Shale spider as BM pvp pet?

85 Human Hunter
Anyone using one of these for pvp?

http://www.wowhead.com/pet=55/shale-spider

The 3 second ranged stun is 1 second longer than the stun you get from comparable non-exotic pets like a bat. And the pet provides a buff that duplicates blessing of kings/mark of the wild so if you're on an arena team with no druid or pally you can use it to provide the buff.

The one downside I can see is that I assume that stun would put initimidation stun on DR for 20 seconds or whatever. But overall it looks good- anyone have experience with this pet in pvp? I'm thinking I'll likely use it as my main pet in MoP when I'll discard intimidation for silencing shot when it (along with readiness) becomes available to BM.
Edited by Arrowset on 12/27/2011 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Imo shale spiders are very good in pvp especially when your not with a paladin or druid its stun also is useful and has roar of sacrifice and intervene incase your getting beat on.

Shale spiders #1!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Jadefang looks tempting...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I use my shale spider a great deal in PVP - her stun is great and then add Intimidation and i can "tie up" your opponet for even longer
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Keltir
Jadefang looks tempting...

I tamed Jadefang for ego reasons lol, but all in all when done he is still a shale spider with same abilities..but cool to have lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
12/27/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Layinda
I use my shale spider a great deal in PVP - her stun is great and then add Intimidation and i can "tie up" your opponet for even longer

Is intimidation on DR if you use it right after the spider stun? If not, that would be really powerful.

I love having pet abilities that make your opponent lose control of his character. Say a rogue cheapshots you and pops shadow dance. You spider stun him. He trinkets. Oh snap, here's an intimidation for you, Mr. Rogue! Pop deterrence right before intimidation ends and dismiss your shale spider and summon a monkey. Oh, got something in your eye, Mr. Rogue?

Good times and more fun than just healing yourself with a spirit beast.
Edited by Arrowset on 12/27/2011 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Arrowset

Is intimidation on DR if you use it right after the spider stun? If not, that would be really powerful.

Intimadation is a talen on BM specs and yes i try and use it after my pet stun wears off. Course u can use they ability with any pet when active BM spec
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Arrowset

I love having pet abilities that make your opponent lose control of his character. Say a rogue cheapshots you and pops shadow dance. You spider stun him. He trinkets. Oh snap, here's an intimidation for you, Mr. Rogue! Pop deterrence right before intimidation ends and dismiss your shale spider and summon a monkey. Oh, got something in your eye, Mr. Rogue?

Good times and more fun than just healing yourself with a spirit beast.

LOL love it!!! i need to use my monkey more it seems
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter

Intimadation is a talen on BM specs and yes i try and use it after my pet stun wears off. Course u can use they ability with any pet when active BM spec

Yes, I know what intimidation is, but I was wondering whether it shares diminishing returns with the spider stun since they are both stuns. That is, if you intimidate right after spider stunning, does the intimidation only last half as long as it normally does because it shares dr with the spider stun?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Yes, I know what intimidation is, but I was wondering whether it shares diminishing returns with the spider stun since they are both stuns. That is, if you intimidate right after spider stunning, does the intimidation only last half as long as it normally does because it shares dr with the spider stun?

Ahhh got it..sorry. no it works as seperatly but in pvp the DR is about 3 sec in pvp
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Pet stuns (does not included Monkey Bad Manners) share DR with Intimidation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I find the 2nd stun extreamly helpful in 2's with me and my priest.

Shale Spider is helpful when you are being opened on with a rogue or druid and can ice trap them and get some distance before attacking back.

I agree Shale Spider #1
Edited by Pebz on 12/27/2011 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i cant let spirit beasts go for bm pvp. the hot is just too good. the damage difference is noticeable as well. i have tried the shale spider and that extra cc might make a big difference in 2s and 3s, to clutch a kill, but for random bgs where bm is really at its best, the survivability and burst from spirit beast is ftw imho.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
12/27/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Ilke
i cant let spirit beasts go for bm pvp. the hot is just too good. the damage difference is noticeable as well. i have tried the shale spider and that extra cc might make a big difference in 2s and 3s, to clutch a kill, but for random bgs where bm is really at its best, the survivability and burst from spirit beast is ftw imho.

Yeah, I agree that the spirit mend heal is really powerful, I just don't enjoy using it that much. Over the course of a bg, you'll get more benefit from the spirit mend than the pet stun in all likelihood. But for me the fun of being a hunter is in owning people 1v1, and I simply hate just having to sit there and tank damage 1v1 while I'm stunned. It also feels more skillful to use a pet stun or blind at just the right time. You could probably just macro spirit mend to deterrence, disengage or some other defensive ability and do just fine. But that obviously takes no skill.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
12/27/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Kreauxm
Pet stuns (does not included Monkey Bad Manners) share DR with Intimidation.

Bummer. I assume that most BM pvp hunters will take silencing shot over intimidation in MoP, however, and the spider stun should be gold then. It's still really good now even with the dr issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]