Horde Raider Consolidation

I wanna PvE with the Pew, Pew, Pew!
Reply Quote
This thread is being deleted for straying from the main subject.

Whatever issues you have with Infusion, Mustardo, please make a separate thread next time.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
01/02/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Röznie

Can you stop taking please, this thread is actually a decent read.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've been doing some raiding with DW.

He has a clear voice. Good ideas. Versatile player... WTB some <8/8 guilds for him (and LTOW) to merge with.
Edited by Poena on 1/2/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Can you stop taking please, this thread is actually a decent read.

What am i taking? Its a game at the end of its life span... i mean really, just enjoy it for what it is and get ready to start up your SWTOR subscriptions!

Btw, I <3 Toysoldier and Nitro!
Edited by Röznie on 1/2/2012 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I don't know and don't care about random inter-guild drama, I just want to raid and preferably stay on-server for it. Horde, Alliance, I don't care. Ouro can vouch for me; I'm not terrible.

My availability is Wed, Thu, Fri which is my problem; everybody wants to raid on Tue and I just cannot, unless it is in the early afternoons.

Also I strongly prefer 10 mans.
Edited by Dontpanic on 1/3/2012 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
01/02/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Röznie
What am i taking? Its a game at the end of its life span... i mean really, just enjoy it for what it is and get ready to start up your SWTOR subscriptions!

Ya, I already cancelled my swtor subscription. Its just like aeon/rift ect, intended to kill wow, but of course they kill themselves with that goal.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
There's been a lot of things said here that I agree with. Bigwoo and Decix reflect a lot of my sentiments.

I'm pretty torn about my next move. I want to stay here on A-N, but I find myself unable to complete the things I want to on this realm.

I want pugs to be able to come together and complete old Heroic tiers. I want to kill bosses in a timely manner. Completing meta achievements in the end would be the icing on top.

I'm willing to use my guild as a staging point to make things happen. To consolidate the raiding community here. I suggest that b/c my guild is lvl 25 and is currently mostly unused. I understand people have their own guilds and are probably attached to them. Those that are in charge of them feel empowered by their position in their guilds. Again, I understand that. But if YOU are reading this and DO NOT want to pay to transfer somewhere else, AND have a burning desire to raid for real. Not the LFR weak stuff. Then take some time, talk to your friends, and consider making a move.

This is basically a cattle call. Open tryouts. If you don't play well or if others play better then you, it will be noticed. If you're not good enough to raid competitively then I'll tell you. At that point you can try and fix it or get cut loose. No Offense, but the goal is to successfully raid in a timely, competitive manner. (Competitive relative to our server for a start).

Raid times are negotiable. Leadership and Loot are negotiable. Personally Sunday evenings are not good for me. Mondays before 645pm server are also not good for me. The rest of the week I'm available with occasional unavaiability.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
01/03/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Thatius
Ya, I already cancelled my swtor subscription. Its just like aeon/rift ect, intended to kill wow, but of course they kill themselves with that goal.

Other MMOs hitting the market do not do so intending to kill WoW. You would have to pretty damn stupid to expect your game to manage that. It's a matter of coexistence. Swtor does some things very nicely that wow can't actually do, namely trying to make you feel like your'e a part of the story. You never do in WoW and Kotor games have always made a good effort at that.

Now to stray back on topic. GL Darkwraith...and as a mage I feel obligated to say buff mages :D
Edited by Glacios on 1/3/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would love to raid with DW and learn this again, just not on this toon as it's already raiding with another guild. If you want DW you can have my DK or my terrible mage. Just not the same days or times as Exterminatus.
Reply Quote
I strongly support all things DW and this thread. I'm happy to see it made it past page 1 without turning into a hive of scum and villainy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/03/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Garrakwild
I would love to raid with DW and learn this again, just not on this toon as it's already raiding with another guild. If you want DW you can have my DK or my terrible mage. Just not the same days or times as Exterminatus.

That is the exact opposite of everything his idea and this thread stands for. The idea was for people to stop being so stubbornly attached to their current guilds and join together and make a better guild. This is not some "throw LToW a bone, guys!" thread.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Priest
I'm watching this thread with interest. I'm one of the raiders that left AN for 25 man progression, but miss the friends I made and the more laid back atmosphere of a smaller server. There are a lot of great players on Illidan, and you can pug 8/8 DS on your alts, but quality of life issues make it a cesspool.

There's talent on AN from Shard, LtoW and Aeonian Order and I'm sure others that have risen since I left. The question is whether there is a gm/raid leader that is capable of leading a guild and surrounding himself with good officers that can make it a going concern. It would require a change in philosophy from the laissez faire attitude that leads to the loss of talent and breakup of guilds. You need people willing to log onto the PTR and test new content. Officers and players that know how to parse logs and who are willing to not settle for players who are not performing. The problem is that AN has never had the depth of talent to let go the under perfomers: a warm body was better than calling a raid. If you guys could get Poe and Novasolan and others behind something like this, I for one would be willing to come back to AN to be a part of it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
01/04/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Viva
You need people willing to log onto the PTR and test new content.

The problem with that... isn't a willingness but an availability of time. Shard has a scheduled 7.5 hours of raid time. Many of our members just don't have the time in their schedule to do extraneous stuff... Generally I can barely get enough on for a Achievement 10man if I myself have time (<3 my new 4 day work week)...

The problem is that AN has never had the depth of talent to let go the under perfomers: a warm body was better than calling a raid.

See that's where the top guilds and I differ... and it is where I hold Shard back from progressing. If a player shows skill and loyalty I am loth to replace them just because I can get more skill. To me they aren't a warm body, but a member of our guild... a team mate. To me it gets really hard to replace people, when they are more than just a "warm body"... But as obvious by my previous posts... What Shard does have is:
Officers and players that know how to parse logs

We as a guild have brought up the gameplay of quite a few players. We aren't the best guild, but we have some pretty solid players for their class... and something AN needs more of... a guild where players can improve (I just wish some players improved faster... I mean... WE SAW THE FIGHT ONCE, IT SHOULD BE DEAD NAO).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
2 weeks later...

"Eh @#$% it" :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
<3 Ouro

Even if you did make a bad call on felmyst and wipe us at 1% all that time ago.

Free Bump.

edit: spelling is hard.
Edited by Epcon on 2/24/2012 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]