Plans to fix Jewelcrafting?

100 Gnome Mage
how about this. give up jc, lose out of the potential to make millions of gold and get your +30 stats. ill stick with JC and sell you all those epic gems you so love and make my millions from you and your min maxing friends...

sound like a deal?

I'm usually a hardcore min/maxer but I can't bring myself to do the JC -> BS switch for +50 stats because of the money making reason =(

I might just go ahead and drop enchanting right now...
Edited by Digerati on 1/8/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I think the point was they didn't want it so Johnny Noobcakes couldn't get an additional +30 points when he had no intention of ever purchasing or engaging in game activities that would allow him to aquire an epic gem.

30 of any stat will not make or break anything. You'll get significantly more variance in your damage output from the damage range on your weapons, let alone the other aspects of RNG in the game.

Make up your minds.

But !@#$ting on players with endeavor because you're worried about Johnny Noobcakes - just classy!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/08/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Chacko
But !@#$ting on players with endeavor because you're worried about Johnny Noobcakes - just classy!

I didn't make the second quote.... just the first.

I didn't mean to be insensitive to your situation. In an ideal world your Chimera's Eyes would receive a +10 bonus each if you have a certain number of epic gems socketed and everyone would be happy. I just mentioned about Johnny Noobcakes, because that's the practical reason for leaving it as it is until a larger percentage of the player base gets fully equipped with epic gems.

I feel your pain, but I still believe it's a good system as it is now and will continue to be good until many more players have an epic gem in every slot.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/08/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Justheoa

I didn't make the second quote.... just the first.

I didn't mean to be insensitive to your situation. In an ideal world your Chimera's Eyes would receive a +10 bonus each if you have a certain number of epic gems socketed and everyone would be happy. I just mentioned about Johnny Noobcakes, because that's the practical reason for leaving it as it is until a larger percentage of the player base gets fully equipped with epic gems.

I feel your pain, but I still believe it's a good system as it is now and will continue to be good until many more players have an epic gem in every slot.

None of that was particularly aimed at you.

It's just to illustrate that I think the "It's only 30 stats" argument is hollow.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
@Chacko...you still have a rare gem in your belt and the use of hybrids in your belt and 2nd ring is costing you 40 agility. I would focus on that rather than the 30 stats you will be missing from jewelcrafting once you fix those issues.

In the meantime, you need to look beyond your own selfish concerns and put yourself in Blizzards shoes. You can either give 99% of the population 3 free epic gems, forcing min/maxers to drop a profession they like for jewelcrafting, or you temporarily screw 1% of the population that is already willing to level FotM professions, specs, and even classes with each new patch. And most of the 1 percenters already know the 30 stats is not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You can either give 99% of the population 3 free epic gems, forcing min/maxers to drop a profession they like for jewelcrafting, or you temporarily screw 1% of the population

Or they could have made a new JC gem that requires an epic gem and a chimera's eye to create.

Brilliant Deathwing's Eye
Binds when picked up
Unique Equipped: Jeweler's Gem (3)
+77 int
Requires Jewelcrafting (525)

Mats to cut would be a Chimera's eye and a Queen's Garnet.

This would keep the JC bonus equal to other professions (except BS) while not allowing JC to give an excess bonus to those w/o epic gems. I honestly thought they would implement something like this before the patch went live, but I guess I was naive to think they would do something so simple yet fair.
Reply Quote
01/07/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Puredemise
I was just wondering if the developers have a plan to fix jewelcrafting so I'm not screwed with my choice of a profession.

You can drop any profession any time you like. Nothing's screwing you. This character used to be 525 JC. I dropped it to level engineering instead. Obviously a dumb move if you're looking to make money, but...

This topic has been brought up repeatedly since 4.3 hit. I don't see what another thread will do.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
@Chacko...you still have a rare gem in your belt and the use of hybrids in your belt and 2nd ring is costing you 40 agility. I would focus on that rather than the 30 stats you will be missing from jewelcrafting once you fix those issues.

Wrong. But thanks for playing.

In the meantime, you need to look beyond your own selfish concerns and put yourself in Blizzards shoes. You can either give 99% of the population 3 free epic gems, forcing min/maxers to drop a profession they like for jewelcrafting, or you temporarily screw 1% of the population that is already willing to level FotM professions, specs, and even classes with each new patch. And most of the 1 percenters already know the 30 stats is not a big deal.

Why would min-maxers drop for jewelcrafting if it provided the same benefit as what profession they're dropping? I feel like you don't think before you post.

If 30 stats is not a big deal, giving the 99% 3 free epic gems is not a big deal.

Keeping the professions on equal footing has nothing to do with stats, it's about fairness and is always a big deal.

Also, considering how you gem your main Druid, I wouldn't talk too much about 1 rare gem.
Edited by Chacko on 1/10/2012 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/10/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Dushkup
I was just wondering if the developers have a plan to fix jewelcrafting so I'm not screwed with my choice of a profession.

You can drop any profession any time you like. Nothing's screwing you. This character used to be 525 JC. I dropped it to level engineering instead. Obviously a dumb move if you're looking to make money, but...

This topic has been brought up repeatedly since 4.3 hit. I don't see what another thread will do.

If nothing is screwing you, why'd you drop JC?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If 30 stats is not a big deal, giving the 99% 3 free epic gems is not a big deal.

It's not a big deal; however, some people get irrational about very small (and shrinking) deals.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
01/10/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Chacko

So you don't have a delicate inferno ruby in your belt costing you 10 agility? You didn't use an agility / hit gem in your belt for a +10 agility bonus for a net loss of 15 agility by not reforging for the 25 hit you needed? You didn't sacrifice another 15 agility in your ring for 25 haste?

The closer you get to the hit cap, the less each point of hit is worth. And I doubt rogues get THAT much benefit from haste that would make it superior to agility, even at a 3:5 ratio.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
01/10/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Jozie

So you don't have a delicate inferno ruby in your belt costing you 10 agility? You didn't use an agility / hit gem in your belt for a +10 agility bonus for a net loss of 15 agility by not reforging for the 25 hit you needed? You didn't sacrifice another 15 agility in your ring for 25 haste?

The closer you get to the hit cap, the less each point of hit is worth. And I doubt rogues get THAT much benefit from haste that would make it superior to agility, even at a 3:5 ratio.

Are you sure about that?

And I doubt

So that would be "No", then?

Still wrong, son.

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
If someone is geared enough to have all epic gems, is 20 points really going to make ANY noticeable difference? Any at all?

Sure, it's not "equal", and I guess that necessarily means it's not "fair", but I think it's such a small difference that it's not even worth making a post about. Or responding to one. Oh, wait...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If someone is geared enough to have all epic gems, is 20 points really going to make ANY noticeable difference? Any at all?

The difference in QQ is certainly noticeable.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Are you sure about that?

And I doubt

So that would be "No", then?

Still wrong, son.

I am starting to enjoy your arguement style. We disagree, so I am simply wrong. I am not familiar with rogues, so I am once again wrong. Simple and concise, without offering any fuel to continue the dicussion.

Can you at least concede you have an inferno ruby in you belt buckle?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
What else can I say other than, you're wrong? My belt is getting replaced today (for which I have 3 Queen's Garnets ready), and my ring is gemmed optimally based on my stat weightings?

It's not, either agree with me or you're wrong.

It's, you posed a theory, I tested it, and it's wrong.
Edited by Chacko on 1/10/2012 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
What else can I say other than, you're wrong? My belt is getting replaced today (for which I have 3 Queen's Garnets ready), and my ring is gemmed optimally based on my stat weightings?

It's not, either agree with me or you're wrong.

It's, you posed a theory, I tested it, and it's wrong.

:-)
Edited by Jozie on 1/10/2012 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Joz, I find the best strategy for my own sanity is to give everybody the benefit of the doubt to begin with. You never know what they may have been told or heard or how they may have misinterpreted some Blizzard announcement. So it is only fair to try to explain to people how things actually are honestly and fairly.

If they argue once or twice, I will play along. Some people only understand a concept after they have posed every devil's advocate counter to it and seen them rebuffed.

But if they continue to argue for the sake of it, I just let them stew. It's not worth it. I don't know if they think that if they defeat one of us (who are all just other players, voluntarily posting in here to help people out), that Blizzard will say "good show sir! we shall implement all your demands forthwith!"... ultimately we could solve the meaning of life in here and Blizzard won't change a single thing they weren't already going to change. If some clown wants to rant on and on against things that are the way they are on purpose and aren't going to change no matter what he says, to me that is something he can do in his own quiet place.

It's easy to just hit the Backspace button when all you see is dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would really like to hear from a Forum Dev on when they're thinking of patching JC so it still gives it's +81 stat to current available gems.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Joz, I find the best strategy for my own sanity is to give everybody the benefit of the doubt to begin with. You never know what they may have been told or heard or how they may have misinterpreted some Blizzard announcement. So it is only fair to try to explain to people how things actually are honestly and fairly.

If they argue once or twice, I will play along. Some people only understand a concept after they have posed every devil's advocate counter to it and seen them rebuffed.

But if they continue to argue for the sake of it, I just let them stew. It's not worth it. I don't know if they think that if they defeat one of us (who are all just other players, voluntarily posting in here to help people out), that Blizzard will say "good show sir! we shall implement all your demands forthwith!"... ultimately we could solve the meaning of life in here and Blizzard won't change a single thing they weren't already going to change. If some clown wants to rant on and on against things that are the way they are on purpose and aren't going to change no matter what he says, to me that is something he can do in his own quiet place.

It's easy to just hit the Backspace button when all you see is dumb.

It's unfathomable how much effort you put into ensuring other players aren't kept on equal footing. This thread has never and will never have any effect on you, so take your own advice and leave.

Also, if you can provide me with 1 quote, 1 citation that indicates that this is intended and not an oversight, I'll go away.
Edited by Chacko on 1/11/2012 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]