Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

Make sure to check the AH. I just got all three PVP items for under 200G total and got the achievement. I guess others are having a lot better luck than I am.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'm having the "Can't accept the Journal and Insignia quest because I did them last month" problem as well. That, and I too am upset over the level-appropriate change and abysmal drop rates.

****But I also had an odd little twist that I'm putting here for posterity. Those were the only two I had problems with, at first. I did all nine last month and got the achievement. Then I got them all again this month and noticed the problem with the two items. I accepted all the other seven quests, including the Banner. But when I went to Darkmoon Island and turned in all the quest I could, I noticed that I was no longer on the Banner quest. I hadn't turned it in, the item was still in my bag, but I wasn't on the quest any longer. And when I tried to use the item again, it gave me the same "You have completed that quest" message.***
EDIT: Upon closer inspection, I think I may have actually turned in the banner quest and not realized it. My ticket total, and my recollection that I'm pretty sure I turned in five quests to Paleo (he has seven, and I KNOW that two of them are the Journal and Insignia. That just leaves five, including the banner) seem to suggest I did.
Edited by Drahken on 1/3/2012 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
01/01/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Omegal
So they will be making the quests able to be done once each month, was wondering whats the point of hanging onto them for the following month when i try to accept them again it says i have done it.

Like any limited amount quest you pick up from an npc, if you hold it, and turn it in late, it counts toward when you turned it in, not when you picked it up. So if you turn it in next fair, you will not be able to pick it up again during the same fair. it is the same with any daily quest (only daily instead of monthly). If you do not complete a daily until following day, and turn it in following day, you cannot grab that same daily again that day because it was already completed.

None of the weekly quests were meant to be held and done all month. Not if you want to complete it every month. They are intended to be completed during the duration of the fair. If you do not complete it during the current fair and you can hold it until next, then it'll be marked complete for that fair and you won't be able to acquire another one until the following fair. That's working as intended.

The only thing that's bugged are achievement criteria credit being forgotten, and some item turn-in quests not resetting when this faire started.

So I'm expected to grind lowbie mobs as a healer to do this quest in 7 days each month? Just playing a normal play style for some, I'm sure they get it done fairly fast. I don't know if being a healer throws it off, but man, it took me a whole month of just doing dungeons to get the 250.

Still highly lame. >>
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You know, this is starting to annoy me. I managed to get the full 145 last month, though sheer luck.

But despite having TWO 85s that max out on VP each week, PLUS 2-3 other 85s who do dungeon runs to get VP I have YET to see a treaty drop again.

Also saw my first egg today, which I lost. Yet I was the only one with said book. (Was in one of the new Hs.)

I'm sorry but it was hard enough getting the full 145 LAST month when I could spend hours farming the items. (It took me over 4 hrs of runs to get the stuiped egg)

NOW I need to run Hs, pray it drops, and win against 4 people who may, or may not even care about the DMF.

Basically we're down to realistically getting the 5/day from games, and the ones for skills. Oh, and the 250 trophy one.

The PvP ones, which ALSO have abysmal drops, are broken (Seriously I was lucky to get one every 3 or 4 BGs.)

The low ticket drop from the fair itself was bearable when the quests were possible. But now the quests are near impossible without insane luck, both on the RNG front, AND on the roll front.

And this is comming from someone who did get the swift planestrider mount. Which means it will be another 2 months before I can get the bear, ASSUMING I can get enough tickets this month and next. Which thanks to all these changes is looking less and less likely.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm really feeling like this is one huge ripoff/flustercluck.

Come on, guys. A number of us complained about the rate at which we could obtain Darkmoon Prize Tickets -- we were told it was calculated correctly and that you thought it was reasonable for us to get close to 145 a month. Forget that we'd have to roll on the dungeon loot drops and whatnot.

Now, we find out that the code is actually BROKEN and we can't even turn in loot drops for this month?

How's this for messed up? I have the Darkmoon Defender achievement from December 7, 2011. This requires that I turn in all three PvP drops. Well, I don't have the Darkmoon Desploiter achievement -- because of course I don't have A Treatise on Strategy like everyone else, but it also says I don't have Banner of the Fallen yet. Yes, I have two achievements that are contradicting each other!

So... how do you suggest to fix this? We can't turn in these dungeon drops this month. Considering each of these are worth 10 tickets and make up a big bulk of what we can obtain in a month, I think this is a serious rip-off.

Not only do we want to see this fixed; we'd like to know how we can make up for the lost month.

NOT happy about this. Sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
PS: An idea I'd suggested last month was to change things so that you can purchase items based on your reputation with Darkmoon Faire. You earn rep by doing the dailies and turning in dungeon drops. This still encourages people to do the dailies. You can purchase different items based on your reputation, with the best items being reserved for exalted rep only. The Darkmoon Faire tabards are one of the best designed in the entire game; you should sell these like other tabards and allow us to get ore rep for DMF by wearing them in dungeons, as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
01/03/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Teniblue
PS: An idea I'd suggested last month was to change things so that you can purchase items based on your reputation with Darkmoon Faire. You earn rep by doing the dailies and turning in dungeon drops. This still encourages people to do the dailies. You can purchase different items based on your reputation, with the best items being reserved for exalted rep only. The Darkmoon Faire tabards are one of the best designed in the entire game; you should sell these like other tabards and allow us to get ore rep for DMF by wearing them in dungeons, as well.

I'm exalted already so I can buy anything available and be done and not have to do it ever again..... which contradicts the point of the Faire which is to provide a semi long term goal of things to purchase.

This won't happen. They just need to fix the achievements and handins asap, allow level 85s to farm the lower level items again, and let everyone who has the Guide to loot the artifacts off the body in the heroic 5 man to deflate the overpriced A Treatise. It works this way for the raid item, it should work the same for the heroic 5 man.

Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
01/03/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Elm

I'm exalted already so I can buy anything available and be done and not have to do it ever again..... which contradicts the point of the Faire which is to provide a semi long term goal of things to purchase.

This won't happen. They just need to fix the achievements and handins asap, allow level 85s to farm the lower level items again, and let everyone who has the Guide to loot the artifacts off the body in the heroic 5 man to deflate the overpriced A Treatise. It works this way for the raid item, it should work the same for the heroic 5 man.

This.

It worked out fine last month. Bashiok even said it was working fine. Not sure why they nerfed it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
those who lost the credit for what they have done, are they going to give up the credit for those again?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For those frustrated with the 250 trophies needed for Test Your Strength - you may want to hit up Well of Eternity. With the insane amount of adds that show up on the last boss, I was able to get 50-75 trophies per run as a healer. Between a few dungeon runs and my regular dailies, I was able to easily get the 250 requirement within the first day. No point in grinding in Icecrown if you can find a good place to get credit while maxing out your VP. :)
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Death Knight
Have they nerfed the fishing nodes as well? Last month, there were nodes to be found even with competition as rough as it is. I was on this morning and couldn't find a single one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I farmed up about 20 in 20 minutes or so this morning, so I would say they are fine.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
So I'm expected to grind lowbie mobs as a healer to do this quest in 7 days each month? Just playing a normal play style for some, I'm sure they get it done fairly fast. I don't know if being a healer throws it off, but man, it took me a whole month of just doing dungeons to get the 250.

@Meia. You don't actually have to do the kills yourself far as i could tell any party member killing a mob near you works. I did this grouped up and any time a mob was killed by a party member it had a chance to generate a throphie for me. This didn't seem to apply to raid members who weren't in the same party though but i maybe i didn't do enough testing on that. But as a healer you can just grab a friend or two and if anything your healing will make it go that much faster because then they can pull hordes and hordes of mobs while you heal them and collect trophies doing it that way :)
Edited by Omegal on 1/3/2012 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Will this be addressed today? If not, will the DMF be extended?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No fix for the monthly quest starters this morning? Any idea when it will be fixed? Before the end of this faire?
Edited by Stellan on 1/3/2012 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Blizz/Blue, please update us on the status of this problem. There's really no reason this shouldn't be hot-fixed before the end of this months faire.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I kind of expected this fix to go live today. Now I'm starting to be concerned that we won't see one within the duration of the faire. In which case, good job. Minus ten tickets for the insignia and the journal being bugged means you've added another month until I can get my bear (since Treatise is effectively unobtainable. Thanks for that too).

If that's the case then so be it. But a status update would take one of your staff all of two minutes to post and would go a long way towards letting us know what (if anything) we should expect on this front.

As long as we're complaining about the faire I'd like to point out how spectacularly stupid it is that characters who handed in the pre 4.3 version of "The Darkmoon Faire" quest (the one that awarded you with 5 tickets) being unable to accept the new version of the same quest is a total slap in the face.

What this means is that those of us who have been around and have shown interest in the Darkmoon Faire prior to the revamp (i.e. older customers) are permanently behind by five tickets for literally no reason.

I don't even think this is intended. Because this breadcrumb quest into the Faire now is supposed to be where you get your Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide from. When you get one manually from the NPC at the gate the dialogue implies you're replacing a lost one. This is either an oversight or just flatly stupid. But either way it should be updated.

But again you don't care enough to grace us with an answer to as tell us what the situation is, which bugs are being looked at, or which of the new issues cropping up this month are intended. Any support ticket made that mentions the Faire even vaguely is met with a canned answer linking to this thread.

BUT THIS THREAD PROVIDES NO INFORMATION.

Yer killin' me, Blizz.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Blizz/Blue, please update us on the status of this problem. There's really no reason this shouldn't be hot-fixed before the end of this months faire.

Thanks.

Playing since beginning of Vanilla, it's stuff like this and lack of ongoing communication to the Community that makes it tougher and tougher to hang on to the game.

I'm in the same boat as many here, who have some things reset and others not reset, and currently unwilling to turn anything in, such as the Treatise in my bags atm, without having to worry whether it will count ...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/03/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Ereshkigäl
and currently unwilling to turn anything in, such as the Treatise in my bags atm

I'm doing the same. I won't turn in any until I have them all at the same time or until it is fixed. The treatise is the elusive one for me. I think the ONE time someone ever auctioned it on Mag, my sis-in-law was the lucky buyout. She loves her new strider.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]