Vial of shadows - bugged for hunters. :(

90 Orc Hunter
Tooltip displays damage based on RAP.

Actual damage proc is determined by melee AP.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1053804-the-damage-of-Vial-of-Shadow-for-hunters

/sadface.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard likes toying with us it seems /:
Reply Quote
Yay! hunters!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Did you

01/02/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Livandria
Blizzard likes toying with us it seems /:

Yes, it's Blizz's big plot to alienate hunters. They've never done a single quality of life change for the class since it's inception, and never will!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Actually one other thing that was supposed to be a hunter thing for Cata was the Venom system (Scorpid and Viper Stings were converting to this system). Instead it was scrapped.

Also they really did not look at hunters for this tier in itemization. Just look at the rings. Melee Agility have 2 Heroic quality rings to use while hunters only have 1. In fact the Expertise Ring IS BIS for hunters is another statement. Then you have the horrible Bow proc (which scaled off SV mastery of all things) and now this trinket proc scaling off Melee AP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Come on, Blizzard. Enough is enough. Fix your stuff.
Reply Quote
I really wish people would stop and realize that blizz has no vendetta against anyone. They are working on it.

I'm sure theyre working on disengage. I'm sure theyre working on hunter dps balance. They don't gain anything from having you guys angry...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ok guys this bug is in the report forum, lets keep it clean and on topic there in the official bug forum.

From EJ, Z's post.
Made a few more updates to the site. The biggest one is changing the attack power scaling on Vial of Shadows to use melee AP instead of ranged AP. Although the tooltip makes it look like it scales with ranged AP, based on test data provided by WarBringerPT on the MMO Champion forums it looks pretty clear that it's actually scaling off melee AP. Modifying this caused the value of the heroic version of the trinket to decrease by 363 dps in my gear setup. I've posted about the bug on the Blizzard forums but I think it's likely it won't be changed.

and the report link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3821265187#2
Reply Quote
I really wish people would stop and realize that blizz has no vendetta against anyone. They are working on it.

I'm sure theyre working on disengage. I'm sure theyre working on hunter dps balance. They don't gain anything from having you guys angry...

It's not a vendetta, it's apathy.

I'm sure they're working on pandas, not hunters. Working on hunters gains them nothing, pandas will give them another expansion to sell. They don't have anything to gain from having us angry, but they also don't really think they have anything to lose.

In developer words it would look like this:
"We would love to see some of the problems plaguing the hunter class fixed, but right now we do not have the developer hours to dedicate to them. It makes much more sense to work on an expansion that affects the entire WoW population rather than just fix problems for a single class."

And of course, they'll say this as they make an entire patch rogue friendly, or work on that Monk-only zone they said that they wanted to make.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
disengage bug,
scatter shot dot and pathing issues,
bugged items,
gemming spell pen,
arcane shot eating lnl procs
Perisitent (game breaking) pet bugs including but not limited to:
initial pet health
pathing issues that often effectively self cc the pet in both pvp and pve

disengage-if your talking about gettin charged and slammed to the ground during it, your probably right in the sense its not entended, who knows, maybe thats what bliz wants, i wouldnt just call it a BUG tho.

scatter shot thing i duno what yer talkin about

bugged items, yah everyone has those problems at some time in their history of this game

gemming spell pen, your not the only ones, ferals and dks gem spell pen in pvp

the pet bugs, those suck, ive seen them in action
Reply Quote
65 Orc Hunter

100% this. I mained an elemental shaman for a long time, did I hate a lot of the things Blizzard did? Yes, yes I did. Did I think Blizzard just hates Shaman and wants to see them suffer? No, obviously not.

When WoW is already losing more and more subs by the day, does anyone really think its smart business sense to purposely alienate a playerbase? If you want to argue its sloppy gameplay and design, Ill agree with that. But there is no vendetta.
Edited by Coritaku on 1/2/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I didn't make this staement but I sure like reminding everyone who did...

Will we take steps to adjust hunters if they continue to be weak in Arenas? Yes. This is absolutely a concern of ours. To some extent my reputation is on the line here because I keep trying to assure players that we will make adjustments, and I know you’ll throw it back in my face if we don’t deliver. The game has only been out for a few days though, so it’s just premature to make sweeping changes yet. I realize some knowledgeable hunters are convinced the changes we made were not enough. At the end of the day though, it is us, not the players, who need to make decisions about game design. We will always listen to your feedback when making our decisions though.-GhostcrawlerNov 14, 2008

Just in case GC sees this maybe it will refreshen his memory.
Edited by Retnuh on 1/2/2012 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
As for the trinket, ya I noticed the same thing when I got the LFR version, something just seemed off with it and did a little playing around with gear changes and traded it to a rogue that was in the group. Disappointed in all 3 items really, the bow, the trinket and the lack of a 410 appropriate ring.
Edited by Wyvernmaster on 1/2/2012 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]