Maiev Population: Extremely Low

85 Night Elf Druid
I wish for a game to take me away from WoW because I very much Dislike (and even hate) Blizzard as a company. I disagree with most of everything they do; they just have a better product so I can't really leave. If WAR had a much bigger community and if at least half my friends play it, i'd be playing that game right now.

low population is a HUGE problem in this game and Blizzard simply doesn't give a !@#$. Doesn't make me feel like an appreciated customer. Blizzard doesn't care about the problems of the minority of their players.

BTW; Trion has completely free server transfers with a 3 day CD that you do In-Game. Tells me that they actually care more about their players. just saying; Blizzard charging for server transfers is completely greed based.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Maiev makes me sad. It sucks soo bad. It makes me want to quit playing wow because I don't want to spend $75 bucks to transfer my 3 85's to a new server. And then another $20 to transfer the guild. I spent so much time working on this server. I'd hate to have to start over. I would love this to merge with another server or give us a free server transfer to get the !@#$ out before we all get bored and quit. :(
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
Sometimes they open up free transfers TO low population servers. But thats a rare option.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I used to play on Smolderthorn, which was one of the old, old servers. Back in wrath it was high pop, but they had so many technical issues with the server that people kept leaving, and at the start of Cataclysm it was a low pop server. They were able to, through constant pestering of blizzard staff I imagine, get the realm switched to a "New Players" realm. I don't play on the realm anymore, so I have no idea how well it worked, but since it is now a medium server again I would imagine it helped a bit.

As far as free transfers from high to low pop servers...I havn't seen anything like that in a while, and I don't think you will see it again. They really should merge some low pop servers, but even that is only a short term solution.

TLDR: Constantly asking Blizz to Maiev a new players realm so that it is at the top of the list when people are choosing a server is probably your best bet.
Edited by Jezzebel on 2/7/2012 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
This server is so dead it bored most of my guildies and most of them quit, well along with other factors I assume but playing on a ghost town realm isn't my idea of fun. I think most of the Maiev population would agree that Blizzard needs to do something about our 300 person population.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

New Players only helps to provide Maiev with more bottom feeders that probably won't stay as productive members of the server, thanks to the demographics new players generally tend to come from.

I really like the idea of either merging servers or having some free transfers, though.

Well I guess that suggestion benefits the OP the most, who is a leveling player, looking for a leveling guild. A lot of the players that are leaving the game because of end of the xpac doldrums have been playing the game for years. New players might be more likely to stick around for longer.

Anyways, there are always players quitting and you are not going to sustain a realms population just from transfers, getting new players is probably the best way.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
hey im 2200
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
RBG's is hard.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
02/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Bestovian
hey im 2200

More confused on what that has to do with anything.
Reply Quote
37 Troll Rogue
Aye they should really merge the motha effin low pop servers. All I hear in trade nowadays is how low and dead this server is. But I am one of the many faithfuls on this server and I know that there are many others out there. One thing I do to get Maiev out there is when I do randoms and any character/toon/lvl, I make a macro and I advertise our server and how they should come here and blah blah. But yeah I dedicated myself to this server for sooooo long that I aint transfering or paying any more money to those greedy people. Unite the servers I say, which means less people quitting the game greedy blizzard people who make rules!!!
Reply Quote
37 Troll Rogue
Waffles you are a legend man, and I will be the first to admit, you guys made this server what it is today. I miss when you guys would do realm first shiz lol. Good old days. They should really think about merging the low pop servers which would equal a lot of players being happy!!! Please blizzard I would do anything. Anything of yeah ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard will never merge servers because it will cause panic that the game is dying.

Blizzard wants your 25 dollars.

If it took you a long time to achieve your level of progression as a level 42 then the 25 dollars is worth it if you are serious about keeping that character.

If anything Blizzard would just open up free x-fers for bigger realms to come to Maiev.

Only people that would come here in their right mind is hardcore raiding guilds that want server firsts.

Or people looking for easy Gladiator titles on a horrible battlegroup.

I feel as if this is leah talking
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I think the Server could use a boost to the population as well. When I started playing(May 2010) My friends picked this server and it was listed as a "New Player" server. So doing this would help a lot or advertise to full pop. realms that they are doing free transfers here.

In the end its up to the players to decide if they want to come here or not. :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I still stand by my idea. Blizzard should have an option for mass transfer of an account to another server. I mean myself I have 7 85s I play regularly, and to transfer them all to another server would cost me more than I (or anyone) would be willing to pay. I started on Maiev 5 years ago, and still to this day it's a small dying server. I think once in all my time on this server we hit medium population for about 6 months. As is, most of my friends have quit, or server transferred and would like me to continue playing the game with them, but it's just too expensive, or too hard to choose one character to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah iv played maiev for 4 years now. It once had medium population in wrath but when cataclysm came out alot of people left. BLizz should really transfer this server or something because there just lossing more people because of no transfers from maiev. Also the less people on the server really degrades the game quality and game content.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I agree, this realm should be registered as a "New Player Realm." I started playing late WoTLK and the realm was nice and balanced. We need more Horde for sure, I'm unsure about the Alliance. I'd love to see this server active again, I leveled 4 85s here, I have no desire to leave. May Maiev rise again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]