Why report AFK?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
So I am in a AB, and we are not even close to winning. The allies had 4 solid healers and 2 off healers. I am not sure if we even had a healer. I was sure we started out with two but I never seem to be fighting in our healers zone.

So the game is almost over with. Most of us not bots have done our part and suicidally tried to win with allie heals all around us. It was pointless but nothing else to do with just over three minutes left before the allies win. We couldnt win unless we 5 cap and we couldnt hold 3 and barely held 2. Well players decided they wanted to kick a player for being afk because he decided to sit in gy. When they called for kicking him I thought, why kick? All that will happen is we will pull another guy into a loss and everyone hates it when that happens to them.

So I decided maybe he is an honor leach, and went to look at the stats. They guy has died a great deal of the time, has as many HKs and one of the few with actually KBs, so he isnt a bot. I decided to guard flag node (so I dont get kicked for being afk) and look into this more. I found no case where he was rude, but 1 case where he pointed out that the healers were free casting.

So my question is why report him afk? IF a player has thrown himself/herself out there again and again and did what he/she could for team while there was still a glimmer of hope, why decide with just minutes left to report this person or anyone afk? IF there is no chance of recovery why drag a new player into a loss?

If the game is that bad, get over it. Accept that it was bad bg. Dont try to punish other players who tried with a 15minute penalty and a stick a new player with a loss.

For the record I refused to report him AFK but I guess enough players did and he left the bg with less than a minute by my clock and we got a new player who did even have a chance to run to farm from starting zone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
If a person decides to sit in the gy for the last 3 minutes of a BG, he is AFK. Play till the end or I report you.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warrior
05/10/2012 02:54 AMPosted by Armsaun
If a person decides to sit in the gy for the last 3 minutes of a BG, he is AFK. Play till the end or I report you.

my thoughts exactly if you don't like it leave and get the debuff.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
So I am in a AB, and we are not even close to winning. The allies had 4 solid healers and 2 off healers. I am not sure if we even had a healer. I was sure we started out with two but I never seem to be fighting in our healers zone.

So the game is almost over with. Most of us not bots have done our part and suicidally tried to win with allie heals all around us. It was pointless but nothing else to do with just over three minutes left before the allies win. We couldnt win unless we 5 cap and we couldnt hold 3 and barely held 2. Well players decided they wanted to kick a player for being afk because he decided to sit in gy. When they called for kicking him I thought, why kick? All that will happen is we will pull another guy into a loss and everyone hates it when that happens to them.

So I decided maybe he is an honor leach, and went to look at the stats. They guy has died a great deal of the time, has as many HKs and one of the few with actually KBs, so he isnt a bot. I decided to guard flag node (so I dont get kicked for being afk) and look into this more. I found no case where he was rude, but 1 case where he pointed out that the healers were free casting.

So my question is why report him afk? IF a player has thrown himself/herself out there again and again and did what he/she could for team while there was still a glimmer of hope, why decide with just minutes left to report this person or anyone afk? IF there is no chance of recovery why drag a new player into a loss?

If the game is that bad, get over it. Accept that it was bad bg. Dont try to punish other players who tried with a 15minute penalty and a stick a new player with a loss.

For the record I refused to report him AFK but I guess enough players did and he left the bg with less than a minute by my clock and we got a new player who did even have a chance to run to farm from starting zone.

You seem to care too much about this "other guy" for it not to have been YOU. Admit it...you arent here questioning why some "other guy" got booted from that BG...YOU got booted and you got booted because you chose to GY sit in a game where you knew you were going to lose. I would not have booted you at that point...even if I dont admire the fact that you quit...I really dont see any point in quitting. Go out and earn some HKs for yourself and your teammates...kill some of your opponents...but why just sit in a GY doing nothing? Again, I would not have booted YOU for that, but I would not do that myself....people quit too early sometimes....seem to think the BG is lost when it is not...this happens in IoC a lot....people type in "GG losers" only to see their team kill the boss before their opponent and win the game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
they reported him afk because wait for it.... He was afk omg what a shock
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
There is no preset reason for reporting AFKs. I report people AFK when they act like 13 year old kids or speak in ebonics.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
lol

You seem to care too much about this "other guy" for it not to have been YOU. Admit it...you arent here questioning why some "other guy" got booted from that BG...YOU got booted and you got booted because you chose to GY sit in a game where you knew you were going to lose. I would not have booted you at that point...even if I dont admire the fact that you quit...I really dont see any point in quitting. Go out and earn some HKs for yourself and your teammates...kill some of your opponents...but why just sit in a GY doing nothing? Again, I would not have booted YOU for that, but I would not do that myself....people quit too early sometimes....seem to think the BG is lost when it is not...this happens in IoC a lot....people type in "GG losers" only to see their team kill the boss before their opponent and win the game.

This
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
You guys are missing OP's point. His point isn't "Don't kick the guy because there's only a few minutes left and you shouldn't care," it's "Don't kick the guy because if you kick him, someone else will get brought into the losing BG and it will be unfair to them because they surely waited for this."
I agree with OP's point. Wish people would read.
Reply Quote
14 Tauren Paladin
Was in a Isle of Conquest the other day with 4 other folks just farming honor when a premade came through for the GY camp strat.

The premade kicked our buddy for going docks so the last four of us booted the 3 leaders of their premade.

Talk about fun... the first got insta kicked and the next 2 wouldnt get into combat because they wouldnt leave the front door of ally keep.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Why is that bad though? There have been many times where I port into a hopelessly lost BG that's at its end. I stand there 15 seconds, get my losing honor, leave, and jump in a nearly instantaneous queue for another BG.

Won't hear me argue with free honor, especially on my toons with 525 enchanting where 700 honor = maelstrom crystal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I once got reported afk/kicked for having 0kbs and very little dmg, i only had 3 flag caps and 2 flag defenses lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
AM I the only person who noticed the date of the OP? WTF?!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/10/2012 02:54 AMPosted by Armsaun

nice necro
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
agreed. No one likes being pulled into a game three seconds from losing.
Reply Quote
35 Human Warlock
AM I the only person who noticed the date of the OP? WTF?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]