Fangs of the Father Progression

90 Worgen Rogue
Idea is simple, trying to see how far along everyone is on the progression twards their daggers (i.e. Quest, Gems collected, ect). Ill update as people post. If you need the ring, send a ingame message to me and I can see what i can do.

Elvymir - Cluster Clutch, 201 Shadowy Gems
Edited by Elvymir on 12/29/2011 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Ealylol - whatever that quest is called, 4/60 Clusters
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Id prefer if people replying to thread were from the server. Being this is the Kael'thas server, i dont see how a person from Garrosh really needs to be replying to this :)

That and people who are legit about working for their daggers, not ones who server transfer and beat the system :)
Edited by Elvymir on 12/29/2011 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
i dont think he cheated the system. i think hes just in a badass 25man guild and hes the only one getting gems
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ealy counts!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
While it makes sense that you should raid for gear that is technically PVE...I wish there was another way :(
Edited by Prodiro on 12/30/2011 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
12/29/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Modsun
i dont think he cheated the system. i think hes just in a badass 25man guild and hes the only one getting gems

Really, im the only one getting gems, both 10 and 25 man drop same amount of gems, yet some how he is 2-3 weeks ahead. Just like the rogue on MMO-Champ. Hes server/faction transferred to reset his raid lock out and cheat the system.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
12/30/2011 09:39 AMPosted by Elvymir

Really, im the only one getting gems, both 10 and 25 man drop same amount of gems, yet some how he is 2-3 weeks ahead. Just like the rogue on MMO-Champ. Hes server/faction transferred to reset his raid lock out and cheat the system.

2/60

He's not cheating. I actually missed out on 4 gems because I couldn't do the quest mid raid as they needed me in raid. I did it as soon as the raid ended and enjoyed it thoroughly.

So in essence I could've been 6/60. Besides that, the drop rate is random. I could get 1 gem or 3 gems from any boss. It's sad how much luck based it is. Even after the gem drop rate being random each gem is random in that you can get anywhere from 4-9 shards from it. My average was slightly below 6/gem.

All that being said, he is not on the server, you are right.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
This is not making sense what so ever, i have not missed a single raid or boss so how am i 130 gems behind in progression compared to everyone else. We didnt start progression late. We have been clearing steadily. The numbers dont make sense.

Hmm end result seems to be, oh wait, I didnt faction transfer to reset my raid lock out..

Lets say someone was lucky enough to get 72 gems per lock out, 8 boss, 9 gems per cluster. Thats 8 * 9 = 72
333 / 72 = 4.6 weeks

Now lets say we have an average of 6 from every boss.
8 * 6 = 48
333 / 48 = 6.9 weeks

Well the patch hasnt been out for 6, almost 7 weeks, and i doubt RNG has been that generous to drop 9 from every boss, so something is not right...
Edited by Elvymir on 12/30/2011 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
This is making no sense what so ever, i have not missed a single raid or boss so how am i 130 gems behind in progression compared to everyone else. We didnt start progression late. We have been clearing steadily. The numbers dont make sense.

Hmm end result seems to be, oh wait, I didnt faction transfer to reset my raid lock out..

You think I faction transferred? I don't care nearly enough about loot to spend real money for obtaining it sooner. I actually advocated that a different rogue get the legendary in OOB.

The problem is that 10 man does NOT drop the same amount as 25 man. in 10 man it is 1-2, in 25 man it's 2-3.
Now on the heroic side, there is no difference between heroic and normal.

So yes, he didn't cheat and I KNOW I didn't cheat because I couldn't be bothered to do so. I have other things to waste money on.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
[quote] The problem is that 10 man does NOT drop the same amount as 25 man. in 10 man it is 1-2, in 25 man it's 2-3.

Actually they do, i have been averaging any where from 3 - 8 per boss. They balanced the drop rates for both 10 and 25 man.
Edited by Elvymir on 12/30/2011 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
There is something wrong with your math

12/30/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Elvymir
Actually they do, i have been averaging any where from 3 - 8 per boss. They balanced the drop rates for both 10 and 25 man.

Can you point to a source that they were balanced. All tracking indicates that 10 man is 1-2 (possibly just 1 period) and 25 man is 1-3.

Wowhead has many people confirming my stated drop rate. As does the mmo F.A.Q. post (which is edited according to people's observations).

The short of it is that NO ONE IS CHEATING. You have to realize that. The next thing to realize is that the drop rate is evidently different for 25 mans because you are at least a third to a half way behind 25 man. Which is actually BETTER than Blizzards stated goal of 1:2 ratio.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
[quote] The problem is that 10 man does NOT drop the same amount as 25 man. in 10 man it is 1-2, in 25 man it's 2-3.

Actually after re-reading you are talking about Shadowy Gem, while I'm talking about Elementium Gem Cluster.
And you should be getting 4-9. If you've ever gotten 3 screenshot it and post on Wowhead because no one has ever heard of people getting 3 Shadowy Gem out of one Elementium Gem Cluster.
Edited by Altronix on 12/30/2011 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue

Pulled three out multiple times the first two weeks, 3 the week of 12/14, 3 out the week of 12/20 and nothing this week.
Edited by Elvymir on 12/30/2011 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
well, just got home from work, and I am from this server, just not this toon <.<

<3 brunch

Pretty hard to believe i cheated the system when i lvl'd this toon from scratch on that server like a month before 4.3... <.< (I also wouldn't waste more IRL money than my monthly sub just to get more orange pixels in 1 week.)

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The entire systen is based on total rng. Therefore it is impossible to "race". Most High end rogues on each server will get one (At least the top 10) so why does it matter?

Also, why are you playing assasination?
Reply Quote
Brykolanas: Sub/Com
Cluster Clutch - 99 Shadowy Gems
Reply Quote

Actually after re-reading you are talking about Shadowy Gem, while I'm talking about Elementium Gem Cluster.
And you should be getting 4-9. If you've ever gotten 3 screenshot it and post on Wowhead because no one has ever heard of people getting 3 Shadowy Gem out of one Elementium Gem Cluster.

I got three twice in my last lockout.

I swear to God in Heaven above. Three gems. TeamSpeak was forced to mute me for the vehemence after Yor'sahj and Ultraxion.

Edit: Unfortunately, I did not think to screenshot it, as I was under the impression that three was a normal spread. 3-9, it's supposed to be, right?
Edited by Moonbabÿ on 1/17/2012 6:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
I never received 3. I had 4-9. With my average being a shade under 6. Something like 5.85/gem.

I'm at 25/60 now with a lot of gems left on the table. But no hurry, legendaries don't matter.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
01/17/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Altronix
But no hurry, legendaries don't matter.

Umm, we need you to carry us to 2400 with your legendary thank you very much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]