4.3.2 PTR and New File Optimization Tech

87 Night Elf Druid
Any word from the blues on this reconfiguration being stuck at less than 5% and not moving for over 3 hours?
Reply Quote
51 Gnome Warrior
fail patch day
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
Is there a way to manually start the optimization procedure after its already completed the initial run?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
after my optimization my client started up a 3.4gb download what the heck is this all about?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well another computer another 15GB Download, looks like it's soon time to buy The Old Republic, at least with a new game I can accept bugs like this.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Blizzard is going to have a lot of upset customers..next time you do something like this i recommend you put in a option on whether or not you want it done now/later or never. In my opinion it was a smart thing but come on give me the options if i want to do it or not i have a 1TB hard drive saving couple gigs would be cool but it wont effect me
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Mage
Time to just replace everyone at Blizzard. Fail is the nicest thing I can come up with to say.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Smooth like budda! 31 to 26 GB. People having problems learn how to take care of your computers more, treat it like a pet or something :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mine isn't even loading.. What the hell -.-
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Clean Reinstall of Windows Sunday, Clean install of World Of Warcraft Sunday Evening, played all day monday, tuesday 15GB patch download.

Yeah gotta learn to look after my computer..............

The Old Republic downloading now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Yeah an option to turn it off and do it LATER would've been great.

I'm stuck here watching it crawl and hoping it'll end before raid starts. And after that I STILL have to download a patch? This is a horrible design.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I love all the foolish optimism we saw in response to this right away. Complete and utter fail by every possible meaning of the word.

Way to go bliz.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hah, what better way to kill some time while waiting for a patch / optimization tool than by reading posts from disgruntled users. Always some light entertainment to help get over the frustration.

I applaud the tidy up of old game files, but agree that the option to do it later would be *much* appreciated. Or, at the very least, an advance warning (eg: email) to the effect of "on this date you game will take longer than usual to get running - we suggest cranking it up early while eating breakkie / picking your nose / yakking to the wife to avoid screaming at your PC to hurry the hell up". Same thing with patches - we don't always get to read up on their exact release date (too busy screaming at idiots in LFR & VP capping all our toons for that).

Kinda gutted I zipped home at lunchtime for a sneaky 45mins gametime to only get to spend the next 45mins waiting for this... /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
01/31/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Buhbs
So you spent an hour staring at "don't stop this process no matter what" then stopped the process?

Just curious. How long would you wait for a 15 minute process go before stopping it? If not an hour, 2? 3? 1 day?
Edited by Cyphius on 1/31/2012 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Blizzard are you all playing frost mages yourself n think its funny flogging everyone?? FROST MAGES ARE A JOKE stun frostbolt snare frostbolt blink frostbolt stun frostbolt DEAD it is a joke im a blood dk which are OP heaps and i cant even touch a frost mage. i want to unintall this game i only pvp due to the lag i get in raids an pvp isnt even fair if there was 1 frost mage vs two other classes... NERF THEM its sickening PS what on earth have you done to pallys? what did they ever do to you they have been there since the start of warcraft an there are meant to be awesome n now they are terrible... i heal n half your mana is gone seriously how can the compete... my thoughts go out to all ret pallys. and my resent goes out to all frost mages.... FIX THIS GAME OR ME AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WILL STOP PLAYING and all you will be left with is a whole heap of frost mages running around.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/31/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Ryiciess
Blizzard are you all playing frost mages yourself n think its funny flogging everyone?? FROST MAGES ARE A JOKE stun frostbolt snare frostbolt blink frostbolt stun frostbolt DEAD it is a joke im a blood dk which are OP heaps and i cant even touch a frost mage. i want to unintall this game i only pvp due to the lag i get in raids an pvp isnt even fair if there was 1 frost mage vs two other classes... NERF THEM its sickening PS what on earth have you done to pallys? what did they ever do to you they have been there since the start of warcraft an there are meant to be awesome n now they are terrible... i heal n half your mana is gone seriously how can the compete... my thoughts go out to all ret pallys. and my resent goes out to all frost mages.... FIX THIS GAME OR ME AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WILL STOP PLAYING and all you will be left with is a whole heap of frost mages running around.

This is the wrong place to discuss class balance.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I have been stuck on "reconfiguring game files. please wait."
for 20 min and the bar won't move. I have tried to restart the launcher and nada.
What now?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Optimization....Really? I'm a LAN administrator and if I decided to "optimize" all of my end users like this well.... I'd be fired. I sure hope someone at Blizzard got a pink slip today. You did a marvelous job pissing of your paying customers. There goes 1 million more subscriptions lost to the competition..
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Rogue
Sigh - looks like we'll be cancelling tonight's raid.... well at least i can still play Star Wars....
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
01/31/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Oranthall
Optimization....Really? I'm a LAN administrator and if I decided to "optimize" all of my end users like this well.... I'd be fired. I sure hope someone at Blizzard got a pink slip today. You did a marvelous job pissing of your paying customers. There goes 1 million more subscriptions lost to the competition..

What Blizz does and what you do are 2 completely different things. So leave the comic book guy attitude bay. If you don't like it, play another game, but don't hop on the forum just to act all high and mighty because something didn't work for you. I find it irritating when people like your self hop on here throwing around what you do for a living and attempting to apply it to what a GLOBAL COMPANY does, as if what you do has any bearing on a large scale implementation. Check your ego, then form an opinion.

As for the optimization, it worked fine for me, so maybe you should look at your gear. Even if you think it's "Top of the line 1337 pwning" whatever, these things happen. Nothing is flawless. Every company has these issues. Hell, I had them doing Office 2010 roll outs, some machines just don't like it. So chill. Don't you have an install disc? Do you not back up your install? These are things a LAN Admin should be doing anyways.

FYI: It says 15 minutes, mine took about 45 on a raid 0 array, then I moved it back to my 32gb flash drive without problems. So again, check your gear buddy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]