When is 4.3.2 live?

85 Human Death Knight
Tuesday? Want to know so I can say good bye to my blood pvp spec.
Edited by Vespral on 1/9/2012 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Are those tears running down your face?

/grabs rain barrel for incoming tears
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
No tears, just death. The death of all tanks in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Blood will be perfectly viable in 4.3.2

You won't be able to hit baddies for 50k anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well, A Tuesday, for sure. It went on the PTR last week, so it will be undergoing testing for at least 2 weeks. Perhaps a Tuesday in February?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
People seem to be missing the major thing about 4.3.2
the (x86) tag
That means the 64-bit client is coming along nicely.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Ya so my PvE blood spec will still work fine, I'm more worried about the arena side of things. Gonna go from 2k to 1500.
Edited by Vespral on 1/9/2012 6:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tank specs should have never attempted to be viable for pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
People seem to be missing the major thing about 4.3.2
the (x86) tag
That means the 64-bit client is coming along nicely.

What does that mean?
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
01/09/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Vespral
Tuesday? Want to know so I can say good bye to my blood pvp spec.

If you want to play DPS in PVP then play DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Ya so my PvE blood spec will still work fine, I'm more worried about the arena side of things. Gonna go from 2k to 1500.

Oh, I'm sorry. You wanna be carried via a tanking spec through arena? Here, let me change that back for you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
01/09/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Play
I wouldn't get your hopes up for this tuesday... or the next, or probably even the next after that. In fact , at least a month, according to Blizzard PTR patterns.

Well in that case, time to push for rank 1 in 2s trololol

Oh, I'm sorry. You wanna be carried via a tanking spec through arena? Here, let me change that back for you.

No one cares about balance in 2s, why I enjoy our comp. We have lost to double rogues countless times and disc/mage destroys us.
Edited by Vespral on 1/9/2012 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Do you plan to drink them?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

Do you plan to drink them?

I'm sure the Mages have their barrels full.

After their 4% nerf and all that.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
01/09/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Vespral

I doubt it.

Beyond 1500 you're running into players who are intelligent enough (or have at least fought enough DKs) to kite you, CC you, and shiv/tranq off vengeance anyway. So you're not really running full veng anyway and even when you do get in range for some attacks you likely wont have full veng up for big burst anyway.

Will blood dk damage go down in arena? yeah. But beyond the average player range it wont see a lot of change. Like I said, good players already counter vengeance, the only thing vengeance wrecked were baddies.

On the other hand though, players at your ratings range might take this to mean they can "ignore" blood dks since they wont need to "worry about vengeance anymore," which is a mistake in a lot of ways. If you're playing right, your ratings shouldnt really change much, but if you get into some matches against over confident players you might actually go up a bit to start with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Welcome to being the "new Warlock." IT'S A TANK KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT FREE HONOR KILL IT FREE KILL BABY!!!! :(

Tank specs are, I think, going to wind up being outlast specs rather than straight up damage specs. It's like the old Siphon Life / Soul Link Warlock specs where the entire point is to not let your DoTs fall off while soaking up damage. The heal from Siphon Life and the damage pass from Soul Link made up for it. Then Blizzard decided to make Warlocks less tanky and mauled that spec. The end result was a nerf to Fear to try and fix Warlock PvP issues.

Be grateful if this is the only nerf tank specs get.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Mages have their barrels full.

Not to derail here.. but.. you doesnt understand "dem maths!" do ya?

Fireball nerfed 6% means a straight 6% reduction in FB damage.

Pyroblast nerfed 6% means a straight 6% reduction in pyro damage (nerf probably applies to the dot as well)

Ignite damage is based off of fireball and pyro crits (LB ticks cant proc it, and the "boom" at the end makes up such a miniscule amount of potential ignite damage, it might as well be ignored). Therefore this is roughly a ~10-12% nerf to ignite damage.

Combustion is based off of dots on the target. A nerf to pyro dot means less dot damage, a nerf to pyro/fb means less ignite damage, combine the two and you have a nerf to combustion. Combustion also adds in living bombs tick damage as well, but ignite damage I THINK makes up the bulk of what combustion will do if used properly.

Essentially a small portion of ignites damage, living bomb dot + explosion, and fire orb are all that ARENT nerfed out of a fire mages single target damage. If those three things made up 25% of a mages damage, you're still looking at close to a 10% damage nerf (12% nerf to the two primary spells, if you assume they make up ~75% of a mages damage by both direct and indirect damage, ie: straight damage + proced effects based on their damage.. meaning 12% x 0.75 = 9%). So no, its not as "insignificant" as you would think.

lets see, you're a destro lock, so let me put this in terms you can understand. Lets say blizzard nerfed immolates direct damage and dot by 6%. People would mock it as a miniscule reduction right? Well it also reduces conflags damage since thats based on immolate. Meaning its actually more of a nerf than people give it credit for.

Now, imagine if incinerates and CBs damage were based on immolates damage (and not just it being active on the target). Again, it would be a much larger nerf than you'd think when you so "lol 6%."

Well, thats a fire mage. Fireball/Pyro may only "look" like ~40% of their total damage, but when you actually take a minute to pull your head out of your butt and understand how all of the mage mechanics stack upon each other in fire, and all of it boils back to fireball and pyroblast? Then you realize your comments are stupid and make you look foolish.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Mages have their barrels full.

Not to derail here.. but.. you doesnt understand "dem maths!" do ya?

I actually HAVE done the math. (Though, I'll redo it here because I got some wrong)

http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T13H.html#Mage_Fire_T13H

Assuming a flat 6% nerf to Ignite, Combustion, Fireball and Pyroblast (which is unrealistic, so sue me. I'm lazy), we get this.

DPS: 56434

Combustion = 5273 DPS, 5273*.06 = 316 DPS loss.
Combustion (DTR) = 476 DPS, 476*.06 = 29 DPS loss.

Total = 345 DPS loss

Fireball = 20056 DPS, 20056*.06 = 1203 DPS loss
Fireball (DTR) = 1680 DPS, 1680*.06 = 101 DPS loss

Total = 1648 DPS loss

Ignite = 9870 DPS, 9780*.06 = 592 DPS loss.

Total = 2240 DPS loss.

Pyroblast = 6739 DPS, 6739*.06 = 404 DPS loss
Pyroblast (DTR) = 564 DPS, 564*.06 = 34 DPS loss.

Total DPS loss = 2678 DPS loss.

Assuming my math is correct, this would (theoretically) place them at 53756 DPS.

Or a 4.8% nerf. (Which is assuming a Patchwerk fight in a vacuum).

100 DPS behind Arcane and 1400 DPS ahead of demo.

Is the nerf significant? Yes. But Fire is still a VERY strong spec. I don't see why Mages are complaining honestly.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure with Fire mechanics, so feel free to point out any mistakes I may have made so I can correct them.
Edited by Awkward on 1/9/2012 7:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]