WoW No Longer Compatible with Windows 2000

100 Dwarf Mage
Still running great on open suse linux, 11.4, with the latest Wine and the latest Nvidia kernel driver:

As well as with the wow64 binary, functioning great.

Poor windows 2000 people...

If you guys want a quick, free fix, when wow no longer functions at all (if this even means that) try multibooting to a LInux.The only side effect is:

I have none of the problems that thousands of windows users post about, in the service forums, after various patches (such as Lower FPS, bluescreens, etc.)

I'm not sure if you're still reading this, but I've seen you talk about this before. Can you make use of the newer graphic effects like animated water and sunshafts? Last time I used Ubuntu, the drivers for my card didn't support the features, but they worked perfectly well in Windows.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Why do people keep saying the older operating systems are more stable? That is totally false and apparently a major misconception. Older operating systems become MORE unstable as time goes on, not the other way around. Software and Internet usage takes advantage of newer and newer technologies all the time thus making the older platforms more likely to crash, hense unstable. And besides that, I don't remember my Vista/Win7 machines just straight up crashing like the old Win98/2000 use to all the time, so I don't see any basis at all for what some of you are saying.

If your looking for compatibility there is something in your files properties called the compatibility tab or you could even use a emulator. But for godsakes don't use anything over a decade old as your main OS.

derp.
Edited by Resinate on 3/28/2012 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I can't wait until Patch 6.0 when WoW stops supporting Windows XP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Is glad she replaced her old machine when WotLK and then decided to buy another when cata came out...I think between the two i won't skip a beat! But it does blow for those who cant afford a new machine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]