8/8 394 Frost DK Looking for H Raiding Guild

85 Orc Death Knight
2 healers in my guild got bored with the game and as a result we are no longer raiding. I am currently looking for a guild that can take care of my raiding desires.

Me: I have played WoW since vanilla and currently rock every class at 85 except a rogue. All of my toons except my DK are on KT; the DK was xfered to DrakTheron just before Cata. I raided in TBC, Wrath, and cleared T11 and Heroic Firelands minus Rag.

What I'm looking for: A guild at least 8/8 DS Reg who is about to or is working on heroics. I only want to raid 8-12 hours a week, spread between 2 or 3 days Sun-Thurs. I am generally unavailable after 11-12pm server time depending on the day, so ideally I'm lookin for anything around a server start time of 7-9ish pm.

Gear: My DPS gear as you armory me is sittin at 394. My tank set is 386. I play frost best and enjoy it a lot as it is very similar to Enhancement which I have played since the beginning. However, I can switch to Unholy and I do tank a lot.

Anything else?: Like I said, I have many toons including: Enhance, Mage, Feral, Huntard, Holy/Ret, Prot/Arms War, Lock, SPriest. I can link armories if you are interested as I am willing to raid on any of them (Of my alts, I play the Sham and Mage best). I'm only going to Xfer one toon tho.
Oh ya, I am capable of speaking on vent!

Here is my last WoL entry. I was the 2nd tank that night, so some fights I am tanking, some I am DPS'ing: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u0roc06pgt1gg1xb/sum/damageDone/

If interested, reply below, mail me at Gokanma on Drak'Theron or Gokanma on Kael'Thas
Edited by Gokanma on 1/11/2012 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
OOB
Hi Gokanma,

We are adding dps to our roster atm, so you can get in for a trial if you want. We've been looking for a good DK ever since the legendary Obsidia quit raiding.

Our info is here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920719298

Cheers,
Jehanne
oobguild.net
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Eh, I would need more of a commitment than a trial considering it would require a server and faction change
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
I don't get why are you expecting commitment? No one knows your performance or personality. Both are a big enough factor to warrant a trial period. If you've played since vanilla you are probably aware of this.

But anyways, good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
OOB
Jehanne.. you now have an amazing dk on your roster XD
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
There are other things you can do to look at one's performance and personality than just a blind test. All I was saying is a faction change is pretty substantive and would require more attention than just a "Well you can xfer here and give it a shot"
Edited by Gokanma on 1/16/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gokanma - no disrespect intended, but I can see their point my friend. So many toons are bought, or handed down that it becomes difficult to tell who leveled the toon to begin with. I feel your pain, but it remains difficult for someone who does not know you to just simply take your word for it.

Just saying.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
The opposite to your point would be that I just have to take their word for it that xfering to their faction and server wouldn't be a waste of money and time, and is done without even a conversation on vent or anything
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
01/17/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gokanma
The opposite to your point would be that I just have to take their word for it that xfering to their faction and server wouldn't be a waste of money and time, and is done without even a conversation on vent or anything

Both are valid points.

I was just presenting my opinion. It's a leap of faith on each side. And a lot of times it works out, others it does not.

We had people who transferred who were down right rude, racists and childish. But we also have had people transfer who are part of our core now.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Glad to see people don't just waste money so freely :).
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
Gokanma - as someone who faction transferred from Horde to Alliance at the beginning of Firelands I was in the same boat you are now. The leadership are quite reasonable, I can't think of anyone who was kicked out for under-performing or anything like that in my tenure. As long as you are willing to work on things that need to be improved (if there is anything to be improved, that is), and as long as you are a pleasant companion, I'm quite sure there will be nothing to worry about. If they let me in, they obviously don't set the bar too unreasonably high :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
It really comes down to this. If you are a skilled player, who has a bare minimum tolerable personality, transfer. As stated it's a 2 way street, but if your a competent player any guild, including kinsmen , would be happy to have your on their raiding roster. Feel free to look us up at www.kinsmenguild.com or find me in game if you have any questions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/17/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Drëams
It really comes down to this. If you are a skilled player, who has a bare minimum tolerable personality, transfer. As stated it's a 2 way street, but if your a competent player any guild, including kinsmen , would be happy to have your on their raiding roster. Feel free to look us up at www.kinsmenguild.com or find me in game if you have any questions.

I agree with everything skill wise, but I would hope that the person is more then just barely tolerable personality wise. I would hope the goal is to recruit people that not only carry their guilds tag, but do it in a way that reflects well on the guild. The kind of person that shows respect to the people aren't them, even if they don't always deserve it. Not the kind of person that trash talks in trade, or acts in a way that makes the guild look bad. Basically someone that wears their guild tag with pride, which ever guild that is... You combine that with a skilled and geared player, then that person is a major asset. I don't know you personally, but I know some people that came from Greff Squad that used to be in one of the original large guilds on Kael'thas, and they have all been great people to raid with.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Bringing nachos will earn you huge browny points with Kinsmen. Randomly typing "no lettuce" in guild chat will score big with me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
GOK FOR PRESIDENT!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
go-kan-ma??????
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]