Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

90 Undead Mage
Blizz/Blue, please update us on the status of this problem. There's really no reason this shouldn't be hot-fixed before the end of this months faire.

Thanks.

This exactly, I was expecting the issue to be solved or at least an update on whether or not this will be fixed before it ends this month. The only blizz post so far is the first post. =(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I guess it's lucky I managed to get the treaty last month, as I have all 3 turn in achievements still.

But frankly the math that the blues have been pushing HAS To be re-examined if they're nerfing the drops on quest items like this. There is no way anyone is going to get 150 per month with the drop rate/roll mess that's going on.

I'd acept the math when you could solo farm 5 of the 9 items, and 1 was a gaunteeded drop, AND all were repeatable.

But now, we loost 2 quests because they're broken.
Without spending a fortune people will be lucky to have 1-2 dungon drops
The raid is in fact the easiest to get now a days.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Death Knight
Why can't there be rides at the fair. Like a roller coster and etc. It would make the fair more fun and i would enjoy it and go to it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Is the other bug where characters who did the DMF before 4.3 don't get the 5 ticket welcome quest ever going to be addressed?

Or is that just swept under the rug with a shrug of your shoulders?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Is the other bug where characters who did the DMF before 4.3 don't get the 5 ticket welcome quest ever going to be addressed?

Just because a bug isn't being fixed right now right this instant immediately doesn't mean it is being ignored. It isn't like Blizzard has a button that says "solution" and they simply need to press it to make it happen. Seriously just stop it with posts like these as they are not constructive and aren't helping Blizzard pin down any causes of these issues.
Well you know this was in the PTR for quite a long time. One has to wonder why this didn't show up before? Doesn't Blizzard understand its own code?
Reply Quote
Yeah I had several of my Darkmoon achievements and item turn in's reset on all my characters which sucks because those items can be hard to come by sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

Just because a bug isn't being fixed right now right this instant immediately doesn't mean it is being ignored. It isn't like Blizzard has a button that says "solution" and they simply need to press it to make it happen. Seriously just stop it with posts like these as they are not constructive and aren't helping Blizzard pin down any causes of these issues.

The issue is in part the bug, but more importantly the lack of communication. In any industry or field, the lack of communication when there are problems is not really acceptable. Bad news or how about simple honesty re: the status of the problem is preferable to just closing the door on the Community.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Actually some people want to know if some changes are 'fixes' or if they're also bugs. They addressed the issue of 2 quests not being repetable.

But they haven't addressed the issues of how scares the book quest items are now, and if there's plans to fix it or not.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

The issue is in part the bug, but more importantly the lack of communication. In any industry or field, the lack of communication when there are problems is not really acceptable. Bad news or how about simple honesty re: the status of the problem is preferable to just closing the door on the Community.

Blizzard has already addressed this by making this sticky and saying they are working on resolving it. Unless they have a fix in mind or one is incoming there really isn't much more that needs to be said. Blizzard doesn't need to hold your hand and keep telling you it is going to be ok over and over and over.

No one is asking for constant status updates. It's just that we're rapidly approaching Day 4 of the Faire with absolutely no response.

4.3.2 is going up on the Test Realms now. Is this our intended bug fix patch? We don't know. Can we expect a fix within the week? I'm sure they, internally, have a good idea if they can or can't manage this. I don't think it unreasonable to want a small degree of insight here considering the event is time sensitive.
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Xanzul
Blizzard has already addressed this by making this sticky and saying they are working on resolving it. Unless they have a fix in mind or one is incoming there really isn't much more that needs to be said. Blizzard doesn't need to hold your hand and keep telling you it is going to be ok over and over and over.

No, actually they HAVEN'T addressed anything with the sticky here specifically. The wording of their post was "We are aware of issues affecting the Darkmoon Faire,..." which does not mention any particular issue. It is a general statement of 'there is a problem and we're looking into it', but isn't clearly identifying ANY of the problems. People have been posting in this thread all of the different problems they are encountering, my guess is hoping that each and every one will be looked into and addressed, INCLUDING the prior Faire attendees not getting 5 new tickets that you were basically telling someone to shut up about.

But all this time we have heard nothing from Blizzard, other than a sticky stating that there are "issues". I can understand with the holiday weekend that a lot of people that would usually be looking into this might not have been in the office and thus unable to look at any of this. I have no personal idea as to what the schedule is at Blizzard for this week. But that this point we have heard nothing more than an acknowledgement that there is something wrong without any SPECIFICS as to which issues are being looked at, what is working as intended vs last month where it was broken (like the level-appropriate aspect), and what is something that is a known issue but won't be easily solved soon (guessing the prior Faire issue falls into this). It has been over 60hrs since this event started and tickets began rolling in (I opened one by 1am on the first day). We have now had what presumably was a full work day from the regular staff and no update has been made to this thread, the one that GM's are pointing anyone with a DMF ticket to. To a lot of people complaining in here THAT is as much an issue as the problems within the game. We open a ticket with the customer support group like we should, they direct us here and change the status to Answered, as well as the Breaking News portion of our Battle.net accounts stating "Please keep an eye on our forum thread, (this thread), for more information and updates." See that? Information and updates. They told us to come here. There is nothing after all this time. No information other than what the players have put here. No updates. I see what you're saying about Blizz not needing to tell us over and over that it will be OK, but they haven't told us ANYthing yet when everywhere else they are telling us this is where information and updates are.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

My guess, on this particular bug: Finding it is no problem—they know their code and what it does and likely exactly what caused this problem—but deciding what to do about it, particularly the achievements that have been wiped clean, is more complicated. I.e., they might easily be able to turn "on" those two items for next month's DMF, but fixing it so those who have already supposedly "done" those quests can do it now might require a bit of new code for the fix. Especially because they would need to determine who had done it last month vs those who actually really did them for the first time this month. Same w/ partial achieves: may need to devise a way to detect who have had their partial achieves wiped and who hadn't, and how to restore that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm surprised this wasn't fixed during the restarts today.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
people keep saying 2 items are bugged, but i cant turn in FOUR items that i have last month.
this really sucks. make the companions boa then ¬.¬
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Did they lower the drop rate on things like the Ornate Weapon? I've been farming it a while and haven't seen it... Or is it bugged and not dropping at all?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
01/03/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Rixus
Did they lower the drop rate on things like the Ornate Weapon? I've been farming it a while and haven't seen it... Or is it bugged and not dropping at all?

From my understanding they only drop in "level appropriate" dungeons. So if you've been farming the lower level ones, you wouldn't see it drop.

Which means you have to run all the early Cata instances and /roll against 4 other people.

If this is the case Bashioks reply that it was easy to get 145 tickets each month was an exaggeration.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/03/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Bluefin

From my understanding they only drop in "level appropriate" dungeons. So if you've been farming the lower level ones, you wouldn't see it drop.

Which means you have to run all the early Cata instances and /roll against 4 other people.

If this is the case Bashioks reply that it was easy to get 145 tickets each month was an exaggeration.

Ugh, yeah I just read that on page 3 or something. Dammit, that's crap. I don't want to run a whole bunch of dungeons I don't need so I can roll against 4 people for a few tickets. This is bull.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Actually some people want to know if some changes are 'fixes' or if they're also bugs. They addressed the issue of 2 quests not being repetable.

But they haven't addressed the issues of how scares the book quest items are now, and if there's plans to fix it or not.
I have a bunch of the quest starters on one toon and none of them are repeatable. Its not just one or two of them.
Edited by Stellan on 1/3/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]