ilvl requirement for HoT instances too low

90 Pandaren Shaman
Hello, as my title states, I am here because, in my opinion, the Hour of Twilight heroic instances (lvl 85) are too low. While leveling up, acquiring tier 12 pieces via Justice Points, crafted gear, heroic 346 pieces, and etc.. your item level easily reaches 346-353 in only a few days of reaching lvl 85. However, as you reach ilvl 353, you are allowed to not only allowed to que up for the Troll Heroics, you are allowed to que up for the new dungeons.

When que'ing for random Cataclysm heroics, at ilvl 353, you get pooled into the HoT instances. For me, and maybe others, this is an issue when trying to perform my role correctly. I am a healer, and I know that I cannot safely, comfortably, and effectively heal many instances due to the lack of overall good gear. I wish to keep doing random heroics for the VP and extra JP for newer and better pieces, but if I get put into HoT and Troll heroics, I know I will be a burden and cannot do that instance without griefing the other players or failing at healing.

I ask that Blizzard reconsider the, in my opinion, low ilvl requirement for the Hour of Twilight instances, so that I, and maybe other players, could successfully complete the Cataclysm heroics and hopefully Troll heroics, rather than being put into HoT heroics, as I am not ready for them yet.

tl;dr: Raise the ilvl for HoT heroics so they are not ilvl 353 for random ques into heroics. If the HoT ilvl is heightened, then players can utilize the Random Dungeon Finder without being put into a high level heroic that they are not ready for.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10 unenchanted items
3 empty sockets in 2 items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Engineering: 3 missing tinkers

Plus your ilevel is only 348 equipped. You are the one who isn't ready for HoT heroics. Gear yourself up before complaining about other people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Why would it be too low when the last dungeon tier was dropping 353 iLvl items?

I mean, for people not raiding, it's going to be most likely their iLvl, and on PTR they downscaled your gear to iLvl 353 and it was pretty easy to do.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10 unenchanted items
3 empty sockets in 2 items
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Engineering: 3 missing tinkers

Plus your ilevel is only 348 equipped. You are the one who isn't ready for HoT heroics. Gear yourself up before complaining about other people.

That's the equipped ilvl, I have a higher ilvl from my dps off spec. I know my gear is not enchanted, optimally gemmed, and a belt buckle, but why would I shell out that much gold for gear that isn't ready for high end HoT heroics or raids? I am not trying to even do those, I just desire to do Cataclysm heroics.

However, the entry ilvl required for Trolls is easily reached. So even if I was going for Troll gear, it will put me into HoT heroics, via the random que, because HoT is ilvl 353. And yes, if everyone did grab the gear from the Troll heroics and their average ilvl is 353, that doesn't justify the next tier being 353.
Edited by Gerztok on 1/2/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/02/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Kreyalør
Gear yourself up before complaining about other people.

Also, I was not complaining about other people. I have no issues with anyone. I am stating that the ilvl, in my opinion, is too low and could effect my chances at getting a good dungeon that is ilvl appropriate or effect my healing, which would cause problems for others. I'm trying to not be a hinder on others.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Minimum Item level to QQ on forums is 380 sorry
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The HoT dungeons were tuned around a group in full 353 gear, with some 359 and 378 pieces. That said, they are also tuned around a minimal level of gems and enchants. You do not the blue-quality gems or the best available enchants, however, there are cheaper versions of each gem and enchant that will do just fine.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
Just to throw out the obvious here - HoT heroics are on a different dropdown than every other heroic. If you're queuing into them it's your own fault for not selecting the correct dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/02/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Cattywampus
Just to throw out the obvious here - HoT heroics are on a different dropdown than every other heroic. If you're queuing into them it's your own fault for not selecting the correct dungeons.

Not true. If you have the 353 iLevel requirement, and select "Random Cataclysm Dungeon," then the HoT dungeons are still in your queue, along with the launch dungeons and the Rise of the Zandalari dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/02/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Adarant
Not true. If you have the 353 iLevel requirement, and select "Random Cataclysm Dungeon," then the HoT dungeons are still in your queue, along with the launch dungeons and the Rise of the Zandalari dungeons.

And that has been my issue in the past week. Because I bought some t12 pieces and got a few heroic pieces along with quest gear, my ilvl quickly hit 353, and causing me to hit HoT dungeons. That was the point of my OP, not a QQ fest, just trying to constructively point out in my opinion, that maybe the ilvl is too low, or should be separated completely. Cause when you do hit ilvl 353 even if you don't que specifically for HoT, you still can get them. Maybe even just keep them out from the rest of the dungeons like the troll ones were for a while.
Edited by Gerztok on 1/2/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

When que'ing for random Cataclysm heroics, at ilvl 353, you get pooled into the HoT instances. For me, and maybe others, this is an issue when trying to perform my role correctly. I am a healer, and I know that I cannot safely, comfortably, and effectively heal many instances due to the lack of overall good gear. I wish to keep doing random heroics for the VP and extra JP for newer and better pieces, but if I get put into HoT and Troll heroics, I know I will be a burden and cannot do that instance without griefing the other players or failing at healing.

Then you have two choices: one is to spend a minimal amount of time getting better gear via the AH or crafting or faction OR eat the time and queue as DPS.

If your issue is a lack of mana, and you're going OOM on fights, queue with guild mates who have a clue, and don't prolong fights by being stupid or create wipes by being unable to figure out how to do X or Y.

You didn't log out in your resto gear so I can't comment on how close you are, gear-wise to being able to heal the HoT instances. I will say that my experience is that they are far easier to heal than many of the older heroics. Part of that is the self selection and iLevel selection, and part of that seems to be a change in model to a quick method to getting points.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Queue for specific dungeons. This will get you the JP you need to get your gear up to a higher level, and maybe fill in a couple of weak gear slots with drops.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Death Knight
01/02/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Gerztok
I know my gear is not enchanted, optimally gemmed, and a belt buckle, but why would I shell out that much gold for gear that isn't ready for high end HoT heroics or raids?

Because if you did even a cursory pass over gems/enchants, the amount of stats you'd have would increase by damn near a tier's worth (~10 item levels worth of stats), meaning you'd be very easily able to run the HoT heroics. The system is tuned to assume that you have some level of gemming/enchanting when you're bumping up against the minimum ilvl requirements on something new.

And I'm not talking best-in-slot enchants or gems -- just something useful, like Perfect green gems or lesser-used hybrid gems, the 'cheap' Cataclysm enchant or the high-end old Wrath enchant, etc. And your engineering tinker costs essentially nothing -- do your hands and use it regularly, that's where your stat bonus is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/02/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Arbearday
ITT: Terrible player wants to ruin the game for people who aren't terrible. Seriously, if you can't heal the new heroics in that gear, then you don't need to be healing anyway.

Im not sure anyone is intentionally set out to ruin the game for others, however your unwillingness to offer advice or help others astonishes me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe the compromise here is that there should be some way to click off the dungeons you don't want to randomly que for. Ilevel is really a bad meassurement of the players skill and class. Frost dk will dps high at lower ilevel, while a warlock will struggle more. I have also seen healers and tanks plenty of time drop dungeon because they are just not confident enough to be there. DPS not so much, dps can be carried.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/02/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Manasource
ITT: Terrible player wants to ruin the game for people who aren't terrible. Seriously, if you can't heal the new heroics in that gear, then you don't need to be healing anyway.

Im not sure anyone is intentionally set out to ruin the game for others, however your unwillingness to offer advice or help others astonishes me.

TC never asked for help or advice. If he wants that, then he needs to go to Elitist Jerks. Also I am not about to give advice on Resto Shamans when I do not have one myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/02/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Arbearday

Well, I'm astonished at your lack of comprehension. I never said I wanted to heal those Heroics yet. In fact, I am against it, so I don't mess up a group by the lack of throughput my heals have for people of those gear levels, and also that lack of mana with my gear.

I came bringing my point, opinion, and at some point, a suggestion. I'm not here wringing Blizz's neck, crying for sympathy or crying for nerfs, just the fact that if I'm trying to random que for VP and the extra JP I will get put into dungeons I am not ready for. Yes, I could specific que, and that will help filling specific pieces, but it won't get me the extra JP with the dungeon grind is for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]