The Iron Man Challenge

85 Human Paladin
...this has me intrigued.
85 Night Elf Rogue
I gave this a shot tonight with a human rogue.

It went pretty smooth, though I did find myself briefly distracted by a death knight auction (death knights for sale. I dunno, they volunteered.) The trip through the Fargo Deep Mine was a little rocky, but then again it typically is with all the kobolds around and no proper escape abilities.

Unfortunately I was eaten by wolves at level 7. Time for a reroll.
10 Gnome Warrior
Well, Iv'e been doing extensive research and I might just use 1 talent point to get Blood thirst and put the talent point in something useless

Since hunters/warlocks do get a pet why not get a free ability?

The other rules still stand though hopefully im still valid :-)

Because not dying to the trip to 85 is a pretty amazing feat if you ask me
Edited by Ironglitter on 1/8/2012 6:44 PM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
01/06/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Shandrìs
1) No items equipped other than White or Gray items.

3) No talent points- no specialization - you may train class abilities

9) THE BIG ONE - if you die, ever, you delete that toon and start over at lvl 1
These are the only 3 I haven't done. When I was a noob I pretty much played the game the other ways because I didn't know any better. I may take you up on this offer. I'm about to quit soon so I'm not really sure I have the desire to even try this anymore. We'll see.
14 Tauren Paladin
Well, Iv'e been doing extensive research and I might just use 1 talent point to get Blood thirst and put the talent point in something useless

Since hunters/warlocks do get a pet why not get a free ability?

The other rules still stand though hopefully im still valid :-)

Because not dying to the trip to 85 is a pretty amazing feat if you ask me

Yeah. I'm severely tempted to pick up a specialization too. Though, my reasoning is more because only having crusader strike and judgement to kill things is rather boring.

I'll try to stay within the given rules, but I can't say how long that particular one will last.
Edited by Syntax on 1/8/2012 7:04 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
0 profit
0 point

Some people want to do it because they *gasp!* ENJOY IT.

How dare they choose to play the game how they want!
85 Undead Warrior
8) No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons)

id do it if Enti's Quenched Sword still had no lvl cap would have 2 farm gold to buy 1 off ah but meh wool cloth $$$$$$

.. sigh lvl 10 twink with that ripping face rend ticks killing lvl 50 players in seconds
85 Gnome Rogue
Finally done in by respawns in Kurzen's Compound. I wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't been trapped in a building when it happened. Try to stay outside when you can!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Ironwoman/simple

Ironwoman & WarMastiff Diary Entry 4
Dear Diary,

Damn Respawns!
Edited by Selenagnomez on 1/9/2012 12:21 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Definitely thinking of trying this :D
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Something to add tot he list if you really want to go hardcore. No maps Disable them in the interface and find your way by quest text or asking passersby where to go.
10 Gnome Warrior
01/09/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Ariã
Something to add tot he list if you really want to go hardcore. No maps Disable them in the interface and find your way by quest text or asking passersby where to go.

Thats Brutal XD

85 Blood Elf Hunter
01/09/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Ironglitter
Thats Brutal XD

lol indeed it is.
25 Dwarf Hunter
01/08/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Chérylynne
...this has me intrigued.

So much so that I'm giving it a shot (this is Cherylynne). Why not? It'll most likely be a pet project of sorts, but it seems interesting. Let's see how this goes :)

I chose a Dwarf Hunter for a few reasons, but mostly Stoneform as a nice emergency button, and the fact that the name I intended for the character would fit a dwarf best. I am a roleplayer, after all lol

I was pleasantly surprised to see that dwarves start out with a bear. I named him Ironhide.

------

I was wondering about bags, though. Do they also have to be grey/white quality? I assumed that tailor-made bags were out, but one could at least grind the reputation for the faction bags through quests.
Edited by Ironia on 1/9/2012 4:48 AM PST
12 Night Elf Warrior
Ok, I'm in, but only in my spare time. Oh, and I may just ignore the reroll rule, sorry but doing lvls 1-10 over and over again is not a challenge, it's the definition of insanity.
11 Night Elf Mage
Check out http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/antonidas/Peace%20Corps/ and follow their methods. It's equally as hard, however, I remember hearing about one person who made L85 with no kills, and "no" quests (Not counting the one from the Argent Tournament which automatically procs and completes when you check your Mailbox at L78 or something.)

No kills!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]