"Launcher Cannot Obtain Patching Information"

90 Pandaren Shaman
I'll give you my take on how I got mine fixed. Hopefully it will help someone having the same problem.

After reading the comments, I decided that I would try updating the .mflil file.

I went to http://patchup.info/downloads/ to download the file.
Then I added the file to my wow directory and followed the instructions on this page: http://patchup.info/updating/

Once I did what it said and ran the Blizzard Updater. Once updated, I fired up the WoW application itself and logged in. It told me to download and apply a patch. Once it updated the patch, I could log on and play just as normal.

However, the Launcher STILL does not work correctly. Not sure if I missed a post on that bit, but the game is working correctly for me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
It would be soooo cool if someone could help me rather then ignore me. I have tried everything my game won't work.
Edited by Geørgebüsh on 2/28/2012 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Seriously they have better customer service at Wal-mart.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
02/28/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Chaps
However, the Launcher STILL does not work correctly. Not sure if I missed a post on that bit, but the game is working correctly for me.

Would you mind creating a thread for the Launcher not working ?

I have a feeling what's wrong but don't want to address it in this thread as it's a bit off topic for the thread.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Same problem here - Mac OS 10.6 - Cannot obtaing patching information. Check your internet connection.

I've tried all the solutions below but still no result!
- renewed DNS
- used the Option+Comman+P+R reset
- reinstalled 3x wow
- user repair tool (couldn't connect)
- everything else =[
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
My wow has been sending me the can not obtain patching information every time i try it and i have been trying for almost 3months what should i do? It is really pissing me off!
Edited by Bannanaboy on 7/17/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you've tried closing background applications or patching in safe mode and see if it helps? This might be due to a security application or another application causing issues.
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
could this mess up my computer in any way?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
No, as you can restart the application to bring the process up, or restart it to go back to normal.
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]