OCCUPY: Dalaran

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Horde and Alliance, my brothers and sisters!
A heinous crime hath been committed! Not by the great business deity Blizzard itself and it's mighty council... But ourselves. Dalaran, yes... I remember those long summer days, the laughter of both Horde and Alliance alike drifting softly upon the midsummer breeze. The magneta paved streets, the great and elegant towers that breached the very heavens, the soft ambience and in contrast it's underground fight clubs where only the grittiest of Azeroth's warriors contested their strength and wits. This was truly a great city in the sky. I have many fond memories and have made many loyal friends of this great city. Were it not for Dalaran I would never have met likely my most loyal friend of them all, Bucknasty and TBI. Along with many horde friends like Sayianx... but I digress. What drove us away from our great city? Did we get caught up in the EVER so alluring musings of Stormwind/Orgimmar? NAY! We did what seemed convenient! We abandoned our great city in the sky, for what? The stench of the stagnant, green, sewer canals of Stormwind? The foul odor of Orgrimmar and it's unbathed Orc residents? My friends... There was once a great man by the name of George Jefferson...He too was under similar circumstances... so he moved on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky! He finally got a piece of that pie... We are the 99%... the 99% who refuse to smell Orgrimmar, who refuse to AFK in the filthy sewage corridors of Stormwind. If you too have fond memories, and refuse to smell either of these cities... set your hearth to Dalaran. If not, there is a portal to your smelly Cataclysm to the right. Thank you.
Edited by Hellyv on 12/30/2011 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
WE'RE TAKING OUR CITY BACK!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
TBI
hearths already in dala. meet @dem sewers bro
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
haha.
You should post this in the general forums too.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
All my hearths were set to Dalaran even after cata hit. I love that ole city in da sky =D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I support this thread! All my bankers are hearthed in the sewers! Do me one favor tho please and just go on yer Alliance toons cuz every time a horde gets near me some "Punks" thingy goes off and its really loud and annoying. I cant turn it off cuz I dont see it in my addons =(
On my main it's no big deal, cuz if horde come near me I just kill em and the noise goes away, but in Dalaran it just drives me NUTS! kthxbai! >;p
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Feletrix... your presence hardly surprises me, nor does your overly immersed alliance roleplay modus operandi.
What made Dalaran a great city was that it was a neutral faction sanctuary, for both factions to enjoy. Just remember that behind that computer screen is just another person Horde or Alliance, someone that you might even like IRL. If you don't like variety you might aswell stay in Stormwind.
Edited by Hellyv on 12/30/2011 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't see why hearthstones aren't still set to Dalaran to begin with. I mean, the portals to all capital cities are gone, but there's still a portal to SW/Org in their respective sanctuarys. I personally still hang out in Dalaran. It's a cool city.
Reply Quote
I like Looking at all the peoples transmoged pics anyone else get on to check them out? DAL was nice but it was a stepping stone To be honest ORG has been made a hub for the wrong reasons CATA killed world PVP Horde gets WEST SIDE alliance gets EasT SIDE you can do !@#$ for hours and not see an enemy player on vashj. World PVP is dead. Dead DEAD .. Same as Dal it sucks I know. Most people who miss Dal Started playing in wrath. BC people loved SHATT I'm horde I Miss BARRENS CHAT..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My hearth is still at Dalaran. Portals very useful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Inspirational.

Between late night voice chat musing with guild mates and other influences, I agree with your protest. The opportunity for players, especially for roleplayers, in Dalaran are limitless. And there is virtually every atmosphere for a roleplayer to enjoy.

Want to conceal yourself in the shadows as the villian? Set the hearthstone to Cantrips & Crows!

Prefer something more primal? Easy, The Filthy Animal Innkeeper can make you feel at home.

And for those who do not wish to meddle with the trickery or unwashed armpits of others; no problem, The Legerdemain Lounge provides lush accomodations, with a full service bar and room service to boot!

To top all this off, Dalaran provides a quick return to a capital city for access to the Cataclysm zones. So what is preventing you from bringing Dalaran back? Set your hearthstone accordingly and OCCUPY: Dalaran!
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warrior
If I ever find this heavenly city called Daralan I'll set my hearthstone tout suite!!! I hear it's somewhere close to Shattarach (sp?) City...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Never moved my hearths, the portal to SW is there... would be nice Blizz (hint, hint) if you put a few more in there for us... Would be nicer to commune... bring the world together.... :))
I digress, this gorgeous city now vacant, is sad at best... come back to Dal. See the others in the world and not feel so alone... Why waste this brilliant computer generation for lesser more faction oriented cities. Give us our options back, Give us portals, Give us Dalaran back!
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
10/02/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Pheebe
I digress

U get rid of that idevice yet?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
ha, no dork... love it, you will come to the darkside soon...
and shouldn't you be working? I have an excuse! ::cough cough::

... and aren't you proud? I took your advise! :))
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
gj bumping a 2 year old post
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Surely he must me mistaken!
/slaps knee

Any 2 year old thread that I'm in is OK to bump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]