Cartoons that don't show anymore.

11 Blood Elf Mage
What are some cartoons you used to watch when you were a kid that don't show anymore and that you miss? For me:

1. Tiny Toons
2. Dexter's Lab
3. Rocko's Modern Life
4. Invader Zim- I was a teen when this aired but I liked it at the time.

How about you all?

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Idk if this is still on or not but ruggrats? I loved that show when I was really young. There were many cartoons that I watched as a kid that are no longer on but I forgot them all.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
2 Stupid Dogs lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dave the Barbarian was always one of my favorites.

Johnny Bravo, too. It's still on Boomerang and Cartoon Network, I believe.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
This will show my age, but I like Bugs, Foghorn, Roadrunner, Daffy, and all of the old Warner Bros cartoons which used to be shown on Saturday mornings. Scooby Doo was another favorite. I also loved Ultraman, which was a live-action Japanese show featuring a superhero who could transform into a giant human to fight Godzilla-type monsters. Anyone remember that? This was l-o-n-g before Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
Edited by Dreka on 1/11/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
28 Undead Mage
Captain Caveman.
Laff-A-Lympics.
The Shmoo.
Kid's Superpower Hour.
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
Reply Quote
Kimba the White Lion
Battle of the Planets (circa 1972)
Thundarr the Barbarian

Ariel! Ookla! We ride!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/11/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Dreka
This will show my age, but I like Bugs, Foghorn, Roadrunner, Daffy, and all of the old Warner Bros cartoons which used to be shown on Saturday mornings. Scooby Doo was another favorite. I also loved Ultraman, which was a live-action Japanese show featuring a superhero who could transform into a giant human to fight Godzilla-type monsters. Anyone remember that? This was l-o-n-g before Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

Ultraman and Johnny Sokko and His flying Robot..... Battle of the Planets was another of my favorites....G-FORCE!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Robotech was like my crack as a child. I remember it came on at the crack of dawn on some local station back then, and I would always get up early just to watch it before school. I was a sad little kid when the stopped showing it. I've thought about buying the box sets, but I honestly don't know how well it would hold up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG!!!!!! :D (i still watch it on youtube)
Edited by Zarissel on 1/12/2012 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
David the Gnome! It's probably responsible for my lifelong love of gnomes 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSG5ANAdIp4

Maya the Bee was another good one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
David the Gnome! It's probably responsible for my lifelong love of gnomes 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSG5ANAdIp4

Maya the Bee was another good one.

god, i remember david the gnome.

hmm, let's see. other shows i watched that aren't on anymore:

darkwing duck
tale spin
gummy bears
chip and dales rescue rangers
johnny quest
denver the last dinosaur
MASK
mighty max

that's about all i can think of right now off the top of my head. ai'm sure i could name a lot more, but i'm a little sleep deprived atm, so not thinking too clearly ><
Reply Quote
Grim Adventures of B&M, best show ever.

"DESTROY US ALL, DESTROY US ALL, i'll have the chicken, DESTROY US ALL."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
The cartoon series for Mario World (Mama Luigi!), Sonic, and Megaman.

My favorite Megaman episode was when he meets up with X and they kick butt together, with X being a million times cooler and stronger, of course.

Oh, I forgot about Ninja Turtles, with my favorite episodes being about the Alienesque pizza monsters and another about the mousers.
Edited by Terronega on 1/13/2012 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/11/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Avellen
Robotech was like my crack as a child. I remember it came on at the crack of dawn on some local station back then, and I would always get up early just to watch it before school. I was a sad little kid when the stopped showing it. I've thought about buying the box sets, but I honestly don't know how well it would hold up.

Here's another vote for Robotech. I first caught it late on a Saturday in 1985 before it was moved to weekday afternoons, and was enthralled — especially by the "first" of Harmony Gold's three adapted series, the Macross saga. The maturity of the show's content left me spoiled; I found most cartoons ho-hum after that.

As for revisiting it: as an adult, you'll notice the repetition of music and animations, as well as some of the more youthful character interactions. But it's still pretty compelling.
Reply Quote
Dexter's Lab can be found, along with many others on Cartoon Network.

Have a great day

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]