Flim-Flam at the Faire (RP)Feb. 5

90 Human Rogue
With surprising speed for such a fat man, the mark whirled at the sound of a sneeze much too close behind him. He stared suspiciously at the black-haired woman mumbling an apology into the soggy handkerchief that covered half her face, then, patting his purse possesively he turned and went his way.

"Blast this cold, blast blast blast!" What good did having nimble fingers and a whole Faire full of plump-pursed rubes do her if she was going to sneeze at the most delicate moment? Gazing at the game booths, souvenir stands, and food vendors doing thriving business, Natesa twitched with greed. She had to figure out a way to get her hands on her fair share of that gold so casually spent by fools who didn't deserve it the way she did.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Darkmoon Faire seems like an ideal setting for casual, walk-up RP! Calling all flim-flam artists, con-men, quacks, rubes, guards, carnies, fair goers, what-have-you, to join me and my characters at the Faire on its next opening day: Sunday, February 5. Let's make the Faire a place where people can be guaranteed to find some fun RP every month.

If you'd like to post what your character might be up to at the coming fair, please feel free to add to this thread.

This Sunday!!
Edited by Natesa on 2/2/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Natesa sorted through the gew-gaws, trinkets, and well, just plain junk cluttering her Old Town apartment. Nodding to herself, she set aside a pile of empty wallets to refurbish, the former owners didn't have a use for them anymore, and since she was a leatherworker she could make them look like new. A pile of 'genuine silver' pocket watches joined them. Hmm, maybe some fine 'imported' hickory pipes. What else could she talk some rube into paying good gold for?

This might not be as lucretive a venture as pick-pocketing, but much less risky. She had been worried that the Darkmoon Faire folks might have some connection with the Steamwheedle Cartel bunch. Didn't want to go down that dark alley these days, not after what she'd done in Booty Bay, allegedly done she reminded herself. Natesa actually felt her spirits lifting, it would be fun to see what she could pawn off for real gold at the next Faire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What does the future hold for you? You may discover what the Fates have planned by having your choice of a Fortune Card or Fortune Cookie specially selected for you by Madame Rosina. This service will be at absolutely no charge, courtesy of the Geographica guild. (One per customer please)

Madame Rosina, fortune teller and frost mage (freezing one's enemies is much less messy, my dear), will be at the Darkmoon Faire on its opening day,Sunday February 5. Times will be random.
Edited by Rosina on 1/16/2012 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
A gnome will be walking around, followed by a large crawdad. Why? Only those seeking him will know, those with wishes to be granted, those that do not mind paying...a price.
Reply Quote
G'day my good fellow!

Y' know...

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time...

...and that urchin just lifted y'r watch.

Jak's m' name. Jak Orphan. Welcome to the Faire.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Goblin religion? Goblin's believe that all of creation began with a big BANG!

*laughter ensues*

Revrynn inhales with a hiss and comes out with a rather deep voice "I find you lack of Faith... disturbing"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crossfaction roleplay here we come!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
"Liam, as our new Argent page I want you to accompany me to the Darkmoon Faire"

Liam's eyes widen "Yessum!"

"You'll have some duties, but mostly you'll have free time. To explore..."

Liam's jaw drops "Reeely?"

Syv smiles.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Every hour or so, a crawdad the size of a tauren's head will go streaking across the sky in an orange blur, freshly shot out of the cannon, trying to aim for that hole in the water.

Creators have mercy on whoever it lands on.
Reply Quote
54 Blood Elf Hunter
"Don't you have any...like...arrows? Geesh, rifles are so noisy!"

Making quite a spectacle of herself at the shooting range booth, the young Farstrider trainee gradually becomes obssessive with hitting as many targets as she can, outright shoving people off the rifles to man them herself. Alone. And having an obscene amount of fun while doing it.

Well, as long as her surplus of tickets lasted.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Laughing at Laelah as I pass by I see the petting zoo across the yonder.
"Aww look at the pretty pony! I want to ride the pony!" I yell as i stampede towards the pony. I get up to the pony and I attempt to get on the pony when...javascript:;
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
LHC
Leveling her shining sword at chest height, the young paladin smirked before turning on an armored heel to leave her office in Stormwind. The Faire was coming again, and while she did have a multitude of tasks, soldiers to move, and inventory to tend, her skin tensed with adrenaline at the thought of stepping back into the pits for more 'me-time'.

With a casual saunter, she expressed her next thought as more of a sidenote, or in her mind, as one would write a small reminder at the foot of a page in a book. -I might do a bit of looking around, or shopping if they have anything worth seeing.- The self comment ended as her sword locked into place across her back, her stride even, but at effort to keep the energy in her pace concealed.

"...I hope there's a party this time."

// Always happy to see and roleplay with others! Hopefully it'll be a good turnout all faire. If I'm not in the Pit, say hello!

Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
+++ Calling all Role players new and old to come to the Faire this Sunday ( Feb. 5) afternoon in character! Let's have some casual, light-hearted rp that is welcoming to folks interested in trying out rp for the first time, as well as opportunities for those people who like to get deeper into their characters.

My character Natesa will be there at random times through out the afternoon trying to sell you a " gen-u-ine silver" watch or other extremely valuable item, and Rosina will be tempting you to have your fortune told. ( no guarantees of accuracy from either character!) +++
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Rosina carefully put a small stack of fortune cards into a velvet-lined locked box. It wouldn't do to let the 'magic' drift out of the cards before next Faire day. She hoped that every person for whom she had read the Cards was satisfied. Poking at one's fate could be dangerous, sometimes just looking into the future could change it. She hadn't told any of her customers that little bit of news!

((Thank you to all the people who rp interacted with my characters Rosina and Natesa. I had fun and hope you did too!

I hope to do this 'designated RP day' at the Faire again next month, see you then! ( and in between too!))
Edited by Rosina on 2/5/2012 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Natesa stomped around her apartment angrily. What the fel was wrong with people? She had sold only one 'gen-u-ine mithril" pocket watch all day. Maybe she should have stuck with her first plan in calling them 'silver'. Hey, they were both shiny gray metals. Guess people were getting smarter. Nah. That couldn't be it. Well, that's what she got for trying to go legit anyway. Better to just take what she wanted instead of trying to earn it 'honestly' by selling things. And so what if the 'things' were not quite as advertised, they were close enough!
Edited by Natesa on 2/5/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
For a short while, there was a man running rampant around the faire with his pants off.

Then after a while, there was a rabid worgen chasing a gnome on a skeletal mount.

"I TOLD you don't buy anything from that forsaken lady!"

Good times, good times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
MOAR!

If you see me online [except 3am which is when I run my dailies] I'm up for participation. All week... and all week next month...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]