Race for paladin

90 Night Elf Druid
What is the best race to be paladin for the alliance side? Such as if i want to be a holy pally, which race? prot, what race? etc

Wow, i don't think that's grammatically correct there^ lol

anywho. I'm a total noob. SO, what is the difference between dranei's less chance to miss, and human's increased expertise with sword/maces?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret I believe it was Draenei because of the free 1% hit you get. Followed by dwarf and humans.

Holy... well Draenei have that free HoT (not sure how powerful it is now adays.) while humans have free spirit.

Dwarves have a mini-tanking cooldown. So the best for prot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret - Draenei

Holy - Human

Prot - Dwarf

But that's just my opinion
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Human for ret. 3 Expertise on swords (Gurthalak) which means with the seal of truth glyph, you only need half the expertise on gear (which means more mastery), plus a free PvP trinket which comes in handy in certain PvE situations which allows for more up time on DPS or utility.

And again, human for holy, because of the +3% spirit increase, which means more mana regen.

For Prot, Dwarf, because their racial reduces damage taken by 10% for 10 seconds.
Edited by Harkul on 3/29/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The correct answer is always blood elf. Always.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/30/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Lobster
The correct answer is always blood elf. Always.

Except when it's Tauren.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter

Holy... well Draenei have that free HoT (not sure how powerful it is now adays.)

Currently it heals your target for 20% of their health over 15 seconds, on a 3 min cooldown.

Using it on cooldown on a tank with 200k health boosts your healing by about 250 hps.

A DS geared paladin might have 3k spirit. So the 3% boost from the human racial is ... 90 spirit.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
for pvp? if so;

human>belf>the rest
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
A DS geared paladin might have 3k spirit. So the 3% boost from the human racial is ... 90 spirit.
4324 spirit here with my trinket up
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
03/30/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Tharna
4324 spirit here with my trinket up

So that's 130 spirit you're not getting for being a space-goat instead of a human. Congrats.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So that's 130 spirit you're not getting for being a space-goat instead of a human. Congrats.
that's 40 mp5 (roughly)

for a 5 minute fight that's 12000 mana

that's enough for 1 divine light a holy shock and a holy light roughly.

assuming all of these crit by some divine miracle, that's 224K healing in 5 minutes. or 746 mp5.

assuming a more realistic crit chance it's 132K healing in 5 minutes. or 440 hps

odds are though you'll never calculate your healing so finely that you end the fight at 0 mana, so the racial is entirely moot. I'd rather be a race that has a rack to stare at and not horrible droopy boobs.
Edited by Tharna on 3/30/2012 2:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
you can argue percentages all you want, it's far easier to get exp cap than hit cap.

also it's 3 expertise with swords or maces, which is .75% or 90 expertise rating (90.115384615384615384615384615385 to be exact). 1% hit is 120 hit rating (120.2).

are those extra 30 points worth it? probably not. being a human or a draenei is not going to be the make or break factor of wether or not you down the boss. imo go draenei for the lasting benafit (the BiS weapon may not always be a sword or mace, 1% hit however is constant)
Edited by Tharna on 3/30/2012 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd say Draenei for Ret PvE, Draenei or Human for Holy PvE, dwarf for Prot, and Human or Blood Elf for all PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
03/30/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Angelista
Plus dreaneis are ugly and look stupid unless you are a dranei shaman. and who wants to look at a dwarf paladin cuz i know i don't.
I didn't hear any complaining when my beard tickled you as I applied my "Hammer of Justice"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]