4.3.2 PTR and New File Optimization Tech

85 Undead Rogue
i cant get it to work, it keeps telling me to run the repair but it doesn't do anything
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I am trying to get the patch installed before I go to work. I won't be home until 15 minutes before my raid. I can't install the damn patch because of this crap which is taking way more than 15 minutes. :-/ I had plenty of free space and really didn't want.

I had 400 GB free on my hard drive now I might not make it to my raid in time because of this unwanted/unneeded update.

Then run the launcher and go to work, once the optimization is complete it will download the patch and install. When you get home everything should be done.

I'm pretty sure it might ask permission from stupid Windows. So it's probably not going to download once this stupid optimization (which has been stuck at 50% for over 15 minutes) is done.

This is extremely frustrating.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
atleast you are at 50%, mine loads an inch and then just sits there before it tells me to run repair, and once i do it just keeps doing the same thing and wont load
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
My biggest question comes from the patching after the optimization feature ran:

I have to re-download 4.5 gigabytes of data to go from 4.3.0 to 4.3.2, which seems like a lot of stuff for what seems like a small patch.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

Then run the launcher and go to work, once the optimization is complete it will download the patch and install. When you get home everything should be done.

I'm pretty sure it might ask permission from stupid Windows. So it's probably not going to download once this stupid optimization (which has been stuck at 50% for over 15 minutes) is done.

This is extremely frustrating.

It didn't for me. Your mileage may very.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight
The loading bar hasn't budged. :'( I suppose it's true that the 15 minutes is a lie?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
01/31/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Miaki
The loading bar hasn't budged. :'( I suppose it's true that the 15 minutes is a lie?

That depends on your computer and how much optimization is needed. 15 minutes is an average. Some people will be shorter than that, some longer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
People don't like having to redownload basically the entire game, not matter what kind of optimization you want to do.

Is there an option to have the installer work off the install DVDs or something? 16 gigs is ridiculous, and a lot of people are on fixed data plans.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
no
I was stuck on the optimizing screen for about an hour, so I restarted my computer and ran the launcher again. It has been another hour+ and it still hasn't gotten past maybe 25%. My internet is usually fine. What gives?
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Death Knight
People don't like having to redownload basically the entire game, no matter what kind of optimization you want to do.

Is there an option to have the installer work off the install DVDs or something? 16 gigs is ridiculous, and a lot of people are on fixed data plans.

^ This, especially the fixed data plan portion. I'm still stuck at (probably) 1% since the bar hasn't moved... Just closing it since it's a waste at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
People don't like having to redownload basically the entire game, not matter what kind of optimization you want to do.

My biggest concern is timing: my guild is scheduled to raid at 7pm CST and I'm downloading ~3g of files at 200Kb/s since I wasn't expecting that kind of filesize.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
seems i having trouble as many others are, but have u ever noticed more of ur questions are answered by other players than actually employees?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Reconfiguring game files has been going on for about 30 minutes, whats up with that?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
01/31/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Senecany
Reconfiguring game files has been going on for about 30 minutes, whats up with that?

lol ive been on the update part for 2 hours....
Reply Quote
I regularly go through and delete my updates/patches after they have been installed. It appears that the launcher is looking for these files, maybe? It started the background downloader but only is downloading the last 1.9gb out of 14.7gb. It is doing the same on my other computer, so I would suggest just letting it run. Even if it says it's installing 15gb, it will find the files during install and skip them.

EDIT: It just became playable on both computers with the last 1.18gb left to download.

EDIT2: The 15 minute reconfiguration was a lie. It took 30 minutes on 1 computer and 40 on the other.
Edited by Donbehstupet on 1/31/2012 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
My /World of Warcraft folder is roughly 22 gigabytes after the optimization. I figured it would be smaller...
Edited by Snackpax on 1/31/2012 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
LMFAO i closed the launcher as update hasnt been moving, and is was presently showing on the 8% comeplete for just over 2hours...reopened it and its finished in less time than launcher took to open....HA Ha haaa
Edited by Conartist on 1/31/2012 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Priest
are we going to see performance increased in the game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]