard in Ragefire. Was this changed this month?

Yup. It was changed this month. Awesome, isn't it?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657430592?page=6#106

So you can see what people over at the achievement forums are reporting. I'm not quite sure why they would make this even more torturous than it already is.
Edited by Vathral on 1/2/2012 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'm a little disappointed to hear that they're making the dropped quest items level appropriate, and do seriously hope they will rethink that.

On the subject though, are we going to see an increase to the tickets we win on the dailies? Because, now that the items are level appropriate and some people don't have the time to run dungeons over and over and over again, winning only 5 tickets a day is absurd and will take people like, 5 months to be able to get a mount.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I'm a little disappointed to hear that they're making the dropped quest items level appropriate, and do seriously hope they will rethink that.

On the subject though, are we going to see an increase to the tickets we win on the dailies? Because, now that the items are level appropriate and some people don't have the time to run dungeons over and over and over again, winning only 5 tickets a day is absurd and will take people like, 5 months to be able to get a mount.

I mean some are posting that it's actually dropping, even as an 85, but that the drop rate is so absurd, you are better off throwing gold at people who got lucky. That isn't fun blizzard, at all. What you guys are doing with these items to encourage dungeon q'ing out of the 85's is not the way to go at all. These items need to be fixed, the whole faire itself needs to be a lot more manageable, because numerous people are being alienated with what is being offered as a source of tickets due to the absurdity + luck required for these items.

Even with all the absurd farming I do a week for all the mounts I still need from raid instances, I have to say that the DMF system in place is too much. I'm doing it because it means I can stop enduring the torture sooner, but its honestly just too much.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I got the imbued crystal of Whitemane in Scarlet M yesterday on my 85.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I should also add, that when I looted it I auto accepted the quest as soon as I looted it without ever clicking the item.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
apparently some rogues thought up a way to glitch the system with looting the fighting token from the battle arena in DMF. Is anyone looking into this? It's not fair to those trying to get the achieve's with theese quest tokens not dropping and nut jobs in the AH trying to #%!* you.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I'm not sure if this has been reported yet or not.

Yesterday my son and I were doing 2v2 arena matches. He is the leader of our team and was the group leader. He was on Darkmoon Island and I was in Stormwind. He would queue us for the battles since he was group leader.

After our third battle, upon exiting the arena my son was disconnected from the server. Upon logging back in, he was unable to queue us up for arena battles. For some reason the servers didn't think that he was on the arena team. (He was the one who purchased and formed the team...)

In looking at the team under his arena window, there were no members listed on the team. My character's screen was displaying the team correctly. He tried to /reload, He exited game and re-entered game, we disbanded our group and reformed, but it wasn't until I had him leave Darkmoon Island that his Arena window began working properly again.

Once off of the island, his window displayed our team properly, and we were able to form a group and queue again for Arena battles.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Please allow us to farm the non-85 artifacts in sub-85 dungeons again. I can see having one 85-only dungeon artifact, but all five of them? Having to fight four other people combined with their low drop-rate one could easily farm heroics all month without getting any of them, let alone all of them. The high ticket cost of all rewards and the preposterously low amount of them awarded from daily quests implies that the Faire is tuned around one character getting the max amount of tickets each time.

Last month I actually enjoyed farming my Crystal/Egg/Weapon/Grimoire out in lower level dungeons. It made me happy to have another reason to run around my beloved Strat and Scholo. But it seems that's been taken away from me. Instead I'm pretty much stuck with the AH. That isn't fun or interactive at all.

If we're really stuck with this way then at least make the artifacts in dungeons drop for everyone in the party the way the raid one does. Possibly raise their drop-rates? Or the pet and mount rewards could be made BoA, to make the tickets that aren't just big gold sinks go farther.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
01/02/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Bitterhope
it took me roughly 15 minutes of aoeing down troggs in deepholm to get 250 trophies, so

Good to know.

You can also kill the converted heroes to the west of Ymirheim they're lvl 80 so much faster and easier to kill.

OT: I hope Blizz reconsiders the way they're handling the DMF right now they're making something that's supposed to be fun totally unfun. If their intention is to have people farm this stuff for months and months on end it's going to backfire and people will stop doing DMF altogether.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]