Dragon Soul Weekly GDKP run

90 Draenei Hunter
Traks/DrabusPug is hosting a 25m Dragon Soul GDKP Every Friday at 7:30 server.
Once in game, do /who vanquish and/or send a tell to Calïsto, or ask any member to let Calïsto know you are interested.

What is GDKP?
The way it works is this: You go into an instance, say Naxx, and everyone knows ahead of time that it is a "GDKP run," or a "gold run," or a "cash run." You down the first boss, and Webbed Death drops. The master looter then takes bids of gold on the item (this is done via raid chat), and whoever bids the most gold gets the item. The person who wins then pays that amount of gold (some raids have minimum bids of, say, 100g) to "the pot," and the raid moves on. Another boss drops, another item drops -- usually all items, including recipes and mats, are auctioned off -- and another high bid goes into "the pot." Then, at the end of the raid, the pot is evenly split among all members. Everybody who joined in on the raid gets an even share of the bidded gold, including people who got no items.
Interesting, huh? It helps nearly every kind of character, from the people who don't need any of the gear but will willingly run instances for gold, to the people who don't have too much gear (newly 85 alts), but have plenty of gold to spend. And generally, the concepts of main spec or off-spec are completely ignored -- the item always just goes to the highest bidder. Anytime someone outbids you for an item, it just raises the amount of gold that you'll walk away with at the end, so theoretically, everybody wins.
We will be raiding 25 man content and focus primarily on Dragon Soul on these runs.
If you are interested in other raids, post a message and we can probably get a good
group for you and run you thru whatever you'd like, and we'll give you a price.

Our Rules
1.For Dragon Soul, minimum bids start at 1,000 gold. Each bid after that will be in 1k increments. This is a great opportunity to gear for heroic Dragon Soul.
2. You must stay the entire run to receive your cut of the gold. If you only have an hour to raid, this is not the place for you. This helps us to speed through things, not having to take time to replace people.

We typically make anywhere from 9k to 13k gold each. Of course each week is different, depending on who comes and what drops. It's a great way to get gear and gold.

If you are interested in other instances or achievement runs, please post here and we can probably arrange something. Sometimes we run toons through instances for drakes, give priorities for legendaries, etc.

Purpose
For raiders who are skilled, to down end game content, gear up fast,
and then make large sums of gold to help them as they play World of
Warcraft. The schedule is light so that it doesn't involve a large
time commitment. We run on Friday nights, which is usually off-nights for
most regular guilds.

What Am I looking for?
Either alts from tier 1 guilds, or mains from other guilds. People who
can commit to the schedule, have a great attitude, and have a decent
amount of gold to start with. However, I am flexible on the latter.
Q: If I have never come to your run before, and have no experience,
should I still sign up?
A: Yes. As long as you are around iLvl 372 and can perform, sign up. We
sometimes have our core wanting to bring their alts and thus we
require a certain class to fill their previous role
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Also Hosting Preformed LFR's on Sundays at 7:30 server
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
the preform lfr is free incase anyone was wondering.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
GDKP every friday @ 7:30 server

1000g bids min

gold split 25 ways @ end

min ilvl 372

vent required

contact me in game or here or on my alt Calïsto
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hope to see plenty of you guys there!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
The run usually needs healers and ranged/ caster dps
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Please bring food and flasks. I Normally supply the flasks but not sure if i will this week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hope to see a bunch of people at raid tonight!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Dont be saved to any bosses
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Please know the fights ahead of time. Know the differences in Normal from LFR
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Bring consumeables food and Pots
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
hopefully someone can maybe run World of logs at the run for us :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Yeah mate I think it will work out well. One thing I think we would need to do to see it really succeed is make sure we have a good balance of people that are geared and just there for the gold to help carry the people that are there for the gear. And I know thats how you have always done it in the past but there are a few really healing intensive fights so I think its very important that we have that balance.
Edited by Bladechaos on 1/7/2012 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you are interested in other instances or achievement runs, please post here and we can probably arrange something. Sometimes we run toons through instances for drakes, give priorities for legendaries, etc.

question, have you all downed H. Nef? On the Raid Progression thread i only see Reawaken as having downed him. I would like the title of Blackwings Bane(on my main)that you get for getting him down. I was thinking of paying with a tcg mount that you can sell then split up with your group, i sell some here on staghelm and they regularly get me 125k-150k each
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
My guild hasn't killed him but im sure we can work something out contact me in game would love to give this a shot. You can reach me on this toon or my pali Calïsto
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
great job everyone for a first night on ds gdkp
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
slight rule change each boss will get 3 -4 attempts on 25 if we get stuck for some odd reason we will kill the boss on 10 and move to the next on 25.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
gdkp tomorrow 7:30pm server friday 1/13/2012
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hope to see a bunch of people on time or early :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]