[H] <Akai Soubi> is NOT currently recruiting!

90 Orc Shaman
<Akai Soubi> is NOT currently looking for more raiders!

Preserving the rest of the content of this post to save myself a lot of work later, but Akai Soubi has stopped raiding for the time being.

We're a horde progression-oriented 10-man raiding guild! If you'd like to learn more about us, read on, or feel free to browse www.akaisoubi.net/apply =D
We raid Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 7:30-11pm PST, and Sunday night from 7-11pm PST. We're committed for excellence, and looking for players who can demonstrate that they're at the top of their game.

We are currently seeking additional members!

1 DPS
Rogue
Death Knight
Druid
Hunter
Shaman - Enhancement
Warrior

1 Healer
Druid
Paladin
Monk

We will always consider a truly exceptional application regardless of class, but if yours isn't listed above please bear in mind that our standards will be quite high. If you think you're awesome and we'd be a good home for you, though, do feel free to apply!

We want reliable, mature, skilled players who view loot as a tool to improve their game, and not as the goal of raiding.Akai was originally formed in July 2005 as a 40 man guild. We've been consistently raiding 25 man content since before I joined in March 2008. Now we've moved on to heroic 10 man content. In my time, Akai has gotten a few notable 25 man accomplishments:

Led server progression in Sunwell, getting Entropius to under 10k before the big nerf (grah! So close!)
Realm first Algalon. Missed realm first Yogg+0 by less than a week (grah again, but grats to the guys who got it =D)
Realm first H Anub.
Realm first LK, were working on H LK when 4.0 happened.
Realm first H Halion. <3 Cutters.
Led server progression in T11, getting down every H boss but Al'Akir and ascendants before T12 was released. <3 Sinestra, but not her wrack ><
Server first H Baleroc (before the big nerf =D), hitting p4 H Rag before DS came out. (We wound up getting server first Rag after clearing DS, but that doesn't count the same =p)
Server first Deathwing.

And since our transition to 10s we've gotten server firsts too! Namely:
All H DS fights after mor'chok, including realm first Madness.
Every T14 normal and heroic fight, ending patch 5.1 with 13/16 down.

So yeah, I think its fair to say we're semi-hardcore. We want to stay at that level. Raiding is fun for us, and we intend to keep it that way. To do that, we don't want to do it more than 3 nights a week and we don't want to force people to do crazy things to get server firsts. Its not a race, its just nice to be on top when we are. To keep raiding fun, though, we also have to keep doing well. We're not content to just farm things, we always want to be progressing and tackling harder content. That means every person in the guild should be ready and willing to give it their all, every night, and prepare outside of raids as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~

If this sounds like where you'd like to be, we're waiting to hear from you!
http://www.akaisoubi.net/apply
RealID: applyakai@gmail.com
Edited by Azshios on 6/11/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Oh! right. please let the older thread die, I can edit this one and keep it updated and whatnot.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Kinda sad that you guys are a 10 man guild now. Best of luck to ya.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Wow no more 25 man guilds on Uther now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump because zon'ozz and yor'sahj confuse me with their names, and I need to recruit someone who can help me keep them straight.
Keeping things straight is not my specialty. Burn!
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Warrior
Wait.. what? What happened!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump for dead yor'sahj heroic!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump for Ultraxion down! =-D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump for updated recruitment needs.
Also, heroic Hagara is mean. She's all "rawr" an we're like "blarg!"
Still, for the first half a night of progress, I'm pretty pleased with how its going, frost phase is easier than I had expected. Also, shouldn't grounding totem like, negate the lightning storm? I think so!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Any time! You can add me on real id if you like, applyakai@gmail.com =-)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
that's the real one alright =-)

I'm thinking of maybe dropping EP for Blessing of the Eternals for hagara and warmaster, but I'm not positive yet. I'm pretty confident in the spec for most other fights. TC is kindof meh on ultraxion, but so is BotE on that fight too, so imo its a wash.

Also, mastery heavy build + 4 set bonus or lust or blue buff on ultraxion = happy times. I enjoy my 120k crit heals on yor'sahj that proc 40k awakenings =p
Edited by Azshios on 1/25/2012 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
Bump for Akai caster recruitment!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Heroic Hagara down!
Good fun.
!@#$ ice lances.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump for Zonozz down because im no longer allowed to post in forums other then this one >_>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump for Zon'ozz down! Fun fight, good times. I enjoyed the healing challenge quite a bit (and being carried by our two holy pallies =p).

inb4 lolnerfs:

Yeah, the nerfs really helped. We were planning to go 7/7/7/5, and wound up going 7/5/5/5, which clearly helps quite a bit, to be sure. That said, its not like the 5% trivialized it, I'm proud of our work there =-)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
02/07/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Zelthus
bump for Zonozz down because im no longer allowed to post in forums other then this one >_>

I'd guess cause AS has a reputation to be gentlemen and lovely ladies and you posting a thread like that just makes you look like a D#$@$#.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Zelthus on 2/8/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump for ongoing caster dps needs! The spots are filling up fast!
Got warmaster to the end of p1, but didn't quite push into p2. Fun fight, pretty tricky. P1 wouldn't be so bad if they wouldn't do onslaught, sapper, and drake harpoons at the same damn time ><
At least, pretty tricky with only 3 ranged =p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]