Kindle fire

85 Orc Warrior
Worth buying? I was thinking about getting it before Christmas a bit, but it figures AFTER Christmas, I'm incredibly more interested.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/28/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Morol
It's nice, but has some DRM issues that may be a pain in the !@#, take a look at the Nook Color or Nook Tablet, they are just as nice, plus they are very hacker friendly.

Loving my NTab :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I heard it has a lot of issues, not a clue about specifics but thats what I was told
Reply Quote
I'm loving mine. So if it means anything, I'd go for it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I went ahead and got it, and I really cannot set it down. :). Very happy with it.
Reply Quote
12/28/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Morol
It's nice, but has some DRM issues that may be a pain in the !@#, take a look at the Nook Color or Nook Tablet, they are just as nice, plus they are very hacker friendly.

Wouldnt being hacker friendly be a bad thing ? :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
i enjoy mine, the netflix app is still bugged though (audio is out of sync on everything) so if that is one of the main reasons why you're getting I would wait, but if you're just getting to read ebooks and comics along with doing some basic web browsing it's a good deal. i haven't ran into any DRM issues, assuming youre getting your books off amazon everything is saved to its cloud and/or locally it's up to you, plus there's enough free converters out there if you ever should have to get around something you own.

edit: seems like netflix released a patch recently, audio is much better now
Edited by Tin on 1/7/2012 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I love my kindle fire just hope they make a wowarmory app for it soon would be a very nice touch or maybe they r already working on it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It really depends on what you are wanting to do with it. As an all in one multimedia tablet, I found it was great for the purposes it served. However, in my experience, as time went on I used it less and less for personal reasons. I have a PC, laptop, cell phone, and a TV with HDMI hook up. I realized that, as great as the Fire was at handling functions all of these served to an extent, I didn't need it nor did I enjoy it to serve my primary focus: Reading. Hence why I sold it and bought me the Kindle Paperwhite to read on while my other devices can handle everything else.

TLDR: My two cents, buy the Fire if you feel you will get use of out its features. If you plan on using it for mostly reading (namely novels), I am personally having a much more pleasant time reading on my normal Kindle e-reader.
Edited by Entensity on 12/27/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I see that you got one, but I guess I felt like posting here, anyhow. I find e-readers very exciting for some reason. :o

If you want something that can watch movies and run apps/games, it's definitely worth getting. If you just want to read, go for the Paperwhite. I got a Kindle Fire for my partner for Christmas, and she loves it. I'm jealous of it. I use it to read when she's asleep. I love being able to buy a book from my bedroom at 1AM. :]
Edited by Chunk on 1/8/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I use my Kindle Fire for a lot of things...

Reading books,

Watching movies and TV shows

surfing the Web and checking email.

I have not bought a printed book in quite some time.
Reply Quote
25 Human Paladin
01/05/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Oshez

Wouldnt being hacker friendly be a bad thing ? :)

Not in this case. It just means that YOU can hack the Nook, not some internet hacker.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
What's it like for comics? Is the screen big enough?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I love my kindle fire just hope they make a wowarmory app for it soon would be a very nice touch or maybe they r already working on it

I actually got the WoW armory app to work on mine. Forget exactly how though :(.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]