Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

It doesn't affect me that much (since I just plan on doing the dailies until I'm exalted).

But thanks for letting us know.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The new Darkmoon Faire was a great idea but it's now marred by sloppy execution. I'm not terribly upset, as I know the end result of these bugs and changes will just mean it will take me an extra month or two in order to get the vanity items I want.

It is clear now that Blizzard intended the Faire to be just another big time sink rather than anything genuinely fun now. Last month I enjoyed trying my luck running dungeons trying to get these items. This month there are so many hoops to jump through with the new loot rules (and I suspect new drop rates) that this has become headache inducing.
^ This.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I found the Ornate Weapon for 1k so I got my achievements done (except the death trap arena which I'd have to wait for every single person on my realm to d/c except me when that chest spawns).

So it was rather annoying having to loot/buy 2 of almost everything but it's over for me. Good luck everyone, hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
01/01/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Rlwizard
Our teams are investigating the issue and would like to assure you that we are working hard to solve the issue.

So does this mean we will get credit for the steps we already completed towards Darkmoon Despoiler? I just hope we don't have to loot them again... particularly the PvP ones and A Treatise on Strategy

Yeah I only had one left as well... Big surprise when I looked yesterday and I had to do it all again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/02/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Resonance

Grisly Trophies was designed to do it that week, the reason you had a quest left over from last month is you didn't do it last month, but since you turned that one in this week you can't get another one.

But the quest objective is very easily completed in 7 days time, it seems intended to pick it up at beginning of week and before faire leaves town, turn it in, and repeat next faire. I've already completed mine, like others said, you can go to molten front and complete this in 20-30 min tops. Or any other area where there is just an endless stream of mobs (minus ulduar, i tried it, heh).

Then I offer as feedback that the quest's design is simply retarded.

With less than 100% drop rate and reduced trash in modern instance/raid designs, there's not enough mobs to avoid resorting to pure grinding. Going back to Northrend to 1 shot 400 mobs isn't my idea of fun gameplay.

Your 85. Spend 10 mins in Icecrown killing the Scarlet Guys at the Harbor. Get the 250 you need in 10 mins. Not that hard. If you don't know this by now, time for you to go back to Square 1.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I heard back from bliz on my missing tonk, offhand they don't have any record or the purchase which is odd so I'm waiting to hear back again after providing the day I would have purchased it. Did the math on the # of tickets I have currently vs adding up how many I would have from doing the Dec quests/turn ins + what I've done in January. If I didn't buy a tonk in Dec I would be around 170-180 tickets right now not the 90 I'm currently at so something doesn't add up for sure. I'm either missing the tonk (which is more likely based on other posts I've read here) or my 90 tickets from Dec faire reset to 0 :(
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Please allow us to farm the non-85 artifacts in sub-85 dungeons again. I can see having one 85-only dungeon artifact, but all five of them? Having to fight four other people combined with their low drop-rate one could easily farm heroics all month without getting any of them, let alone all of them. The high ticket cost of all rewards and the preposterously low amount of them awarded from daily quests implies that the Faire is tuned around one character getting the max amount of tickets each time.

Last month I actually enjoyed farming my Crystal/Egg/Weapon/Grimoire out in lower level dungeons. It made me happy to have another reason to run around my beloved Strat and Scholo. But it seems that's been taken away from me. Instead I'm pretty much stuck with the AH. That isn't fun or interactive at all.

If we're really stuck with this way then at least make the artifacts in dungeons drop for everyone in the party the way the raid one does. Possibly raise their drop-rates? Or the pet and mount rewards could be made BoA, to make the tickets that aren't just big gold sinks go farther.
I would suggest keeping the droprate on the artifacts low, but allowing everyone with the manual to loot it off the boss, rather than having it be something that only one person walks away with. It would be the easiest way to fix the issue of those without the manual rolling on the artifacts I think, and would still keep the number of artifacts in circulation low while also making it viable to farm your own. The only major possible exploit I see is someone running lowbie dungeons with four other accounts to farm the items en masse. But with five accounts to support already, I'm not sure that's going to be a problem. With this method I could also see players complaining that they actually have to click on the mob to get the loot, but meh, this is something in addition to the standard loot drops.

The alternative option would be to leave it as rollable loot that only one person can win, but increase the drop rates dramatically. But then a solution to players without manuals rolling on the loot needs to be found, which may or may not be more difficult. Additionally, if drop rates are increased dramatically, then farming lowbie instances should probably be cut out as it would be much easier to exploit. Just my thoughts... :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
01/02/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Nerdraging
It is confirmed that it must be level-appropriate. I ran with a level -appropriate instance with an 85. Neither of us had completed the Grimoire quest. I could loot the Grimoire, and the 85 could not.

Thanks for adding this info. I started wondering when my two 85s had each done Stockades 20 times and nothing dropped.

I'm very angry about this change since I don't have any low level chars and have no recourse but to be gouged by rediculous AH prices to get these. How is that in any way supposed to be enjoyable? Actually the low drop rate on these make this a horrid aspect of DMF and at this point I just want my achievements restored to the progress I had last month which likely cannot be done due to lack of tracking. If these could be easily re-farmed I wouldn't mind as much but now being barred because of max level makes the progress loss doubly impacting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
All these problems better be bugs and not nerfs.

I want my achievement back, I want to be able to solo farm the quest items, and I want a higher drop rate on the Treatise or it removed from being a raid only item.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
All these problems better be bugs and not nerfs.

I want my achievement back, I want to be able to solo farm the quest items, and I want a higher drop rate on the Treatise or it removed from being a raid only item.

The treatise is actually the heroic level 85 dungeon item, the raid item is far easier to obtain. I agree with increasing the drop rates. I also think everyone on the quest should just get it if it drops vs having to roll against everyone even if they don't have the guide.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Then I offer as feedback that the quest's design is simply retarded.

With less than 100% drop rate and reduced trash in modern instance/raid designs, there's not enough mobs to avoid resorting to pure grinding. Going back to Northrend to 1 shot 400 mobs isn't my idea of fun gameplay.

Your 85. Spend 10 mins in Icecrown killing the Scarlet Guys at the Harbor. Get the 250 you need in 10 mins. Not that hard. If you don't know this by now, time for you to go back to Square 1.

Did you not read the last sentence in my post? Of course I knew to go back to Northrend, and I'm annoyed by the boring "gameplay" that ensued.
Reply Quote
Do the items even drop in heroic dungeons other than the Treatise? That's what I've been running and I haven't seen a single item drop. Do I really have to go run normal 85 dungeons to get these?

The drop rate on the items is just stupid. Seriously, it's vanity stuff that's going to take months to get even if they were guaranteed drops from specific bosses. This miniscule drop rate is just ridiculous and makes the whole thing very unappealing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The tone of Bashiok's post regarding the ease of obtaining tickets leads me to believe this is something they either didn't mean to happen and its all bugged, or its something they decided sometime between his post and this months faire.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=25#485
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/02/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Utta
The drop rate on the items is just stupid. Seriously, it's vanity stuff that's going to take months to get even if they were guaranteed drops from specific bosses. This miniscule drop rate is just ridiculous and makes the whole thing very unappealing.

Completely.

If this is 'working as intended', it's content that I won't participate in.
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Bluefin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=25#485

Oh my... so that likely does mean the dungeon ones do NOT drop in heroics then? So if we want them, we have to go grind level 85 regular dungeons?

That is so... not fun.
Reply Quote
K i tried to scan the pages and I apologize if this has been adressed but.
Question.
Has anybody had issues looting the DMF items in pvp?
It's shown me looting like 5 of the things, but they won't appear in my bags :(

Yeah, I haven't received any despite looting quite a few corpses. I'm actually wondering if the items themselves aren't outright bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
K i tried to scan the pages and I apologize if this has been adressed but.
Question.
Has anybody had issues looting the DMF items in pvp?
It's shown me looting like 5 of the things, but they won't appear in my bags :(

I had two and three of each that I looted between faires but haven't looted one since. Ive been doing a fair amount of BGs as well over the last two days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]