[A] Remnants 25 - Recruiting

86 Night Elf Rogue
Remnants raid is looking for a few solid players to fill out our roster. We lost a few people to Star Wars recently, and while we have had some successful trials, we are still looking to find good fits. We need people with the right balance of enthusiasm, skill and toughness to progress and to keep it fun.

Remnants has been raiding 25s since SSC, and many of our raiders go back to vanilla or launch. We are made up of mostly professionals, and we respect the game/life balance. We want people that can be there every time, but we are very flexible with working with people's schedules. As long as we can get a heads up and time to find a sub, it's no issue at all. We try to run a roster of 30+ people to allow for some rotation and relaxation.

Remnants is run on a Wishlist based Loot Council System. At the start of each tier, we compile a database of all the items available and have everyone pick their Best in slot items. As each item drops, the loot council reviews who has it listed and can make calls from there. There is real choice in what type of items you prefer.

As a word of caution, 25-man raiding is a rare beast these days. There have been a few times in cataclysm where we have felt frustrated by a seeming disparity in difficulty between 10s and 25s. But whether there is or isn't, we get stuff done.

What is required:
- need to know your rotations down cold
- need to know where to find information to help you pick out gear
- need to read up / contribute to our strategy forums to make our raid time successful
- need to maintain a positive attitude. I'm not going to say "enjoy wiping" but how about "learn from mistakes and dont fall into a funk and make more".

Currently recruiting needs:
Damage: Hunter, Shaman, Death knight
Healer: 1 more, shaman preferred

Apply at www.remnantraid.com or hit us up in game. Hope to see you soon!
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
<3 you guys.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Rogue
01/08/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Dakliron
There have been a few times in cataclysm where we have felt frustrated by a seeming disparity in difficulty between 10s and 25s.

Yep, wouldnt be a Remnants post without the obligatory 10 vs 25 disparity comment. Im continously amazed on how insecure you continue to be about your progression. why keep whining about it?

01/08/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Dakliron
There have been a few times in cataclysm

Yeah just not during T11 when 10man was significantly harder (as stated by top world raids) which is why they all switched from 10 to 25man format for the hardest bosses including ALL end bosses during the progression race.

but you didnt see any 10man raids here complaining or crying disparity, did you? no, because they werent insecure and whiny.

I swear, you guys must comfort each other on vent every raid day with "its ok guys, we raid 25, we are the best", just so everybody is okay with the unimpressive progression.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It must be hard on you, caring about it so much.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/09/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Konros
It must be hard on you, caring about it so much.

You said hard on
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Yep, wouldnt be a Remnants post without the obligatory 10 vs 25 disparity comment.

Honestly, I'd have to agree there. But hey, whatever floats their boat. Every group needs to have their "niche" or something to make them proud. They get their pride from disparities. You get your pride from hiding behind a mask. Everybody wins.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/09/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Vodamn
You get your pride from hiding behind a mask.

Oh please Vodamn. Everyone knows you wear a mask too, not because you are a chicken!@#$ coward, but because of those cheekbones. A little rouge and you'd look fabulous. Have some confidence.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Id just like to point out this hat makes me look like a dude.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ima Teapot!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
LFR Remnants!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
01/10/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Gallatea
Ima Teapot!

Are you named after a Claymore character by chance?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Do it. Do it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Are you named after a Claymore character by chance?

Nopers, I am often asked if my name came from such and such places or it reminds people of other things such as...cookies. But, no, it was a madeup name I created for one of my older characters and then reused for my druid Galla. Then found out later from people whispering me on WoW that it is apparently in many other places, or something close to it. But, alas, no, it was made up name at the time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
MMM... Galletas...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Soon with more dragon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Who doesn't love cookies?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
...frustrated by a seeming disparity in difficulty between 10s and 25s

You are correct that there is a disparity in difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Sup.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Bump for heroic hagara!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Arf arf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]