WoW shuts down my computer after 5-10 minutes

70 Human Rogue
Started maybe two weeks ago (not even)... I run wow for about 10 minutes and BAM! my screen goes black and computer shuts down.. I've been playing wow with no problems for 18 months now. Every once in a while though it will go for an hour+ before shutting down.

Seems like maybe its over heating as the computer gets louder when it comes back after being shut down... but it doesn't seem too hot. every so often a blue screen error message saying to make sure that all recently installed things are properly installed... and as far as I know they are. and it ONLY shuts down with wow. I really have no idea..

what could it be and how can i fix it?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Peachz,

Sounds very much like something is overheating inside.

Download and run HWMonitor from http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.18-setup.exe

Now start the game and let it run several minutes but not long enough for it to shut down or black out the screen. Then exit or alt-tab out and look at the monitor program. See what the highest temperature is that the cpu (processor) and gpu (video card) reached.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a Toshiba L675DS7052 and the same thing happens to me. Can a person reallocate the amount of memory on the virtual setting to cure this problem? There is only 3,000 and some on that performance setting and it says it should be 5,000 and some recommended. I do photography on my computer and it over heats while editting photos. Can the settings possibly be wrong?

I really want to play this game on my computer but I uninstalled it because I was afraid it would ruin my computer and I use my computer for college. Can you please help me? Thanks,Lorin Richter
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]