Friendship is Magic General Thread #2

90 Troll Warrior
Since I accidentally capped the original thread

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593046204

Here's a 2nd thread.

Everypony welcome, one and all, if you see another thread please refer it to here. We don't want to spam the forums with pony threads so let's keep it all here.

I'm only in highschool, so I don't think I could go to a meet-up if I wanted to, but I know that someone made a MLP FIM fanclub at school, although I'm not in it.

It feels very relaxing to know that there are people in real life that likes this, because eh, it's the internet and things are well you know.

Quoting the last post of the last thread.
Edited by Scootaloo on 4/24/2012 12:52 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know anyone else irl, and the nearest meet up is a 2hr drive away.

Someone did recognize the cutie mark on my truck and honked in approval, so there's that...
90 Troll Warrior
The nearest meet-up that's being planned is, hell if I know how far, but I'm pretty determined to try and go there when it comes
90 Human Warrior
Saw a picture posted (on /co/ I think) where I recognized the background as the mall from about 20 minutes or so from where I live.

It was jarring to say the least. Small world indeed.
3 Blood Elf Mage
Isn't that a little kids show? I never watched it before, so I don't know. It's cute though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/04/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Eilora
Isn't that a little kids show? I never watched it before, so I don't know. It's cute though.

With a huge appeal amongst nerds.

I don't see other kid shows having cameos of The Dude, Donny, Walter and The Jesus, or a chimera version of Star Trek's Q, voiced by Q himself, or a shot by shot homage to movies like King Kong and Star Wars A New Hope.
Edited by Klaudandus on 1/4/2012 4:19 PM PST
3 Blood Elf Mage
01/04/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Klaudandus

With a huge appeal amongst nerds.

I don't see other kid shows having cameos of The Dude, Donny, Walter and The Jesus, or a chimera version of Star Trek's Q, voiced by Q himself, or a shot by shot homage to movies like King Kong and Star Wars A New Hope.

So its...good? I'm not opposed to watching cartoons, I'm 24 and enjoy Adventure Time and The Amazing World of Gumball, but its My Little Pony. Just seems like it would be intended for very small children.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's very enjoyable, but there are some episodes that are serious groaners, so it's not like all episodes are gems, but the series as a whole is quite enjoyable.

It normally takes 4 episodes to decide whether you'll like the series or not, so that being said, the ones to start with would be
- The two part pilot episode (Mare on the Moon, Elements of Harmony)
- Ticket Master
- Dragonshy

If you decide to forego the two part episode, I'd recommend then
- Sonic Rainboom
- The Cutie Mark Chronicles

And in case you're curious about John de Lancie (Star Trek Q) acting basically as himself (although much more malicious), that would be season 2 premiere
- The Return of the Elements of Harmony 1 and 2

You can easily find them on youtube, in 1080p quality.

For the record, my favorite episodes are not those, but my favorite episodes are not good introductory episodes for someone new into the series
Edited by Klaudandus on 1/4/2012 4:54 PM PST
one of my favorite episodes is Luna eclipsed. i loved the fact they gave princess luna/nightmare moon some more screen time.
if anypony is considering reading some fan fiction i consider reading any on equestriadaily.com OTHER than cupcakes. i cannot express how disturbing that fan fic is! i lost my dinner because of it.
90 Troll Warrior
Yeah not gonna read them Cupcakes as well
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Never read it, I've heard enough warnings not do it.
85 Undead Hunter
I wear these

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/shoesrq.jpg/
90 Troll Warrior
I wear these

You glorious bastard

I want one D:
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wear these

My sister would kill for those shoes! She loves RD.

And Hezaa discussed that Rarity might be the next one in the Art Noveau tshirt series at welovefine. My money, all of it!

You can tell my sis and I got different tastes =P
Edited by Klaudandus on 1/5/2012 9:27 PM PST
90 Troll Warrior
I wish I had family members that like ponies like me

But alas I am alone, well not so much my mom doesn't disapprove
11 Blood Elf Mage
I wear these

They look nice, but I'm not really a fan of the Converse style shoes because they hurt my feet.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember guys! New episode tomorrow.
90 Troll Warrior
More like new episode tonight for me
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]